SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mark Driscoll: A Continuing Saga in the Emergent Church Movement!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You know, I have personally witnessed good,Godly Christian men, turn to alternatives to the true word of God teachings. I have pondered this many, many times, because I was attending a Bible study for a while, that the person holding the study got so bored with the study, he turned it into a prophesy session. He really got into Matthew Stephens and other self proclaimed prophets, of course needless to say I ran out the back door as fast as I could. I personally think some folks really do get "bored" for lack of a better word, with the word, and begin to reach out to more exciting things, that get them so far out there, their pride keeps them from coming back to the Bible. I truly believe this does happen, and LadyMac your right, we need to pray for them, because we all have to remember, our fight is not against flesh and blood.

2012/1/31 21:14Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, today i went on the computer and typed in marshill and saw his most recent series is on marriage. i put on the first sermon..a new marriage with the same wife. this was the best preaching and teaching on marrage from his testimony and the bible i have heard in 48 years. i was very close to len ravenhill and what i heard today is with lens ability to communicate Jesus.what anyone could crticize would amaze me. lookds like judgement by reputation.i prayed earlier if i should start a mark driscoll topic and came on line and here it is.you go listen to what he is preaching in jan.2012 and then comment or be wise not to say anything out of your laziness and ignorance.jimp iw ish i could havew heard the sermon i listened to today years ago for it would have saved me much grief.

2012/1/31 22:23Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i was hoping to have one taker to the challenge i put forth.jimp

2012/2/1 1:13Profile

Mixture: A little bit of poison will do.

"I do not wonder but that God must grieve...
How do you deal with it?"..Ginnyrose

The most awful judgment a false church, or a man or woman who has fallen away, is not to know it. Then, you just go about your religion without the Holy Spirit, and live your life for yourself , and in the end, die in your sins. This is the ministry of Mr. Driscoll.

"Because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

What should be done? What is done here, now. By exposing him as off the wall, and warning others as it comes before us. [ Would you want your son or daughter attending here, and drinking this foul water as the Gospel? ]

We are witnessing THE GREAT FALLING AWAY. Sometimes the Devil doesn't come with a pitchfork and horns; he comes with just a little bit of a tasty morsel to mix in with your bread. This is the nature of the "Emergent Church".

What is sold as freedom here, is really a rejection of the cross that bites into our soul lives and demands that we die to ourselves...DENY OURSELVES..and follow Jesus.

This is the only way we learn to bear fruit, and learn to love.

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth!

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see."

Mixture and self-promotion kills, no matter how cool you think your gospel message may be. I wrote this on a recent Driscoll thread.

"My take on Driscoll is one of self promoting egotism, with very little of New Testament Christianity shining through. He seems to thrive, as your typical media shock-Jock usually does...promoting radical confrontation in the name of being real, to expose the hypocrisy of the ne'r-do-wells....and to shock the masses with his courageous endorsement of some rather odd liberties."Brothertom

2012/2/1 6:40
jimp

Re: Mixture: A little bit of poison will do.

brother tom, you did go and listen to what this man is preaching today didn't you as to voice an opine without doing so is more wicked than what you realize.krino not...i was recruited by charles simpson into what turned out to be a cult under the guize of decipleship andhad ought against him and the other first line of the leadership. after gnawing at this for a year, i ran into charles and told him about my anger toward him... he begged for forgiveness and told me that he had repented of this many months ago.God opened my eyes to the fact that i was angry with a brother in the Lord for no reason for a long tim... no wonder some prayers did not get answered.jimp if you would have heard peter by the fire and spread stories of his weekness you would not have believed what and how he preached on pentacost.

2012/2/1 6:55Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re: Mark Driscoll: A Continuing Saga in the Emergent Church Movement!

There are a lot of quotes here, that's true. Are we going to judge this man who's giving his life for the cause of Christ because of a few snippets? They are not even set in context. If I pulled just a few random verses from the Bible God would be a raging lunatic murderer. It's not fair to Mark Driscoll.

What's funny to me about all the turmoil with him right now is that no group likes him. The more conservative veins of Christendom reject him and the more liberal veins of Christendom reject him.

Driscoll has stated before that he withdrew himself from the Emergent Church movement due to theological differences. Using the words emerging church and emerging culture are only descriptors for reaching a younger generation.

For better or worse this is a guy who is preaching Jesus. The only commenter who said they had listened to his preaching said he thought Driscoll was good.

How many others have actually taken the time to listen?

Before you throw stones why don't you read a book or two, listen to a sermon or two and then decide? I've listened to a lot of his preaching and speaking. I don't even really like listening to him. I don't like his delivery style. However, I still believe that he is preaching Christ to the best of his ability.

Yes, much of what he says is shocking and I wouldn't phrase certain things the same. But the people he's trying to reach are not home school kids. He's preaching to a segment of the population who have been hardened by a lost world and are utterly lost. He's preaching to them and he's reaching them. He's getting their attention and they are responding.

2012/2/1 9:43Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Mixture: A little bit of poison will do.

We need more books in "christian" bookstores these days like Alleine's "Call to the Unconverted", so that people really know that God doesn't save men in pieces. This half-conversion followed with a carnal-peace smells of fire and brimstone.
Pray, ye saints of Christ - God's will be done!

2012/2/1 13:27Profile

Re: Mark Driscoll: A Continuing Saga in the Emergent Church Movement!

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

feels good, doesnt that?

2012/2/1 14:58
jimp

Re:

hi, that is sad.

2012/2/1 18:46Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: HezWelling

Quote:
by HezWelling

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

Brother,

I have tried not to come into this thread and I was clicking on it saying, "Why am going here?" And I saw your post and laughed. I know it's not meant to be funny but I had to thank you for bringing some levity to this topic.

God bless you, Neil
Lisa

2012/2/1 20:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy