SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Precision Hyperlinks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Precision Hyperlinks

Is there a way of ensuring that a hyperlink (a href="etc) will link with a precise post? My impression is that such a link will take you to the thread but not necessarily the exact post, but I think I have seen Greg do precision links...

2004/10/22 10:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Precision Hyperlinks

Quote:
Is there a way of ensuring that a hyperlink (a href="etc) will link with a precise post? My impression is that such a link will take you to the thread but not necessarily the exact post, but I think I have seen Greg do precision links...

As far as I know it will only link to a precise post when you do a search for a specific term and it points directly to the post in hand. I will see how hard it is to reproduce manually.

2004/10/22 10:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

OK how it works is there IS a way to post directly to single post in a thread but it is beyond you to know how to do it, let me explain.

I searched for the term Jesus and got this thread:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3398&forum=36#22701

at the end of the url you will notice a [b]#22701[/b] that indicates what post # it is.

[b]forum=36[/b] this indicates the forum section

[b]topic_id=3398[/b] this indicates the topic thread.

So to get the function you desire all you would have to do is add the post number at the back of the url ie [i]#22701[/i]. The only problem is that there is no way for you to know what post number a post is. Perhaps I could have it display somewhere? hmm how important is it?

2004/10/22 10:13Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Not THAT important! You could just have stopped your post at the sentence "it is beyond you". So much is...

I can do a work-around by finding the post, then identifying some obscure word, then by doing an advanced search, and hence to the very spot... When you've had no education you just have to use your brains!!

Thanks all the same.

2004/10/22 10:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy