SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can We Not Love Just One?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Can We Not Love Just One?

I was reminded tonight of 3 individuals in my young life who made a difference by taking time. I grew up in a dysfunctional family, was even put in a children's home for a time, and shoved off onto relatives too.

At six years old a lady I'd like to honor, Miss Moyer, a sunday school teacher, took me to church and then to her house to have supper. She fed me peas as hard as bullets, but she showed a little broken girl love.

Then at twelve years of age I was sent to live with my grandmother for about a year, she showed me love and taught me how to make hand crocheted rag rugs, then my aunt Addy took time to teach me how to make baskets out of used greeting cards and lint brushes out of foam sheets.

Each person took just a bit of their time to love and teach a little rejected girl that time matters. I have never forgotten their kindness and love, even though I'm 57 now.

We need to look around for the cast offs, the broken, and hurting. We might not be able to help them all, but we can make a difference to one.

My brother also had a man that allowed him to come to his house and make model airplanes and cars. They played games together, and ate together. This was the only man that took the time to pour kindness into a little lonely boy. My brother never forgot him either.

Again we can make a difference if we are willing to be inconvenienced and interrupted. There are many cast offs, throw-aways out there. They need someone to stop a minute and let them know they have value. Will we do it?

2010/7/1 0:51Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Can We Not Love Just One?

Goldminer,

Thank you for sharing that. It really touched my heart because I was one of those little girls too; I was hyperactive and not everyone liked being around me but thank the Lord for those people who did come along side of me that made a difference!

Quote:
We need to look around for the cast offs, the broken, and hurting. We might not be able to help them all, but we can make a difference to one.

we definitely shouldn't seal ourselves off from children or even adults. You know what, God gave each of us our own personality and not everyone likes being around some people!! And that should be ok, minister to who you can. Just be sure and minister!!

We need to value people and when we value them, they'll know they have value! (Hey that sounds like a "relationship" doesn't it? haha I think it does!) Thanks for reminding me!

God bless you,

2010/7/1 1:20Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Can We Not Love Just One?

I know a lady at my church that has a real heart for children. There is one little girl that she takes out for lunch just like she would with a grownup lady. They have girl days, get manicures, whatever, but that has really impacted that little girls life. Love looks like something.

Thanks for sharing Lysa

2010/7/1 8:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy