SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DIRECTION OF DISCIPLINE by Oswald Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 DIRECTION OF DISCIPLINE by Oswald Chambers

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Matthew 5:30

Jesus did not say that everyone must cut off the right hand, but - If your right hand offends you in your walk with Me, cut it off. There are many things that are perfectly legitimate, but if you are going to concentrate on God you cannot do them. Your right hand is one of the best things you have, but, says Jesus, if it hinders you in following His precepts, cut it off. This line of discipline is the sternest one that ever struck mankind.

When God alters a man by regeneration, the characteristic of the life to begin with is that it is maimed. There are a hundred and one things you dare not do, things that to you and in the eyes of the world that knows you are as your right hand and your eye, and the unspiritual person says - Whatever is wrong in that? How absurd you are! There never has been a saint yet who did not have to live a maimed life to start with. But it is better to enter into life maimed and lovely in God's sight than to be lovely in man's sight and lame in God's. In the beginning Jesus Christ by His Spirit has to check you from doing a great many things that may be perfectly right for everyone else but not right for you. See that you do not use your limitations to criticize someone else.

It is a maimed life to begin with, but in v.48 Jesus gives the picture of a perfectly full-orbed life - "Ye shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

2010/6/29 23:15Profile
Lydo

Bangalore India

Re: DIRECTION OF DISCIPLINE by Oswald Chambers

This post is really good.

This reminds me of what I heard in the message "The only thing " by Brother Sandeep Poonen, where he says, that the LORD has called HIS Children and espically HIS DISCIPLES to A DEEPLY IMBALANCED LIFE, a life that is caught up in Devotion for the LORD, it looks imbalanced to the folks in the world, as they have their sense of values completely upside down.

The world thinks that we are upside down, and let them think that way.
I love this verse that the people said about the christians in acts( Acts 17:6 - "And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;) that they turned the world upside down. It is only when we put Jesus first, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST, AND ARE WILLING TO BE MAIMED, our life here on earth will be an extremely exciting adventure.
I love the verse Proverbs 14:14 in the living Bible it says; "The Backslider gets bored with himself, but the Godly man's life is Exciting."!
The devil also is scared of such Disciples of Christ, as in Christ we are More than Conquerors.!!

2010/6/30 5:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy