SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : confused about the future

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

confused about the future

Recently some in our fellowship shared a teaching about the end of the USA as a nation was very near. They sited the economy is heading for a depression that we will be unable to recover from and that millions more will be out of work by the end of the year maybe even sooner? They talked about the oil leak making things that much more worse. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this. I really do not understand all the economy talk, I know there are many with out jobs that are hurting and I pray for them. I know that the oil leak is making things worse for a lot of people too. I don't ever want to sound like I make lite of what people are going through because I know how hard it is. I guess what has me confused is some attitudes that sound almost like giving up, they believe things are doomed so they are just waiting for it to happen. I know we are to wait upon the Lord but shouldn't we do so with faith and trust not in fear and gloom?

rdg

2010/6/29 15:08Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: confused about the future

There is Only One who knows tomorrow
and HE holds our destiny and life in
HIS Mighty Hands. This world and its
desires are passing away; but those
who do the will of GOD remain forever!!
Put your dreams, hopes and plans in the
Father's caring, loving Hands!! Better
than AllState!!

2010/6/29 15:50Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Matthew 6:25-27 (NKJV)

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

2010/6/29 16:14Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Quote:
“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

__

This was my heart on this to but there are some that come across as if I am burying my head in the sand and ignoring what is coming. I just want to live with faith and trust in the Lord

rdg

2010/6/29 16:26Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

by rainydaygirl on 2010/6/29 13:26:33

Quote:
Quote:

This was my heart on this to but there are some that come across as if I am burying my head in the sand and ignoring what is coming. I just want to live with faith and trust in the Lord

Yes, there are some who feel that way. They are those who do not love the Lord Jesus or believe in his Words or follow his example, no matter what they say. These are his words. We are to eat them and live by them.

2010/6/29 21:00Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: confused about the future

The future does indeed look dark but what is our reaction as Christians?

Shouldn't this drive us to our knees in prayer for the church and for our nation? (for as the church goes so goes the nation)

Shouldn't we be seeking the Lord diligently and vigilantly for His heart of compassion through the dark times? Otherwise we're going to be like all the rest of the world, thinking only of self-preservation, grasping instead of giving. Our walk with Him now will determine our reactions in the future crisis.

Are we waiting on God so that we will stand like Paul on the deck of a sinking ship and declare that we have been with God and heard a word for this dark time?

I believe God has great and mighty things He is doing now and in the near future, things we can't even imagine. Will we be one of those smooth stones that He selects to place in His sling and slay the giants?

"Watch and pray" is the word I keep hearing. Make time, make time.

In Christ,

Ron

2010/6/29 21:10Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Psalms 91

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

There have been times when I have heard the same things spoken, however the Lord has shown me that just as it was for the Israelites in the land of Goshen, it will be for us.

Exd 8:22 And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell, that no swarms [of flies] shall be there; to the end thou mayest know that I [am] the LORD in the midst of the earth.
26 Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel [were], was there no hail.

The problem with the body of Christ at this time is we are not living in eternity like we are called to. We don't want this life to pass away. We hold on to it like its our home. We want it to hold off until we see our children grown and married, grandchildren, etc. But we don't see that as Duncan Campbell said, " this is just a dressing room for eternity, that's all it is." The only important thing now is who will we take with us. We need to live each day like it's our last. The fields are white unto harvest, pray the Lord of the harvest will send forth laborers into the harvest. Pray we will be those harvesters. It really doesn't matter what the progression of the USA is, and I love my natural home country, but I really belong to another country, and so do you. Don't worry, your heavenly Father will take care of you. His grace will be sufficient for everything that He allows to come into our lives. Peace to you.

2010/6/29 22:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy