Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

6/28 EVENING REFLECTIONS

Broken Bread

Daily Devotions from the Daily Light
by Evan Hopkins

June 28

I know that my redeemer liveth.--Job 19:25

This was testimony to a personal interest in God's salvation. He says, "my Redeemer." Many have a faith in Christ as the Redeemer of men generally. But religion has but little power in our lives until it becomes an individual matter. It is when we can thus appropriate God's unspeakable Gift, and say from our hearts, "Thou art MY Saviour, 'MY Lord and MY God,'" that the comfort and strength of His redemption are realized. It is then, but not before, that we can take our stand as witnesses to His saving grace.

Job speaks, too, without doubt or hesitation. He does not say,"I hope," but, "I KNOW that my redeemer liveth." There are some who regard such expressions as too presumptuous for sinful men to adopt. Well, it depends upon what our confidence is based. Is it confidence in what we have done, or are, upon what we have attained? Then most certainly, such language is utterly unsuitable, for creatures such as we are, to us. But if it is confidence in the Lord--in His word of assurance, in His promise, in what He has done, and undertakes still to do--then it is impossible to trust too confidently.

2010/6/28 22:06
Chicku

Bangalore

Re: 6/28 EVENING REFLECTIONS

Good one....
Yes i know my redeemer liveth......And he is strong enough to carry me through....
May God bless you and use you in the coming days too.... :)

2010/6/29 7:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy