Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have God's faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I have God's faith

I have God's faith

Gal. 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

In Romans 6:6, Paul said, "Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, so that the body of sin would be destroyed." There it is: the old man died. Romans 6:3 says, "Do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Jesus, were baptized into his death". We died with Him. The New Testament says this over and over again.

Col. 3:3-4, "For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory."

The person you were before you were a Christian died and was exchanged for a new life in Christ. At the cross Jesus Christ absorbed into Himself everything bad about us, including our old identities in Adam. When we trusted in Him, we receive everything good about Him, including Christ Himself.

Do you see the importance of making this distinction between your life being changed at salvation versus it being exchanged? The former would suggest that now you are simply an “improved you,” which isn't at all the case. You are a new you! Every residue of the old sinful spiritual DNA you inherited from Adam was crucified. It is dead and buried! You have been raised to "walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4) because Christ is your very Life-Source now.

The exchanged life is when God takes your life and freely gives you Christ's Life instead of yours. Your old sinful self was crucified with Christ and you no longer live. You have died, and no longer have a life. You have received His all-sufficient Life in exchange for you old corrupt self. Now the Christian life isn't yours to live. God does not depend on you to live His Life for Him. He knows that it impossible for you to live His life, so He gave you His life when you were born again. You do not live for Him - He lives for you. Now you can fully depend on God's Life rather than depending on what you do or do not do. You no longer need to make promises that you can never keep or try to dedicate and rededicate your life to Him. You now have Christ living His Life through you. You no longer have to try make the Christian life work through your own efforts and resources. It is only made possible by your union with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.

So I now have His righteousness, holiness, His divine nature and His faith.

I have all this and more as the result of HIS LIFE as my source.

2010/6/27 6:53

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy