SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Baptism in the Holy Spirit: The Evidence

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

IntheLight said,

Quote:
Brother frank, outstanding post, the Spirit bears witness to what you have written. This is one of the best descriptions of spiritual life that I have read, thanks.

Amen! Brother Frank, that was a very encouraging post.

Thanks,
TimmyJoe

2010/6/30 16:14Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: The Baptism in the Holy Spirit: The Evidence

I enjoyed your article, Timmy. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong anybody), churches are supported by their governing body and if they step away from what the governing body declares what is 'evidence' of the baptism of the Holy Ghost, they are fired; ejected out of the church; or the whole church is ejected. I'm not quite sure what the steps are but they will bring you into line (if you let them) and they do it by withholding $$$$$ from you and the church.

We can see the trap many preachers have fallen into of looking to another for our livelihood instead of God! I'm not blaming them b/c the Lord allowed me to see this up close & personal a few years ago. When I did the ppt and sound for the church I went to, the church paid me with a $250 gas card every month for about 2 yrs and what was the FIRST thing I thought about when I knew it was time to leave... that's right, that piddly card! I was unemployed at the time and I probably stayed about 10 months longer than I should have and all over me arguing with myself over that gas card. I can't imagine counting on $2000 or more dollars a month coming in. God free up our pastors to be free for you, Jesus!!

And another side of it too is, that's why a lot of these TV preachers have broken away from their denominations b/c they didn't want to give their governing body "all that money they made."

Greed it's everywhere. I heard Derek Prince say in a sermon last week, "sin is crouching at the door," when we go out and when we come back in... it's there waiting on us, to trounce on us when we come in tired and beat down, if we don't stay alert.

In the 1950's, the pastors of the church I grew up had some mighty signs and wonders in their midst and several pentecostal denominations wanted them to join in with their church and they prayed the first couple times and finally the Lord said to them, "If you want man to tell what you preach, join their denomination. If you don't, you need to stay with me." And they stayed with God.

We need to pray for the pastors that those who have an ear to hear will hear the call of the Lord and teach what needs to be taught to their sheep come hell or high water, in the name of Jesus!!

God bless you,

2010/6/30 16:19Profile
learn

Re:

TimmyJoe,
the link given below is 1 hour+. Is it the right link because you mentioned that it was only 13 minutes for Paul Washer's. Thanks.

Quote from TimmieJoe
'Here is the link for the Paul Washer testimony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpZyl8VcCYc it is about 13 mins in. 13:49 to be exact.'

2010/7/1 3:47Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

learn,

Yes that is the right link. it is about an hour and 25 mins long, but the testimony is at 13 mins and 49 secs into the video. 13:49 is where you can here it to save you from having to watch the whole thing, even though the whole thing is very good.

2010/7/1 17:32Profile
learn

Re:

Thank you so much TimmyJoe. Yep its at the 13:49th minute of the 1+hr video.

2010/7/2 18:22Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

Denny Kenaston said,

Quote:
I want to say something about speaking in tongues. You seek God, you break your heart before, God, God pours out His spirit upon you, and you might speak in tongues. Sometimes that happens. Many times it doesn’t happen, but sometimes it happens. And if we’re going to be honest with this Bible… at least for me, I can’t stand up here and wiggle my way through all of those verse in the Bible and give you a nice theological reason why all of those things have passed away. I can’t do that. I don’t speak in tongues. I’ve never spoken in tongues. That’s not the longing of my heart. I’ll tell you what I pray continually, I pray, I plead, and beg God that I might prophesy, “God, to the edifying of the Church, I want to prophesy,”. So I’ve been hooked on that gift for a ling time. So I’m just saying that because, hey, that may happen. But I know there’s lot of confusion about that in this America where we live and there’s a lot of emotional confusion on it, and there’s a lot of static, emotional “working up” of things, and it’s not at all what I’m talking about, not at all. Most of it is spurious. As for me, I’ll take Moody and Finney’s anointing any day over this stuff that they seem to be having in this America. I’ll take Moody’s anointing, and never have to speak in another tongue. I’ll take Finney’s anointing any day over that. The point I’m making is, again we’re not looking for an experience. Again, we’re looking for the diving nature of God descending upon a man’s life overwhelming him with His presence and putting the character of the Living God upon His heart and the anointing upon his words. This I want. This I want, and you should also want, and seek with all of your heart, believing “Much more shall the Heavenly Father give to them that ask. Much, much, more.

2010/7/15 18:13Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

I want to recommend Denny Kenaston's sermons "baptism in the Holy Ghost and the New Testament reality" and "Enduement of Power".

they are in the text sermons section for anyone interested in more on this subject. :)

Thank,
Timmyjoe

2010/7/15 18:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This has nothing to do with the One baptism into One Spirit of the Body of Christ. The only evidence is Spirit filled revelation of the Christ that is in us and the upbuilding of the Body of Christ, by His Spirit and the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of our Father, which is One Baptism, preformed by Christ given us at rebirth.

One full bucket of Grace. Not parts and pieces or being filled and leaking, but we receive it all, one full bucket.
Let us be men in understanding.

1 Corinthians 14:6-20 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine? And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped? For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle? So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air. There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me. Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified. I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

No speaking in tongues, that being the evidence of Holy
Spirit baptism, Not, Not, Not, never.

In understanding be men; In Christ: Phillip

2010/7/16 0:33Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I grew up in a Pentecostal church background actually kind of all over the place with denominations anyways I am now currently a Youth Pastor at an Assemblies of God.

According to the 16 Fundmental truths is when you are baptised in the Holy Spirit you WILL speak in tongues. Once God broke through my religious heart I began to search for myself and found that Speaking in Tongues was never evidence of Baptism in the Spirit but rather a gift of the Spirit along with the other Spiritual Gifts.

I have "spoken in tongues" before but can't say it was a genuine move of God baptizing me. Why? because at those times I was clinging to my sin more than ever and still loving it. I found that Baptism of the Holy Spirit can't be identified with Speaking in tongues in a practical way I was a heathen and could speak jibberish with the best of them (no offense to those that speak in tongues) but it wasn't real or authentic because it wasn't backed up with something that I find is the true evidence not only of conversion but of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and that is Radical Freeing from Sin.

Repentance, Conviction, Godly Sorrow, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self Control. Baptism will ALWAYS Lead to a Holy, Humble lifestyle before Jesus Christ.

Are there still those that can speak in Tongues for real with these evidences? MOST CERTAINLY But without the things above what is the point of Baptism? Isn't Holy Spirit Baptism just for those reasons above? To live a Godly life Through Christ Jesus is what I seek, I will listen to the Holy Spirit and be obedient to what He says if I don't ever speak in tongues that's fine with me its a gift I am willing to receive if Christ Jesus is glorified through it I most certain don't want to get something and try and trick my brain into thinking I have it while all along I am just speaking jibberish.

One last thing I have noticed a flaw in pushing just this one gift among the Pentecostal movement Many people are only seeking after this gift so they don't feel left out, which to me seems like a poor motive. I know I originally spoke in tongues as a young boy only because my older brother was doing it so I simply followed suit.

When is the Body of Christ going to cry out for the Reality of Jesus rather than the emotionally feel sermons and music to manipulate the masses?

2010/7/16 4:15Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: The Baptism in the Holy Spirit: The Evidence

I absolutely believe that the Pentecostal churches have sought after this one gift even perhaps instead of seeking after God's own heart but I know I'm preaching to the choir here (so to speak!!) but this has everything to do with what a person is taught by their preacher / pastor / mentor etc. And if they do not (get out much) and listen to other preachers or teachers (or have a heart to search the scriptures), they won't know any different!

And we CANNOT blame these people or churches, that's God's job. All we can do is lovingly educate and let them know what God has done for us!

Another point I'd like to comment on is the sinful state people are in when they say they have spoken in tongues; as if this somehow disregards God's gift altogether. Now, for the record, I acknowledge that there are false tongues out there but just because a person was in a sinful state does not logically conclude they recieved false tongues!

*** Question*** The Holy Spirit prays what He hears from Jesus so how do we know that God has not taken this opportunity to pray for "you" - to have the Holy Spirit pray over your life and what you have need of from the throne of God; to get you where you need to be? Just saying... it's worth thinking and praying about.

God bless,

2010/7/16 7:05Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy