SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can You Explain the Love of God Towards Sinners?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
isaacac

Monterrey, Mexico

Can You Explain the Love of God Towards Sinners?

Sorry if my english , is not so well.
Well this is the situation. I know that in John 3:16 says: that by love to the world God gave His Son and i know the Parable of the Prodigal Son . But i want that somebody explain me this in a coherent way. There´s some passages in the Bible that confuse me and i want to uderstand that.

For example:For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness:neither shall evil dwell with thee.
The foolish shall not stand in thy sight:thou hatest all workers of iniquity. (Psalms 5:4-5)

God judgeth the righteous,and God is angry with the wicked every day. (Psalms 7:11)

For the froward is abomination to the LORD:but his secret is with the righteous.The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked:but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
(Proverbs 3:32-33)

They that are of a froward heart are abomination to the LORD:but such as are upright in their way are his delight.
(Proverbs 11:20)

Well i think that with these passages is enough, i will be realy thankful if somebody answers this.

God Bless You & Than You
Greetings from Mexico

2010/6/26 0:30Profile

Re: Can You Explain the Love of God Towards Sinners?

Rom. 5:6-8,HCSB

Actually, it would be good to understand Romans chapters 1-8, especially 3-6.

Read it and re-read it.

Any more questions, ask away.

Somebody here can help.

Agapeo

2010/6/26 11:56
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

May I suggest you also study Genesis 1-3. Read it carefully, read it again, and again and again; read it out loud to your self.

Do you have good comprehension skills? Visualize the garden..what it must have looked like, God coming down to Adam and Eve and visiting with them at the cool of the day...that fellowship...Think about that. Before doing all this ask the Holy Spirit for illumination. You will be blessed.

2010/6/26 12:16Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

No; I can't find the words to express
HIS amazing grace and His wondrous love,
but the cross, O, the cross says it all!!

2010/6/26 12:40Profile
Ajudah

Not to confuse you anymore but lets look at Jesus perspective of how God also responds to the wicked. Matt 5:44 Accordng to Jesus the Father's heart is in loving, blessing, doing good and praying (Jesus) for His enemies. He goes on to say that like Ps 7:11 "God is...everyday" Matt 5:45 "making the sun rise on the evil...and the unjust"
Luke 6:35 adds "He is KIND to the unthankful and evil"
God is just in being angry at the wicked yet He punished Jesus for the wicked. His justice demands fierce wrath for offending Him. But God will not compromise His character so He fulfilled both in satisfying His justice by pouring His wrath on Jesus so that He could not compromise His Love for all creation. God will not comrpomise either Justice or Love. Love is also loyal to Justice that is why it became the criminal to satisfy justice so that it can satisfy itself in Love. It pleased God to bruise Him!
God is now dealing with sinful man in grace because of Jesus!

2010/6/27 4:24Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

isaacac: Greetings from Estados Unitos. God bless you brother. This post might be a bit long, but I hope it answers your question.

It is interesting to me that you spoke of the love of God using scripture from the New Testament and then spoke of the judgment of God using scripture from the Old Testament. In doing so I think you answered part of your question without realizing you were doing it.

Rev. 4:11 tells us that all things including us were created for God's pleasure. He created man for fellowship. But Satan tempted Adam and Eve, they sinned, and that close and intimate fellowship was broken. Man, in his spirit, became dead to God, or incapable of true fellowship and intimacy with God in the spirit. Recall that God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. John 4:23-24. God's desire for man never changed. He desired relationship with man. But man through sin had brought on himself only the wrath of God. God is holy, just, and righteous. Because of this, His wrath and judgment was rightly earned by man. But, God had a plan to deal with sin and provide a way, through His grace, that man could once again be righteous before God. It was a plan conceived before the foundations of the world.

God did pour out judgment on sin by the worldwide flood that Noah and his family escaped by obedience to God in building the ark. After the flood man continued in the sin that was in his heart because of original sin. God instituted the law. The law was not God's perfect standard, but rather a representation or shadow of His perfect standard. It was never intended to be rules by which man could be right before God, please Him, and have relationship with Him again. It restrained sin and showed man that he could never be right with God by trying to do it on his own by keeping rules. Under the law, the judgment of God on sin was represented through the penalties demanded by the law. For example, if a man picked up firewood on the sabbath day he was to be stoned to death. Through the law, God's wrath was revealed against sin and unrighteousness. It was also revealed to us that we were incapable of keeping the law and our sin was revealed to us. The book of Roman chapters 1-8 is a powerful teaching on this. I suggest studying it.

The law made sin come alive in us, showed us we were incapable of keeping rules to please God, and pointed us to our need for a savior. Jesus fulfilled the purpose of the law by being the savior that we needed. He bore sin, Paul says He became sin, for us so that we might become the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. 2 Cor. 5:21.

Right now, under the new covenant, God is dealing with man in grace. Remember He loves His creation and desires that all of them be saved. 2 Peter 3:9. Even though we were sinners, God loved us and desired relationship with us through His son. But God gave us free will to choose to repent of our sins and turn to him or to continue in sin. If we choose to continue in sin, there will come a day of judgment again when we will answer for how we responded to Christ and to His sacrifice. At that time God will be totally righteous to allow man to suffer the consequences of man's own choice.

So God loves man and has a desire to walk with man and to know him intimately even thought that man is in his sins. Romans 5:8. And, for now, God is extending grace to every man desiring that man to come to Him in repentance and relationship. But that does not change the fact that God is righteous and holy and must, in the end, judge sin. But for the man who had repented of doing it his own way and turned to Christ as Lord and received forgiveness for his sins, there is no longer any judgment for Christ has payed the price.

2010/6/27 10:35Profile

by isaacac on 2010/6/25 20:30:59

"...I know that in John 3:16 says: that by love to the world God gave His Son and i know the Parable of the Prodigal Son ..."

Many know the parable about the prodigal son, yet most of the focus by most is on one brother or the other. Even as relational understanding of the father in the story often ignored, so many ignore what God is really like and compose pictures of what they think He is like.

Consider the father in this story and consider that Jesus showing us through the parable what Father in Heaven is really like.

We find repeated in different ways throughout the scriptures three things that He delights in doing, and delights in us following His standard and example in this: namely Jesus Christ.

For comparison, two passages are provided, yet there are more:

Jer. 9:24
and
Mt. 23:23

(In God's judgement against sin, it is actually an act of mercy and righteousness. In fact, whenever wherever however, and for whatever reason God's does something, these three things can be seen.)

Agape,
gregg
Acts 20:32

2010/6/27 16:07

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy