Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Ministry of Women - A.J. Gordon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Ministry of Women - A.J. Gordon

"...but from the very words of the prophecy of. Joel itself, which may well rebuke those vain and thoughtless people who make light of the Lord's work, because it appeareth among women." - Edward Irving

http://xythos.gordon.edu/Archives/Gordon_Herritage/Ministry%20of%20Women.pdf

Thank the Lord...

2010/6/23 10:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Ministry of Women - A.J. Gordon

Interesting article...read most of it...

There are some practical points I have learned in the years of living and facing this issue. Some have come from the teaching of other males, some from observation, but always what is the total sum of this teaching from a Biblical perspective.

As a female, my attitude toward males who resent females speaking for the LORD anywheres, is that this is not where God wants me! So, I must go elsewheres. I must submit to the authority above me and respect their wishes. This principle applies to all, males and females. If some feel intimidated by a woman sharing, then one must look into herself and see if indeed she is arrogant, putting another person down with her manner. I have also witnessed males being arrogant - females do NOT have the monopoly on arrogance. It is just that it is not in the woman's place to call down a male - let another male do it! A females' esteem of this arrogant males' leadership will be severely damaged, sure, but one must not allow human weaknesses to interfere with your serving others. Serving indicates one who is at the service, will of another. We are not masters, just servants. As long as a person allows this mentality to rule their heart, soul and spirit one can be used by the Spirit of God. The bottom line is not to asset power, but the love of Jesus, and how can one best accomplish this goal? This is the challenge for us all.

Wal-Mart has a motto for their employees: "How may I help you." Methinks this is an excellent one for Believers, regardless of gender.

What do you think?

2010/6/23 14:16Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Yes, agreed.

I did not agree with all of the article. However, my heart was opened to realize that there is still a need for women in ministry, regardless of whether it's looked down upon by others or not.

Sometimes the woman may be arrogant, however with some of the same weaknesses that a man has, a man may also be arrogant. Why is a woman looked down upon even farther when the sin is the same?

The last shall be first, and the first shall be last

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

2010/6/23 14:26Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Good point about the walmart thing too btw, ginnyrose!!

:))

2010/6/23 14:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy