SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What are you reading in the Word?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

What are you reading in the Word?

What is everyone reading in the Scriptures? How is your soul being nourished in the Scriptures lately?

With care in Christ...

2010/6/20 21:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What are you reading in the Word?

Presently, I am reading Jeremiah.

The scriptures teach one about how God thinks and how this mind ought to be ours as well.

The bottom line is that in studying the WORD I see the wisdom of God in how it intersects with life at all levels. And then I worship.

ginnyrose

2010/6/20 21:39Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
The bottom line is that in studying the WORD I see the wisdom of God in how it intersects with life at all levels. And then I worship.

Amen!

2010/6/20 21:54Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: What are you reading in the Word?

I have been constantly in the sermon on the mount / beatitudes and how the early church lived that out. We are called to this life. I am seeing how ineffective we are in bringing in the harvest because we do not live as they lived, and believe that the sermon is really relevent for life today. When we do we will turn the world up-side-down.

People are dying for community, love, acceptance. We shake their hands and send the home. We really don't touch, or allow them to be a real part of our lives, which we have compartmentalilzed. We don't want our privacy interrupted so we don't allow others into our lives, not really.

Art Katz books have been really speaking to me as well. He shared that the only way to be changed is to have close fellowship with other brothers and sisters and allow them to see us in all our unguarded moments so we can challenge each other with the truth about our real condition.

It is time to return to true biblical fellowship and realize we truly are family, in fact, even more so than our natural families are. Jesus said, who are my brothers, and mother? These that are with me.

Are we willing to love the difficult and unlovely. Are we willing to admit that we, ourselves, are difficult and unlovely?

The sermon on the mount tells us just how far below true biblical christianity we live. I have to read it over and over. I am convicted constantly.

2010/6/20 22:11Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Good, challenging word, KLC. Thank you.

2010/6/20 22:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy