PosterThread
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

ONE

As Thou; O LORD GOD, art One,
let us be One mind in truth,
let us be One heart in love,
let us be One Body in Christ,
Let us be One in the Spirit of the LORD!!

AMEN & AMEN

2010/6/20 15:22Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: ONE

How can we be one when we are just so many body parts all scattered around and never really coming together in community fellowship? We pat each other on the back, say I love ya, and go about our merry, or not so merry, way. Isn't it about time we find out what being one is really about? Can I say we are family if I just offer up a quick prayer for you every once in a while, but am not grieved and weeping because you are suffering or in need. What are we really about anyway.

Our problem arose when we stopped fellowshipping house to house and began meeting in expensive buildings so we could go home and forget about everybody. We need to go back to our roots and break bread together regularly. We need to inconvenience ourselves for each other. Do we really want our privacy invaded? When we have this type of community the world will come because they are dying for love and acceptence. They long for somebody to really care. Do we? Do I. I want to.

It would seem the more the Lord is pressing the sermon on the mount into my heart, the more I am confronted with difficult people, and God asks, are you willing to love this one and allow them into your life. What about the one you can't stand. Can you love them and take them onto your heart. I want to. I need grace. He gives it.

It is time we look different from the world. It is time we look different from what most people on the street think about christians. We don't have a good reputation with most of them. why?

Mat 12:46 ¶ While he yet talked to the people, behold, [his] mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Jhn 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1Jo 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

I ask, if my natural family member spoke to me and hugged me once a week and then forgot me the rest of the week, would I feel loved. We say we love people out the side of our mouth, but we are just doing what makes us feel like we did our part. I speak to myself. We give lip service, but it really means nothing. It is about time we all get real. Why do it at all if it means nothing. Are we one? I mean really?

I know a body of believes that call everybody together and dip into their own pockets to put a new roof on a brothers house because there is a need. They gather around and prune trees for their elderly. They eat together house to house. The babysit for each other showing amazing love and support. They are seeing lives touched.

Let me ask you, and me, this, are we spending hours on top of hours online and thinking that is fellowship? We need to touch each other with skin on. This fellowship is wonderful, but it's not enough. It's time we mean what we say. It's time we put action behind our words, amen?

Jam 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

1Jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1Cr 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but [that] the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

2Cr 8:13 For [I mean] not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
14 But by an equality, [that] now at this time your abundance [may be a supply] for their want, that their abundance also may be [a supply] for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As it is written, He that [had gathered] much had nothing over; and he that [had gathered] little had no lack.

Is this the word? Do we believe it? Live it? We better start living it. It isn't even just goods, what about those who walk in joy and peace, how about sharing our abundance with those who are broken. Goods aren't enough. We are called to share life. Love.

God has been speaking to me about this verse:

Isa 61:1 ¶ The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

These verses of scripture apply to us just as much as the did to Jesus. We are commissioned to walk as He walked and fulfill these verses in the world around us. Will we? Or are we too busy enjoying our comforts and privacy? To get involved in peoples lives like this will cost us. Jesus had to get up a great while before daylight just to find a time to pray, but after that His life was spent for others. Father first, other people next, and himself last. Do we really want to put our hand to the plow? Or are we too comfy.

Sorry this is burning in my heart. We need to burn with His life and message to a dying world. It is the final hours and we are eternal beings. The things of this world are passing away, why do we hold on to them? When Jesus splits the eastern sky what will our degrees, reputations, or stuff mean? Nothing, it will be gone in a flash. Paul counted it all dung.

2010/6/20 23:21Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: ONE

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Eph 4v5.

Jesus prayed for us to be one, as He and the Father are one, John 17v11, 21, 22.

And God will do it. In spite of us, not because of us, He will do it.

We will be one.

God bless.

2010/6/21 4:04Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

As mentioned in PM, he does need us to do it. We do have our part or He has nothing to work with. The question remains will we be doers of the word, or just listeners? Will we choose to walk in what He has called us to, or turn a deaf ear?

2010/6/21 12:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy