SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : wasting away

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RobbieMcGee

wasting away

I currently work for a Christian TV station and notified them a couple days ago that I will not be here any longer soon from now because God has told me to start my ministry full time now by going to the streets preaching and witnessing, from there he will move me where he wants me. Anyhow, I am going through issues with some because they seem to think that I should stay because it will "give me good connections" in the Christian circle and some cant understand why I would just quit a full time job with an income and go into a full time ministry without having incoming finances. I can become a more well known preacher here at the TV station. But God did not call me to become well known. He called me to make HIM well known. Not me but he. They tell me to stay and glorify God by using my talents for him at the TV station. But no matter WHAT I do I am not glorifying God unless I do so by which he told me to. Sooo, my point is I guess to some people I would be considered wasting my life...(period)... I am just glad and consider it an honor that I am wasting it for Jesus. Not I, but he. we must die to ourSELVES.

2004/10/21 10:27Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: wasting away

Quote:
But no matter WHAT I do I am not glorifying God unless I do so by which he told me to. Sooo, my point is I guess to some people I would be considered wasting my life...(period)... I am just glad and consider it an honor that I am wasting it for Jesus. Not I, but he. we must die to ourSELVES.

Brother I know exactly how you feel! many people I know think I am wasting my life doing what I am doing and the question arises in their minds when will you get your act together and go out to work etc. When you are doing what God wants you to be doing the whole world will shun and mock. Continue following the lamb that was slain! Would love to hear more in this tread as God start to provide and do things for the calling you know have. be encouraged. ;-)

2004/10/21 10:31Profile
IknowtheWay

North Augusta, SC

Re: Wasting away

This is to both of my brother's... Just a word of encouragement... There is no wasting of our lives when it is truly done to the glory of God! You are on the right track Robbie, when you humble yourself to obedience to the call of God He will lift you up. You don't need "contacts". God doesn't rely on the ordinations of men... He looks to the sincerity and the humility of our hearts!

2004/10/21 10:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Heres an story posted by kingjimmy that might tie in with this abit: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3396&forum=35#22574]Wasting your Life For Jesus[/url]

2004/10/21 10:47Profile
RobbieMcGee

Re:

Yeah I read that and actually thought I was making a reply to that topic when I was actually making a new thread. I am still getting used to how the forum works.

2004/10/21 10:49Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yeah I read that and actually thought I was making a reply to that topic when I was actually making a new thread. I am still getting used to how the forum works.

Ahh! no problems.. just make sure you click on the 'reply' button in a thread to reply to that message and stay within the thread. Its awesome to hear you sharing what you did brother looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums.

2004/10/21 10:54Profile
RobbieMcGee

Re:

Well I chose to waste my life away from modern day Christian behaviour. So many Christians today keep the gospel within the four walls of the church. They depend on the world to come in when Jesus told us to go out and I dont even see much where the gospel message is being preached anymore, at least not the biblical way. It seems that the Gospel message of today is come and Jesus will make you prosperous, come and Jesus will give you abundant life, come and Jesus will give you perfect health. While all these things are possible they are not why we are to come to Jesus. The salvation message is that weve broken the law and deserve hell because God is a holy God and cannot sit and co-exist with sin. Jesus died and already gave us the gift that we need and that is eternal life. THAT is what we should come for. Its amazing how the church has reverted back to the old temple when Jesus went through driving out those that sold and bought and overturned the tables of money-changers, just as so the church has brought this back into the house of God. Im to the point that it makes me "sick" to see "Health" products and cosmetics and financial advisors, etc.. selling their products and services in the church and its all over Christian Television, dont tell me its not, I am in charge the Master Control center in a Christian Television station. I see it all day long and the church buys and buys and buys, and sales and sales and sales. A friend of mine noted one time that its as if Church has become nothing more than another self-help program. There is very little biblical evangelism. I preached a sermon in a youth church a while back challenging the youth to get right with God NOW and follow his plan for their life. It was a very convicting message, about half of the audience came up to repent and pray for God to show them his will for their life. Then the Youth leader got up afterwards to close the sermon and said that they dont have to come right away that they can get right with God anytime they feel. Basically she thought she had to comfort them and that the message may have been to hard on them. I dont know about that, I just preached what God gave me. Anyhow my mission is to get back to biblical evangelism and to help train others in the same. I will try to keep you posted on my progress as I go out into the world.

God bless

2004/10/21 12:41Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

How true it is. Our pastor gave a message last Thursday night entitled "Wasting Away in Our Sin."

If we give ourselves fully to Christ, we're not wasting away but if we choose to live for ourselves we will definitely waste away in our sins.

2004/10/21 16:19Profile
PastorEdP

Clinch Mountain, Virginia

Re: wasting away

Praise God for ministers like you, Robbie. With your kind of commitment, and you obvious will to obey God, I would be proud so sit in your congregation and listen to what the Spirit would lead you to say. I have no doubt that I would be greatly blessed.

We must lift up Christ in all things and, in turn, we will be lifted up by Him.

2004/10/21 16:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy