SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Did Jesus go to hell? (Literally)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: prosh0t

Paradise is not the 3rd Heaven.

Never in the scriptures is it referred to as that. Rather, they are two seperate distinctly different things.

Ancient societies recognised the gk. paradise usually as a beautiful park of varying descriptions, where the "Blessed" (are the) go after death.

"Heart of the earth" is the greek way of saying the Hebrew/Aramaic word "Sheol".

An above ground seplechur is hardly the heart of the earth.

Jesus was seperated from God in his death, which lasted 3 days and three nights in Hades--->not hell-fire.

Love,
g

edited: due to error in last phrase removed from last statement.

2010/6/16 20:34
mela07

Re: Did Jesus go to hell? (Literally)

disregard what I said (I said that He did go into hell)..I have to study this topic more...

2010/6/16 20:49Profile
prosh0t

Re: Phanetheus

If Jesus suffered for three days AFTER the cross then He was lying when He said, 'it is finished'. I don't really see how it can get much plainer than that...

2010/6/16 22:01Profile

Re:

by prosh0t on 2010/6/16 18:01:27

If Jesus suffered for three days AFTER the cross then He was lying when He said, 'it is finished'.

Are you willing to say that the cross was not enough and that it was not finished there? If so, then I don't know what anybody can say to help you since you will not believe what Jesus said.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The pouring out of God's wrath on Him was Jesus suffering. He suffered in the flesh.

The paradise side of hades is not recognized to be suffering.

In saying, "it is finished", it should be understood to mean "I have now paid in full for everything (the debt of man's transgression has brought."

The greek root word that is translated "it-is-finished" is "teleo."

It was a word that was put on reciept of sale, when the transaction was complete. Today we do this by writing "Paid in Full" across something that is paid in installments or with a down payment.

He was not lying at all. He tasted death for every man.

g

edit: grammar

2010/6/16 22:12
prosh0t

Re: Phanetheus

I apologize for the words (which you quoted from the previous message from me), they were too harsh (the part where I said you don't believe what Jesus said). I erased them and put a more proper response but you had read the first message I posted already before I had a chance to edit.

God bless

2010/6/16 22:50Profile

Re: prosh0t

There was never any offense taken. Much harsher words come from satanists, occultists, cultists, and worst of all, the piously religious.

Really, it was taken in stride.

If we are ever to come to unity of faith, this is all par for the course. No offense was ever taken: no anger here and there's nothin' up my sleeve.

When -(not if)- i am wrong, speak up. Tell me when i fail. Sometimes i am short-sighted detailing everything out, and for being so wordy with text, this should not be the case.

It's preferred that you remain up front, blunt, and to the point. my response according to need seen, irregardless of feelings. (Feelings change, needs don't.)

(Conversation here is just like i type, excluding the typo's...
...and i am far from thin skinned.

We all need each other.

God Bless you, too.

Love,
gregg

2010/6/16 23:12
RainMan

Re:

I think i understand a little better now. I had erroneously believed Jesus went to Gehenna (Hell Fire) because allot of the teaching i listened too were evolved from the works of EW Kenyon and Hagin. But it seems to me now its clear enough from the bible that Jesus didn't suffer in hell after his death. I discussed some of the answers with my wife whose jaw literally dropped to the floor when i shared what i had learnt. Now i wonder how im gonna share any of this next week in bible study, my pastor seems quite sure Jesus went to hell. *i need to pray about this*

Thanks for all the answers

God Bless

2010/6/17 5:13Profile

Re:

Rom 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Now this death is not physical death but eternal death. If physical death is the punishment of our sins then everyone who dies should go to heaven because as soon as a person dies, he pays the punishment.

When Jesus took the punishment of our sins He had to go through the eternal death, which is to be forsaken by God, in other words experiencing hell.

Our punishment is eternity in hell i.e. billions and billions of years in hell that too only for one man. But Jesus experienced that for 3 hours on the cross. How come 3 hours of Jesus were enough to pardon the sins of billions of people. The reason for that is Jesus was God (an infinite being).

3 hours (finite) x Jesus (infinite) = infinite
infinite no. of years x one man (finite) = infinite

That is also the one reason that ONLY JESUS could come to die for us and save us from our sins.

Once Jesus died He went to paradise as He said to the thief.

-SJB

2010/6/17 5:40

Re:

His suffering was on the cross NOT in hell. The issue was with the flesh.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Jesus did not suffer in hell.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, BEING PUT TO DEATH IN THE FLESH, but quickened by the Spirit:

This is the power of God in that when we finally recognize that we are dead, we too are quickened by the Spirit to go forth and do good works.

1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

His suffering ONCE was the sacrifice on the cross.

2010/6/17 8:09

Re:

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

His suffering ONCE was the sacrifice on the cross.

"To put away sin". Some verses to consider.

Daniel 9:24

to finish the transgression. Matthew 23:32
to make an END OF SINS. Hebrews 9:26, John 1:29
to make reconciliation for iniquity. Hebrews 2:17
to bring in everlasting righteousness. Hebrews 5:9
to vindicate the vision and prophecy. Matthew 11:13, Luke 11:50
to anoint the most Holy. Luke 4:18, Hebrews 9:12

2010/6/17 8:54

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy