SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the Bible still relevant?!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
IknowtheWay

North Augusta, SC

Is the Bible still relevant?!

I was just wondering who could believe that certain parts, or even all of the Bible could be untrue, uninspired, or irrelevant.... I heard from a well known preacher, and evangalist that there are churches that truly don't believe all of the Bible. Well, first I wanted to say that ALL Scripture is God breathed! according to 2Timothy 3:16. To say that you don't believe in one part of the Bible is just as bad as saying that God doesn't exist. BUT OHHH!!! you might say, those things that are under the Old Covenant(or in the Old Testament, whichever term you choose to use) were done away with when Jesus died on the cross. But Look at Matthew 5:17 Jesus Himself said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth shall pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law until all be fulfilled." Jesus goes on in the next verse to say(paraphrased) That whoever breaks even the littlest commandment shall be called as the least in Heaven! That sounds pretty firm to me, that the Laws in the old covenant are still applicable today! So, someone, answer me this... Why are we trying to remove the ten most prominent commandments in the Bible from our entire walk of life? Is there no room for God in America? Throwing away His Laws is just as throwing away God Himself... So have we reached the level of perfection in our country to where we no longer need guidance in our lives? It sure doesn't look like it to me!!! I hope every one of you would agree with me there. I've gotten away from my topic, but I'm sure that most of you will forgive me. Please take the time to compare the values of our two men running for office of President to the True, God-inspired, Living WORD of God. Vote for the man who's values most closely line up to the Word of God. It IS still relevant and we need the person in the office who believes that. In order to help you determine who that person is, Please look at this website http://www.wevotevalues.com. Thank you for looking at this even though I am not through with what I had to say here. But I'm sure there are other people heere who would like to add their input on whether or not the Bible is still relevant... Thanks again and God Bless...

2004/10/21 10:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy