SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

N4J, i love you, too. No more CIAO i guess. (It's so glib and cliche' anyway. It's a habit here to say it instead of goodby for now, good fortune to you.)

I am ever thankful to God that for those who voice agreement, just like those who care enough to disagree with what comes from here. Iron sharpens iron. Thanks guy for all of it: the good, the bad, and telling me when i am getting ugly.

It is Jesus Christ's work in this life that this realization continually grows clearer all the time. There is no other way. There never has been any other way and there never will be.

We can be sure of this in our heads, yet, for me at least, this in itself is a perpetual learning experience: "the simplicity in Christ." Christian maturity comes through: childlike dependence, this growing relationship with our Heavenly Father.

So many are the times it's thought "i done did dat'"... the "i surrender all" thingy.
Yet, in the living, sometimes it turns into a matter of time and again reassumimng the mind of Christ to see His resurrection life into personal circumstance, at that point where i should have never left off in the first place.

ginnyrose?
You sed:
Do we agree, gregg?
Well, it's seen where you are coming from, yet a few things are questioned about where your 2 previous post are leading.

Please do not think that i am in any way against you, because i am all for you!
It is prayed that God will reveal into your understanding His continual presence that the wisdom and knowledge resultingly found only through Jesus Christ becomes alive in you.

You are not a loner in what you voiced. Yet, if i am any way clear at all about what was typed, this is one concept that many Christians, myself included, have stumbled over and fallen as a result.

Sis, the questions that flew in my face when first reading your posts were a blinding barrage of 'where's that', 'how comes', 'whats', and 'whys'.

First, where does the Bible say to do as you advise(d)?
You say this is to "keep it simple?"

What could be simpler than depending on God in focusing on Jesus alone as our total and complete righteousness, sactification, and glorification?

Ok, this is just a first response. (Most everything will be covered in a different way in the upcoming thread "The Above 2 Mentioned Things. (in the 3rd writing, the Lord pulled me aside again, and said, "quit, let me show you a few things first"). What Follows would have been part of that upcoming thread, had He not straightened me out.

This is the problem thought to be parcel in what you wrote:
Decisions from our own self-determination and intentions are quite shakey in even the best case scenario.

i'm not just speaking about ideas that sound good.

Jesus Christ has freed me from a life of drug addictions and abuse. He has kept me free from heroin for well over 20 years now. He has also set me free from alcohol and sedatives, not to mention psychotropics and other mind-bending drugs that were at one time neccessary just to remain stable and merely function as a 'normal' cog in the machine called society.

By doing what Heb 12:2 exhorts, i have experienced so many things that are miraculous to others: healings, things recieved just before they were needed, answers to problems that seemed unsolvable, revelation in the scriptures (for use), miracles, literal physical strength alone (in Christ)when 3 men could not muscle the task, and the list could go on and on... but most of all, confidence in our Great God and Saviour Jesus Christ with an ever expanding horizon through walking with Him.

Here's just a few of the many questions that came up sister Ginny:

Is what i determine through my own effort going to get God to serve my desired intentions?

Is search after holiness/obedience prerequisite to relationship with God...
...and along the same line, how many that crossed paths and interacted with Jesus came to Him for holiness or to strive in their flesh to obey Him better?

Is this effort to be holy to: make myself better, human relationships better, life in general better, etc... or is the purpose primarily towards a deepened relationship with God who loves us so much, he gave his Son, Jesus Christ who offered up His body and blood to satisfy ALREADY the debt we can never repay?

Are we striving for something in ourselves that He has already accomplished on our behalf?

What you mentioned as simple, sound like something heard about once, that old Methodists would stuggle through: begging and pleading, doing everything in their power to overcome the nature to sin.

Is this what you are talking about?

This thread began by tuc talking about a prodigal, and that was where response from here was geared, however, this applies to everything in relating with our Father in Heaven.

God has one way and one method to make a person right with Him. It is simply by turning to Him on His terms.

Trying to fight off sin is what makes us turn our back on relationship with God and turn to working on our sin.

Holiness and sin cannot co-exist except in God's forebearance.

Assuming Jesus victory as ours is much simpler than going through agonizations, though the effort may be therapeutically cathartic.

Our dependence on God (alone) need ever remain fixed in what Jesus Christ has completed in His willing sacrafice.

Paris Reidhead, in one of his sermons stated,
"GOD'S WORK must be done GOD'S WAY in GOD'S TIME."
It applies in this issue just as much in ministry.

John the apostle wrote, "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us." He goes on to reveal that "we should lay down our lives for one another", and the very first another we need do this towards is Jesus Christ himself.
(Mt. 10:24, 25, 32, 33, 38, 39)

Whether prodigal or not, when we begin to focus on correcting ourselves, we are no longer relying on Jesus, but our own know how and devisings.

Where is our purpose?

Is it in a deeper closer walk with God
or
is it in assuming that certain things are not pleasing God, so I must change?

As far as i know
there is one thing alone
that we can do
which pleases God
so that he overlooks our sin(s)
in forebearance
pleasing Him this one and only way.
(Heb. 11:6)

Romans speaks of Avraham doing this and God accounted him righteous through this trusting.

(How many people do you know that would tell you that they just had a meeting with God, and my name now is "father of many nations" not having one child of their own to show for it?)

Paul continues in this book to tell us that this is the way we get right with God.

If we believe He is and he rewards us when we seek (relationship with) Him His way, on His time scale. All the other things are provided as need be. as needed. It is only in establishing deeper relationship through pleasing Him that these things we notice as sin, and much more that we do not even recognize to be sin, falls away in the light of His glorious presence.

One example of this being right in God's eyes through pleasing Him
-(by faith(fulness) in relationship with Him)-
that has always caused me to reconsider myself is Job.
i can see flaw after flaw in Job, yet two if the the most prevalent things in his life that God despises were: 1.)fear (Job 3:25) and 2.)self-righteousness (Job 31, particularily note Job 31:35, 36, 37) yet, God in speaking to Satan says he is blameless. Nothing was said about his self-righteousness, and we are all pretty clear about avoiding this ourselves. Neither did God say anything about Job's fears, yet what do the sciptures reveal as the end result of fearfulness? (Rev. 21:8).

Most do not even realize that focusing on ourself (whether it's sin or achievements) rather than our Saviour puts us out of faith(fulness) towards Him. Pleading is hardly a sign of assurance in God's finished work through Jesus Christ.

Let's look at something else.

Whether prodigal, newly walking into salvation, or weathered saint, there remain things that are still sin. The prodigal may be contending with a seared conscience, where what once was thought sin is no longer even noticed. The new follower of Jesus has to grow into Christ. The seasoned saint could have a multiplicity of unresolved issues that are sin to them.

Holiness is not obedience.

Holiness is a state of being, and in Christ, we are as He already is, and seated in the heavenlies right there with Him.

Sin cannot touch what is holy, and through human reasoning, we fail to look at ourselves as God sees us in Christ Jesus.

The first chapter of James addresses the issue of residual sins and (literally in the greek) earwax, Jas. 1:21. The Word of God Himself cleanses (aka: santifies)us from filthiness and inability to hear God's revelation to us, (John 17:17; Eph. 5:25, 26; Heb. 4:12, 13).

Can anybody find pleading in this regenerative process? (Jas. 1:22-25)

One final point in relation to this.

Many misconstrue John, chapter three. Vv. 16 through the end of the chapter are not, contrary to red lettered editions, Jesus words. This is John's commentary on what Jesus said from 3.5 to 3.15.

Further Jesus' premise in Jn.3:5 is often mistaken. I've heard water being all kinds of silly notions, yet we all know that God's Spirit works through the Word of God. Look at the verses at the end of the paragraph four paragraphs above this one and see what water is in reference to. Also look to Isaiah 55, particularly Is. 55:1, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11.)

(there are alot of reasons why, in stating 'water', he is not referring to anything else, yet these are not going to be gone into unless someone doubts what has just been made known.)

Begging God to send His Spirit to change us without depending on the finished work in Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God, is just plain impossible.

You know, all there outward things, no matter what immorality, be it: drug abuse or anything else really are not the problem.

We can extract ourselves from our favored vice or sinful environment and still not alleviate the problem.

We can easily enough remove the things that entice us, yet the nature to sin still exist within us. Just because we eliminate environmental factors does not mean there is any regenerative change within our hearts. Though the sin may not manifest as it once did, it will manifest in other ways.

Unless God transforms our hearts through His Word of God heard, the finished work of Jesus Christ, and the work of His Spirit through this, there is no hope.

There is one thing far worse than any outward sin manifested. This is our nature to sin in the first place, which is in essence, not fearing God enough to believe what He says in the first place. (Jer. 17:9, 10).Not believing God does not please Him, and in doing anything towards this our propensity puts us out of His favor: fallen from His good graces.

Jesus made it possible for us to put the sin nature under. See Romans 5:5-8:2.

Do we agree, ginnyrose?

Love,
gregg

Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
Acts 20:32

edited: wrong verse

2010/6/15 21:15
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Phanetheus,

You must have a lot of time to write such a long post!

Brother, I am not sure what your point is? You seem to say one thing and then at the end change your tune. Either I am dense or I am bored...maybe the latter? You see I hate wrangling with the scriptures which is why I say keep it simple. Males love to pick apart scriptures and look for obscure meanings and wrestle with it. But that one statement was a red flag - "God will give these people His robe of righteousness without their repentance" - and I commented on it, not knowing where the Scriptures will teach such a thing.

I am not going anywhere with it other then that the entire scriptures teach repentance. I thought I was clear...

Quote:
It is prayed that God will reveal into your understanding His continual presence that the wisdom and knowledge resulting found only through Jesus Christ becomes alive in you.

Did you not understand this when I wrote this: "I did tell my students this week they are powerless to quit sinning. They need to be empowered by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. One may resolve to quit but to carry this to fruition requires the grace of God enabling, strengthening you. And sometimes we do not want to quit but know we should. When this happens one needs to plead with the LORD Jesus to help you want to pursue holiness/obedience and give you the power to follow through."

Does this statement not make sense?

I do not see where we can be righteous on our own strength, but need the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to accomplish this. When this is operational in ones life, holiness will result. But you must want it. God ain't gonna do it without your cooperation.

This is all I meant...and I love 2 Timothy 1:12.

EDIT: removed sentence.

ginnyrose

2010/6/15 23:02Profile

Re:

Quote:

I have a computer at my work place and in this job there is a lot of sit down time. Sometimes when the Spirit of God is flowing from keyboard to screen a lot can be typed in just a few minutes of time. Once a thought is fixed, it can just roll out of you within just a few minutes, as a teacher I am sure you have experienced those moments.

2010/6/16 10:35

Re:

by ginnyrose on 2010/6/15 19:02:04

Phanetheus,

-------------------------------------------------------------------
If you consider, i don't know, it wasn't timed; but it was less than 45 minutes.

Several times (more than 9) this was started and deleted.

Finally, i sought the Lord and the words bubbled up so fast there was trouble keeping up typing. It was checked for errors later, and the meaning was not lost so that was left alone. One scripture was realized to be a misquote and so that was changed.

ginnyrose:

Brother, I am not sure what your point is? You seem to say one thing and then at the end change your tune. Either I am dense or I am bored...maybe the latter? You see I hate wrangling with the scriptures which is why I say keep it simple. Males love to pick apart scriptures and look for obscure meanings and wrestle with it. But that one statement was a red flag - "God will give these people His robe of righteousness without their repentance" - and I commented on it, not knowing where the Scriptures will teach such a thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
No change of tune. Though it was not stated, it will be for the record:

If the Holy Spirit has no material to transform us, no transformation occurs. God's Spirit functions through His Word, Jesus Christ, the living person of which Genesis to revelation becomes in us, by the work of the Holy Spirit through our obedience to GOD'S PLAN GOD'S WAY in GOD'S TIME.
(Jn. 14:23, 15:7, 8)

The Holy Spirit operates according to and by God's Word, not by pleading for him to change you. By keeping the scriptures before our thoughts and actions, transmogrification occurs: The life and nature of God manifests in us and works outward through the power behind the scripture, i.e., the Holy Spirit.

Attempting to clean our environment and outward actions never regenerates us.

Holiness is a state of existence and not obedience.

There is one way we are sanctified: Jn17:17, Eph. 5:26, 27
(Herein lies the path to holiness.
There is no other way.

Pleading does very little, though chastisement towards obedience does.
Heb. 12:4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Why should anybody plead for God to do for them what he has already achieved for us, and accordingly commands that we walk in this way?
2 Pet. 1:2, 3, 4, 5

Jas. 1:16, 17, 18, 19 20, 21, 22

Red flagging tuc's first post is a result of after reading one sentence, then disregarding everything before and after that was written. Anything can be taken out of context and made into a lie.

g:
I am not going anywhere with it other then that the entire scriptures teach repentance. I thought I was clear...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that all?

Repentance is only for those who desire to walk with God as part of His family.

The scriptures are all about forgiveness in forebearance, mercy in judgement, and righteousness. In one word, LOVE. In one name, Jesus.

Repentance is one aspect of this: the point of beginning and part of progressing in relationship with BOTH God and man.

Is this wrong?

g:

Quote:
It is prayed that God will reveal into your understanding His continual presence that the wisdom and knowledge resulting found only through Jesus Christ becomes alive in you.

Did you not understand this when I wrote this: "I did tell my students this week they are powerless to quit sinning. They need to be empowered by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. One may resolve to quit but to carry this to fruition requires the grace of God enabling, strengthening you. And sometimes we do not want to quit but know we should. When this happens one needs to plead with the LORD Jesus to help you want to pursue holiness/obedience and give you the power to follow through."

Does this statement not make sense?
No it does not make sense.

The Holy Spirit's work of transformation is not possible without sacrafice.

Pleading with Jesus to help you pursue 'whatever' (your desire) is not submission. It is not humble and there is no contrition in it. It is trying to get God to do what you think is best.

This the nail being pounded. This is what all the previous post is about. When you were first addressed in it, one question was asked that still has not yet been answered:

Where does the Bible say to do this -(the paragraph you reiterate)?

You were told what works always, in me, and those who come to here for counseling.

It's God's design:

Point them to Jesus sacrafice, teaching them to assume this as their own. In this we put on the mind of Christ, who, (it is always added,) lived and breathed the scriptures as He was always about our Father's business. Follow His example.

ginnyrose:
I do not see where we can be righteous on our own strength, but need the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to accomplish this. When this is operational in ones life, holiness will result. But you must want it. God ain't gonna do it without your cooperation.

This is all I meant...and I love 2 Timothy 1:12.
Righteousness has already been accomplished in Jesus Christ, and in assuming his willing sacrafice as our own, we attain unto God's righteousness. It is not the work opf the Holy Spirit to make us 'not-guilty-before-God' (aka:righteous).

Jesus does not baptise us in His Holy Spirit to make us righteous, but to reprove, advise-advocate, and empower.

Yes, we need to want it; however, if we are indeed in Christ, He is our righteousness. It's a done deal.

Sanctification does not come through desire or prayer. Sactification comes through the obedience to GOD'S PLAN GOD'S WAY in GOD'S TIME.

God's plan is considering Jesus Sacrafice our own, and living it. It is not our faith, but rather the faith of He who gave His life for us. (Gal. 2:20)

As for 2 Timothy, it's Paul's last letter (we know of)before his head was chopped off. It's asked that you consider the words preceeding, and following as the basis for the conclusion in 2 Tim. 1:12---->context!

"I remind you to keep ablaze the gift of God that is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. So don’t be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, or of me His prisoner. Instead, share in suffering for the gospel, relying on the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. This has now been made evident through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. For this ⌊gospel⌋ I was appointed a herald, apostle, and teacher, 12 and that is why I suffer these things. But I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to guard what has been entrusted to me a until that day. Hold on to the pattern of sound teaching that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Guard, through the Holy Spirit who lives in us, that good thing entrusted to you.
~HCSB

The whole of all our message is the gospel of Jesus Christ, whether 'saved' or not. Redemption is a one time thing. Salvation-(deliverance, wholeness, preservation) is progressive.

1 Cor. 1:29-30

Love,
gregg
Acts 20:32

2010/6/16 18:07
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Gregg,

Do I have to provide for you a statement of faith?

I see you are relatively new here on SI and obviously are fairly ignorant of where I am coming from.

When I write something here on SI, I obviously do NOT say everything...like what I tell my VBS students. I taught them about Jesus, his blood and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I keep it simple so they can understand. The Scriptures is simple - men complicate it with their wrangling, hair splitting. In Jesus' ministry and the apostles, they always kept it brief, to the point and kept it simple. Methinks one can learn from them. One should not teach philosophy but the WORD and allow the Holy Spirit to do the convicting.

Matthew 7:20-29 NASB:
20So then, you will know them by their fruits.

21"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

The Two Foundations
24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
25"And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

26"Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

27"The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell--and great was its fall."

28 When Jesus had finished these words, the crowds were amazed at His teaching;

29for He was teaching them as one having authority, and not as their scribes

Gregg, this scripture explains it better then I can.

So, did I pick out a sentence and ignore the rest? Yes and no. The sentence I took issue with was so contrary to the spirit of the WORD the rest paled in significance. The rest meant nothing. To me it was like poison, hence my alarm.

Gregg, it is not in me to debate scriptures or differences in understanding the WORD. I have no desire to continue discussing this - somehow I sense we may be talking past each other...if I would know what theological camp you are operating from, it might help me to understand what you are trying to say...in any case all I can say is that one needs to walk with the LORD and listen to his voice. He speaks to us via the WORD, illuminated by the HOLY SPIRIT. He also leads us and directs us in everyday affairs but this leading will not contradict the plain teaching of the WORD.

Gregg, if you want to post more long posts about this, go ahead, but I am not interested in pursuing it from my end.
I am not angry nor upset with you - just feel a tad bit frustrated but not even much of it...just feel like I am doing a poor job of communicating...like I said, hair-splitting is not my forte.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

Romans 8

2010/6/16 22:50Profile

Re:

ginnyrose,

That last post did take a long time (2+ hours), unlike the first one you thought long.

...anyway...

There is no theological camp adhered to here. There has been no scholastic training by any denomination.

I was taught by a Messianic Rabbi, and also a student from Oakhills Bible Fellowship, having completed his 1st year. Between the two of them, i was trained to learn to stand on my own two knees in total reliance on God through the finished work of Jesus Christ (which indeed validates all scripture).

i am well read in Gentile theologies. doctrines, and apologetics, though the greater majority of these things ended up in the circular file, if not given back or returned for a refund.

Someone suggests reading something or listening to something, it's done if it's ok with His Spirit.

Through learning the fine points of Aramaic/Hebrew and basic Classical (Koine) Greek, the Bible read is not english, except when teaching, training or preaching.

In fact, i believe it is denominationalism that is one of the major factors dividing the church preventing unity of the faith, ("the faith" being the faith(fulness) in and of Jesus Christ, Gal. 1:8, 9, 12, Gal. 2:20)

What is texted results from learning to lean on Jesus.

The Bible is the book used here for life in the living. Anything else read is considered fiction, unless proven through the whole counsel of scripture and then tested through living ...and if there is no Biblical basis for it, especially when the claim is akin to "this is the way it's done", it's more than questioned.

...and it is not picking hairs to still ask you the answer about that paragraph you repeated 3 times, asking "do you not understand?" i may understand all too well, or maybe not at all, so it is asked again:
"Where does it say that in the Bible?"

Plain and simple, here is what all this has been all about Jn. 14:23 and Jn. 15:7. Everything else fails.

That's all.

It is still continually prayed that the scriptures given those girls finds a place to sink into the soil of their hearts and the Holy Spirit till it, and pruning through the Word of God bring a bountiful harvest through your sowing.

i am sorry that i frustrate you. i have seen some of the nicest people look and act like demons enraged to pour out hellbent destruction for just a few of their words questioned or just a few words spoken by yours truly.

You are very gracious.

Thank you.

Pray for me as i will continue in prayer for you.

Love,
gregg
(this took 14 minutes)

2010/6/17 0:15
RainMan

Re: Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

Title: Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

Seems like this was a self fulfilling prophesy lol.

17 He is on the path of life who heeds instruction, But he who ignores reproof goes astray. - proverbs 10:17

Hebrews 12:6-8 (New American Standard Bible)

6 FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES."

7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

God may use any means to rebuke, correct and bring us into knowledge of himself and his Christ. Personally i have learned much more when i was willing to humble myself in meekness to be taught by God by whatever means he chose (as long as i was scriptural). He chooses the foolish things to confound the wise and from the mouth of babes he has ordained strength. I have learned things from people who are for lack of a better phase less learned than me in Gods word. Last weeks bible study was a prime example when a elder asked a question i would have sworn i knew the answer to. I became humble and sort an answer and God has used this forum and my personal study to correct error i was still adhering to.

What matters is that one comes to a sound exegesis. Some of us will need a whole lot of correcting and chastising more than others but the lord will always chastise his sons. We must learn to recognize by the leading of his spirit when rebuke is coming from him and meekness let his correct us for our own good. Otherwise we may become puffed up with pride. Trust me thats something i still need to deal with myself so i accuse no man. Like i think old Phaney said i too have seen the most "loving" (in the sense of charitable) people turn nasty when their doctrine is question. The result is a bible study where i am sometimes reluctantly to speak in fear of being perceived as an over zealous young no it all. This is surely not the environment the early church thrived in.

Even Peter was corrected by Paul. What if peter decided not to listen to Pauls rebuke and write an epistle back to him defending his theology?

2010/6/17 7:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

gregg, (I find this easier to write then your nickname):-)

John 14:23
I understand and believe

John 15: 7
I understand and believe. It has also been my experience.

Quote:
It is still continually prayed that the scriptures given those girls finds a place to sink into the soil of their hearts and the Holy Spirit till it, and pruning through the Word of God bring a bountiful harvest through your sowing

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is only through the work of the Holy Spirit if any of these girls come to the LORD. A body can speak the best and finest words but without the Holy Spirit giving life to them they will fall by the wayside. Rarely will a body come to the LORD with one exposure to the WORD, it takes many. My goal is to be faithful, that is all. I will not attempt to do the work of the Holy Spirit. If He asks me to do something, that I wish to do. But I cannot convict anyone, that is God's job.

Quote:
You are very gracious.

These are kind words. Thank-you. And you have been gracious as well. However, I must tell you that the LORD convicted me after I became involved here on SI about the sin of debate. Romans 1:29. I have repented of it - it no longer defines who I am (I hope)...but I can be very passionate about truth, so I am not sure where debate [always] begins and ends...except I know that when I say something the LORD will convict me afterwards if I fall into the debate mode.

I am impressed with your ability to read the scriptures in the Greek, etc. However, I cannot allow this 'knowledge' deter me from the clear teaching of the WORD. I have had JWs come to our door who act like they are far more knowledgeable in the original languages then I am, indicating that my understanding of the scriptures is severely flawed. I decided then and there to not engage them on that level. I can check out Strongs and gain insights, but the WORD does not insist one learn a particular language to understand God. (This reminds me of a humorous story: an Amish man insisted that German was the language God spoke because he asked Adam in the garden: "Adom, vo bish doo?", German for "Adam, where are you?"). If you can read and understand the WORD in the original languages, God bless you. However, for most of the world's population we will never learn them. In fact, there are many whom God called, who repented of their sins who have never seen nor read a Bible! Now THIS is awesome!

God bless...

ginnyrose

2010/6/17 10:28Profile

Re:

ginnyrose,

'gregg' is just fine or P or ggg or whatever is easiest.

Your experience being Jn. 15:7 says we are on the same page.
We will gain by each others perspective.

It was not intended to be a debate. Just a pouring out from personal experience through God's Spirit teaching.

Don't be impressed by aptitude.

Praise God, cause it's alot like Smith Wigglesworth's experience, which followed answered prayers for the teachers He wanted me to learn from. At times lexicons and the like are referred to, but seldom.

As well, some of my bestest teachers have been the tiny tots.

People sometimes tell me God speaks Queen's English, and i ask if i could see a KJV translation in Arabic or Mandarine.Please allow this one little ideosyncracy though, in laughter? For future reference, if that Amish joke, if you wish others -(who know German, and there are more than one thinks)- to laugh, it is "wo ist du" pronounced, "vo (long 'o') ist due."

Your last comment had me thinking for a few days. See, two biographies about a certain saint from Africa were just completed. He couldn't read and had no Bible, yet God met him at his point of need, in ways acceptable by his understanding: His voice, dreams, and visions. God led the boy to a Christian school where neccessary learning occurred along-side his growth in The Faith.
( The life of this saint, Samuel Morris is astounding ...
and Lysa, you are remembered as prayers continue.)

People ask, "what type Bible do you use?", or things like "what is your method of Bible Study?"

It's not about whatever version because the method of Bible Study is this alone: on my knees.

Revelation comes only towards personal application. Yet, these things are not spelled out with others until what God has taught is lived out in an overcoming way.

(What right do i have to talk about what i don't understand, unless it be questions? Doing this could mislead.)

Some think it's instant, and some-(very few)-times it is.
Usually, these things come through being repeatedly held back a grade in the school of hard knocks.

God Bless you too,

gregg

p.s. This is the prayer that continues for those of us here on SI and elsewhere, who bring things up we ourselves and/or they are unsure about:
Col. 1:9, 10, 11, 12.
Please join in this prayer towards us all.

2010/6/18 13:32

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy