SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

It the difference between our selfs and God.
Walk in the everlasting covenant only in Jesus Christ or be cut off (through your own efforts):

Matthew 23:
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

James 2:
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Micah 6:
7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

9 The LORD’S voice crieth unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see thy name: hear ye the rod, and who hath appointed it.

Hosea 6:
4 O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.

6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

7 But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

Jeremiah 9:
22 Speak, Thus saith the LORD, Even the carcases of men shall fall as dung upon the open field, and as the handful after the harvestman, and none shall gather them.

23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:

24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

You can always tell if you know God in what He delights in doing, because He rubs off on you in a very big way. It's natural and effortless.

It's about forgiveness - (in judgement), which is as righteousness becomes us.

Edited: mixed up passages

2010/6/11 18:12

Re: Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

by tuc on 2010/6/11 11:41:50

" ....He will embrace the undependable, the irresponsible, the unfaithful, the disobedient and the immoral. God will give these people His robe of righteousness...
----------------------------------------------------------
Reading this the first time something did not seem right.
It was re-read and wondered if you realized what you wrote (cont. from your text above):
...without their repentance."

It's understood that you meant that you need not make any sort of outward show of repentance, yet others may misunderstand.

Repentance was the young brother's turning FROM the pig stye and heading TOwards home:
I Sam. 16:7

You ended with:
"When God moves in a revival of Grace and Mercy will you reject it because it does not fit in with your doctrine of repentance?"

...and it's thought many who are praying for revival do not really have a clear picture of all the things that can and do happen...
...and more.

Anybody praying for revival, and has not been present in an 'outpouring', needs to look at historical accounts of what actually happens during these times.

(Anybody out there with some good suggestions in this regard???)

One booked account i have paid mind to is by Melchoir Tari about the revival in Soe, island of Timor, Indonesia. "Like a Mighty Wind" is the title.

Though i can't tell you the titles, i have read stuff accounted by Chas. Wesley and Chas. Finney.

Also, there are testimonies of several missionaries known, as well as what has been experienced at various locations here in the U.S.A.

From all that has been known, the one thing that stick in this mind is that those who oppose it, when there is an 'outpouring', no matter how hard they try to quell His Spirit's work, they are the ones forgotten.

Isaiah 57:
15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

17 For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.

18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.

19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

Edited: typos

2010/6/11 19:35

Judah, the older brother, was the heir and the rest of the tribes of Israel who went away and laid with harlots (with other countries) was this prodigal son. This is the true meaning of the parable.

It's pretty hard to say this of a Christian, since the Christian never leaves the house. He's either in Christ or he isn't. He is either transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light or he isn't. He's either sealed with the holy Ghost unto the day of redemption or he isn't. The blood of Jesus either covers him, or it doesn't.

2010/6/11 23:28
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
God will give these people His robe of righteousness without their repentance.

I see red flags in this statement.

Always - in the OT and NT - repentance is essential in a persons' walk with the LORD. Without repentance, God cannot give anyone his robe of righteousness - to do so would be justifying their ungodliness - it would be covering up with out the washing away of sin.

ginnyrose

2010/6/12 14:36Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
God will give these people His robe of righteousness without their repentance. I see red flags in this statement.

I agree with you ginnyrose.

2010/6/12 16:33Profile

Quote:
God will fully forgive and accept those who have been none of these things. He will embrace the undependable, the irresponsible, the unfaithful, the disobedient and the immoral. God will give these people His robe of righteousness without their repentance.

Ginny and Mary Jane, you need to read what he was referring to and why it was said. There are no "red flags" if you took the time to understand what he was meaning.

Tuc was referring to the unrepented son who was to be heir of all that his father had.

Look at the Parable, that older brother was mad. He refused to go into the party, yet his father goes out to meet him and tells him that he is his heir to his property. Regardless of this son's position, he is still very much under the covering of his father.

Do you take the position that if you sin, you lose that righteous covering, even if you don't repent of that sin for a long time?

2010/6/12 17:54
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
"When God moves in a revival of Grace and Mercy will you reject it because it does not fit in with your doctrine of repentance?"

The sign of genuine grace operating in our heart is brokeness and repentance. When we enter the kingdom of God is thru repentance and faith. How can you come to the cross, if u are not willing to change you mind about sin and turn to God and believe his Son.

Its true there are many self-righteous christians who seem to obey the word of God but inside them there is rebellion but there nature is currupted and not changed by the grace of God.

There is no genuine revival without faith and repentance.

***edited***

2010/6/12 18:14Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I guess I am slow because I am not getting it...I am sure it's just me, no worries.

God Bless
mj

2010/6/12 18:23Profile

Re:

The greek word for repentance has nothing in it that says we are sorrowful.

The word repentance means "to change your mind" and nothing else.

Of sorrow and mourning and tears and on your knees and so on, there is nothing of these things in this word repentance.

The scripture, in another place makes it clear that there is sorrow that leads to repentance and there is sorrow that does not.

Maryjane and ginnyrose?
If the second post-(from phanetheus)-on page two of this thread is read, you will see further clarification.

ciao!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/6/12 19:10
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
The greek word for repentance has nothing in it that says we are sorrowful

I was told by a catholic guy once that repentance in the Latin Vulgate meant great sorrow.

2010/6/12 19:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy