SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

God is going to be showering people with more grace and mercy in a greater way in these last days.

This will upset many people.

Who will be upset?
Those that have worked hard for God.
Those that have been dependable.
Those that have been responsible.
Those that have been faithful.
Those that have been dedicated.
Those who have been obedient to the law.
Those who have been moral.

Why will these people be mad and upset?

God will fully forgive and accept those who have been none of these things. He will embrace the undependable, the irresponsible, the unfaithful, the disobedient and the immoral. God will give these people His robe of righteousness without their repentance.

Look at the elder brother in the story that we call the periodical son.

Luke 15:22-32, "But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry. Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound. And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found."

If you are like the elder brother you will be mad because you have never been as bad as these others who have so wrong. You have been faithful and obedient and you want these people to somehow pay or be punished for their transgressions. You will be upset when God pours out his mercy and grace on these people in ways that you have never experienced.

When God moves in a revival of Grace and Mercy will you reject it because it does not fit in with your doctrine of repentance?

2010/6/11 15:41
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Some of you are going get very angry and mad.

Amen this is a strong word of warning to us who feel we have more truth, more ministry experience and think we are better in the walk of holiness.

Oh may we grow in the grace and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2010/6/11 15:46Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Likewise the story of the man who hired servants to work in his fields and paid all alike. Those who had worked all day received no more or no less than those hired at the last hour. How wonderful the grace of God.

2010/6/11 16:15Profile
shadyg

ah...but the prodical son did repent.

2010/6/11 16:32Profile

Re: ah...but the prodical son did repent.

This sounds like he was manly interested in food and shelter.

The father did not let him even finish his memorized speech.

Luke 15:14-22, "And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:"

2010/6/11 16:51
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Repentance is turning to God with the right point of view that we are wrong, he confesses his great sin to his father and his sin to Heaven (God). I can garentee this man never went out and slept with prostitutes or went to wild parties after this day and this is the product of repentance and changed Life. Repentance in the greek is Metanoya which means Meta-Change Noya-Mind so repentance is a Change of Mind. He went from I am going to do what I want to do to I should have never sinned against Heaven or my father I bet he never willfully sinned against his father or Heaven ever again at least not without deep sorrow for his sin. The thought that the Grace of God and the Mercy of God will be poured out on the unrepentive is quite unbiblical, However I will say that the Unrepentive are right now being held together and are still alive because of God's great Mercy and Grace. Yet another meaning of Repentance is to turn to, the man turned back to his father for mercy which we see the father gladly bestows on him a new robe and the such why? because his son that went astray came back turning to him.

This all leads up to this though God will have mercy on whom He has mercy and wrath on who He has wrath but we see from the bible that it's generally His character to show mercy to the Repentive and His wrath on the unrepentive. The scripture that says there will be great rejoicing for the one sinner that repents comes to my mind.

2010/6/11 17:20Profile

Re: repentance

The real point here is the attitude of the elder brother who even refused to acknowledge his own brother.

Luke 15:27-30, "And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound. And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf."

2010/6/11 17:37

Re:

by shadyg on 2010/6/11 12:32:01

ah...but the prodical son did repent.

------------------------------------------

.... and his brother didn't.

Beware and take heed.

Unforgiveness will kut us off from this grace so freely given.

i myself have been a sore-spot to many who have all the accolaides. i know several others who have been the fly in the ointment, too.

Second hand, though i did not want to even know, it has been told again and again, that "so-and -so thinks you or another brother is a liar" and "what makes him so special for God when he is not even in a 'ministry" "he doesn't live like i do", etc.

The sad part? i have been told to go to just a few (of many) of these unforgiving ones after they have walked away from grace through unforgiveness, and fallen from it. Their bitterness cuts them off. Much of what they have to deal with and God's ministry through them is harmed by their influence in this state.

Though in each instance of heeding that call, i have been priviledged to see restoration through repentance and conversion, just think if it never happened in the first place. It doesn't have to be that way.

Some people do not understand all that God has freely provided is as simple as asking and walking towards that request, believing God is well able, and will do as he says.

All in all, whether prodigal,obedient son, and/or our Father, it's about forgiveness.

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/6/11 17:40
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I was going to add this that anyone that steps into the grace of God I don't hold as lower in the faith because in all truth I am the Chief of all Sinners so I don't have much room to talk. God thankfully corrected me on this and I turned my heart back to Him and He crushed my religious spirit and my self-righteousness along with it. Whom I am to say God can't? This is where the story of the man hiring workers comes into play He hired people every part of the day paying the same wage to each that came and worked for Him, Notice that each individual came into the Service of the man (Christ) and each got paid the same wage. Ultimately I have come to the place in my walk where I don't feel I deserve anything let alone rewards in heaven or even Heaven for that matter, I most certianly deserve Hell. If God at the end of my life says You don't get to go into Heaven I can't argue with Him He is right I have no rebuttal. If I do make it to heaven Christ is My Reward and that is enough for me, Jesus is my Treasure in Heaven.

2010/6/11 17:54Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Carter Conlon of Times Square Church delivered an outstanding message on the topic a few years ago. It is titled Beware the Angry Watchmen and can be downloaded from SI at the following link...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16014&commentView=itemComments

In Christ,

Ron

2010/6/11 18:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy