· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : If you are going through Hell, DON'T STOP!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

If you are going through Hell, DON'T STOP!

I was reminded several times lately of this quote. It is attributed originally, as far as I can tell, to Winston Churchill, but it serves as some very great encouragement to me.

We have a real enemy who fights against us with real persecution and real temptation. I can guarantee that if you are headed in the right direction spiritually, if you are making real progress and are doing real damage to the kingdom of darkness, that Satan will fight against you. There are times when these battles are stronger than at other times. Lately the battles in my own life have been more intense than I can ever remember them. It has seemed as though the forces of Hell itself have been marshaled against me. I am sure we have all been there.

DON'T STOP! Don't give in, become passive, sit still, mope, complain, or contemplate turning back. When Jesus preached a message about eating His flesh and drinking His blood, a good majority of those following Him misunderstood Him and were offended. Jesus never backpedaled. He never said, "No, wait, I think you misunderstood me. Let me try to explain it better for you." He let them go and turning to His inner core said, "What about you? Are you going to leave too?" Basically He said, "There's the door. What are you going to do?" Their response was, "To whom else would we go? Only You have the words of life."

I have been there recently, and have had to say, "Lord, this is hard, but where else would I go. I am in it for the long haul. I have given you my life for all of eternity. I have made up my mind long ago, and there will be no shadow of turning in my. It may seem like I am going through Hell at the moment, but I am not stopping. I pray in the Spirit and am edified according to 1 Cor. 14:4. I get into the word of God and allow it to build me up Psalm 119:114, etc.. I pray with my understanding and pour out my heart to the Lord. I rehearse His goodness and turn my heart to thanksgiving. I recount His faithfulness in every situation and rejoice in it. I sing songs to Him in praise and in worship and allow the Holy Spirit to minister to my spirit through that praise and worship. I keep going. I fight the fight. And as I endure to the end, PRAISE GOD!, I walk in victory.

If you are going through Hell, don't stop!!!

2010/6/10 20:33Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: If you are going through Hell, DON'T STOP!

Thank you for sharing this brother.

2010/6/11 8:22Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

It sounds like we are in the same place right now. Hallelujah. That just means we are on the right track. As we press the enemy's kingdom he doesn't like it, but God does. We are going through to the other side dragging the spoils with us. Glory to God. Thanks for sharing this.

2010/6/11 8:36Profile

This is great!

I am also in hell and thoughts of quitting were coming into my mind. This has been by far the worst time of my life and God has taken everything away.

All churches I've been to were on the wrong track and loving it. It was about people, not God. I couldn't believe how we just didn't care. I'm far from perfect but I at least wanted to talk about the issues so we can somehow solve them BUT most people don't even want to talk about the issues and they ignore them. There is no hope but I felt compelled to talk about these issues because how can I say I'm a follower of Christ if I see all this hypocrisy and not say a word to help people. I would not be a christian.

I wanted to quit but where would I go? There is nowhere to go.

In the end, we always go back. In the end, there is only God. Without Him, everything is meaningless.

2010/6/13 23:02
mguldner

Kansas

Thanks for posting this it definitely was an encouragement. There are times in our walk that we forget that this is a real genuine spiritual battle and that Satan is a deceiver that we must ignore. Also that the Kingdom of Heaven is taken by force through prayer and digging deeper in the Word.

2010/6/14 3:39Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy