SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : ever feel like everything is at a stand still?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

ever feel like everything is at a stand still?

ever feel like everything is at a stand still? and you have no idea which way to go?

2010/6/10 8:47Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: ever feel like everything is at a stand still?

In answer to your question, yes, I have felt that way many times. When I do feel so the following two Psalms are my refuge. They are the Word of God.

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

2010/6/10 9:02Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Yes StarofGOD we have all felt that way. I will share with you a George Mueller quote that I have written in the front of my bible. It has meant a lot to me:

"If no immediate choice has to be made one should wait. The Lord orders our stops as well as our steps. When the time comes that a decision must be made, one can proceed in the direction that seems best. As you conscientiously seek His guidance, He will not let you make a wrong choice." George Mueller

The Lord has shown me in my own life that times when I am not sure which way to go are times that I can just seek His face and be in His presence. Redeeming the time and making it times of refreshing.

No matter what is going on in our lives we can encourage ourselves in the Lord.

1Sa 30:6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

2010/6/10 9:02Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

thanks. Y'all are going to make me want to cry. :)

I had recently moved about a year ago, thinking I knew what was going to happen. And now it turns out I don't think what I thought was going to happen is going to happen. However, there's a sense of liberation and of wondering. Thinking there are many things I could "do." I am a "doer" by nature. But what should I "do." Wait upon the Lord, and He will establish my goings?

There is a strange peace in this place though. Like I've never felt.

thanks again, Take care

2010/6/10 9:20Profile
Nellie

StarofGod,
You said you felt Peace in the place you are.
Bask in the Son Light of His Love.
God Bless
Nellie

2010/6/10 9:47Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

It would seem that many times the Lord will allow us to go to the places that we think are what we want or are called to only to find out that it was of our own making, and not in his ultimate plan for our lives.

This is just as important to our growth because it shows us what are our own desires, and what are His. He used these times to bring us to the place where we only desire His will for our lives, and this is sometimes the way He reveals what was originated in our own heart, and what came from His.

Nothing is wasted in Him.

Psa 37:23 The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

God will allow the idols in our hearts to be revealed in this way. I am not saying this is so in your case, but it has been so in mine.

2010/6/10 9:52Profile

Most of the time, I think. Sometimes I feel great peace and His Presence, and sometimes, when I'm being used I feel so strong and confident. The rest of the time....most of the time,...Not.

It is a part of discipline. The Lord continually disciplines every son he receives.

Hebrews 12:7-9 (King James Version)

7. "If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8. But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?"

"We are perplexed, but not in despair..."

2 Corinthians 4:7-14

7. "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9. Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

10. Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

11. For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

12. So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

13. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

14. Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you."

Once, several years ago, the Lord spoke to my spirit; "Son, I'm teaching you how to love."

It's a most painful and ongoing lesson I cannot afford to fail.

Hebrews 5:7-9 (New International Version)

7. During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

8. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered,

9. and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

It is sometimes hard to see God that way. We are being changed and it's something painful that we must endure.

2010/6/10 11:22

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy