SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thoughts on the Conference?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Thoughts on the Conference?

So I just wanted to start a thread to speak on the conference and how it has already impacted me. I was listening to Don McClure and he was talking about The Billy Graham era and that God really did step down at that time, that many came to Christ and were truly saved. Then he said in the 80's the fire was gone and that they still continued with meeting but numbers greatly decreased.

I thought at that moment then that is what revival is When God does something that awakens people up to His presence, and that NO MAN can replicate this no matter how hard we try. Like when Israel went to fight the Philistines with the Ark of the Covenant to defeat, but the Philistines ended up winning and many Israelites died.

Then Charles Price spoke about the very same thing that God had spoke to my heart when Don McClure was speaking. God is so awesome, we must stop trying to replicate the conditions of the presence of God and fall on our faces and beg God to show up no matter what it looks like. Salvation is not a formula, method, music style, But Jesus Christ stepping down and truly entering into the presense of Hell deserving sinners like you and I causing us to fall on our faces in repentance and through Christ living in us living Pure and Holy life which really is simply us being dead and Christ moving through Us.

Anyone else excited to see what God does next? Anyone else ready to pray for the Heaven to be render and Christ step down?

2010/6/9 2:49Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re: Thoughts on the Conference?

I'm having a wonderful time streaming the conference. Don McClure was phenomenal and I'm watching Price right now. I'm blessed and excited because this is happening NOW. When you're on the internet things can feel far away, but streaming live makes you aware that God is really doing these things here and now.

2010/6/9 11:05Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

I was tremendously blessed by Gareth Evans speaking about the history of the Conference and Sermonindex. I'm wondering if that testimony would be made available as audio my internet was breaking up when I heard it.

2010/6/9 12:46Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Thoughts on the Conference?

I finished listening to the same message this morning. There is no fire without sacrifice. This is so true. This was a great and inspiring sermon.

If you have not heard it yet, there is a great sermon by Pastor Don here on SI totally worth listening to as well.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13464&commentView=itemComments

2010/6/9 13:04Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

Wow Richard Sipley's message right now on Holiness is phenomenal! So encouraging and convicting at the same time. What a precious saint. Any other thoughts, blessings?

2010/6/10 15:25Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

"Your job and my job is to point people to the mighty councilor Jesus." -Mark Greening.

I love listening to this brother. He points me to Jesus.

2010/6/10 23:30Profile

Re:

blessed tears from a sister......

2010/6/11 0:35

Re:

i feel sad the conference is over.

2010/6/11 1:51

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy