SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Clean

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
nowayout

Clean

Hello Folks,
It's been quite sometime since I've been on here. I've fallen back into some old habits and am struggling to get back o track. Please pray trying to kick the habit of smokeless tobacco.

2010/6/8 20:58Profile
nowayout

Re: Clean

If there are any messages that you think might help me with this and the problem that "every man has" if you get my drift, I would appreciate it. Please remember me in prayer. Thanks

2010/6/8 21:00Profile
pdizzle

Lexington, KY

Re:

Todd Freil's "Slaying the Dragon" is a great message on "that" topic.

2010/6/8 21:01Profile

Re:

Hey brother, this post may be helpful......
http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/sexual-problemshow-to-stay-pure/ .........brother Frank

2010/6/8 21:53
rbanks

Re:

May I ask you a question?

Why are you trying to kick the habit of smokeless tobacco?

Blessings to you!

2010/6/8 22:41Profile
nowayout

Re:

I'm quitting because its nothing more than self gratification really. It's wounding my testimony and I've allowed it to master me. I'm not on here as if to say its a horrible sin, but rather it has become one to me and now its gotta go.

2010/6/10 18:48Profile
rbanks

Re:

Sounds like you are under conviction and this is important because the Holy Spirit will not convict you without also giving you the power to quit.

I’m quitting with God's grace and power sounds much better than saying I’m trying to quit. You can talk about trying to do something for a long time and not really be serious but when you face something as a sin against God with a conviction to rid this thing out of your life then you will have the favor of God and if God be for us then who can be against us.

Paul said I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. When we side with God concerning his will on a thing then He sides with us to accomplish the thing by His mighty power. When we know something is His will and that it pleases Him for us to do it then we will be empowered to do it.

Take anything that we are convince as sin and we want nothing more to do with it then we can reckon ourselves dead to it but alive unto God. Sin will not have power over us because we are not under the law but we are under the grace of God. The blood of Jesus Christ will cleanse us from all sin as we walk in the light.

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Brother deny what your flesh wants to do and be dead to the smokeless tobacco but alive unto God and be filled with His Spirit never to look back but continue to walk in His Spirit.

Believe in the power of the blood of Jesus to cleanse you from this sin. Don’t let your mind think on it no more but fill your mind with the word of God, psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs making melody in your heart to the Lord. Do this first thing in the morning and continue throughout the day for the next few days and you will find yourself free praising God and then continue on because whom the Son sets free is free indeed.

Blessings to you!

2010/6/10 21:17Profile
MasaK

Re:

I would highly recomend checking out the website of Pure Life Ministries. They have lots of biblical resources that have helped me alot. They also offer counseling.
May the Lord bless you and help you with your battles.

2010/6/11 1:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy