SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : There were two trees in the garden?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re: There were two trees in the garden?

I think my problem with this is that I am just enjoying the Word of God so much and just soaking that in, I don't want to risk drinking poison. My dad sometimes reads something that clicks in his spirit or gets him excited and then he naturally proclaims it to be full gospel. The only two books that I have read that have really spoke to me other than the bible is The Pilgrim's Progress and The Holy War both by John Bunyan. I haven't decided if I am going to read it or not but I will definitely be in prayer about it. Thank you all for your input I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know what you think.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/6/10 8:19Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:
Joyner quote: He is speaking to a man that he greatly admired. He enjoyed his writings and gleaned much from it, but he said that he missed God on many occasions and pride rose up in him and in the end lost his reward but was saved just the same.

What kinda nonsense is this he lost his reward but was saved.

What does he mean that there are two types of salvation with the rewards and salvation without rewards. So the man he meet in his vision was in heaven but being punished. Come on do you realy believe this man......

What should get your attention is this

Quote:
Joyner said: In his vision he is walking through a hall where he stands before a selection of ministers that have died in the Lord to speak to him about the ministry, their failures and shortcomings.

So he openly declares that he talks to dead poeple.

The Old Testament term for communicating with the dead is "necromancy." Deuteronomy 18:10-12 For whoever does these things is detestable to the LORD.

Do you realy believe that something that God thinks is detestable he would allow Rick Joyner to do.

Well...

2 Thesalonians 2:9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders

2 Thesalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie......

2010/6/10 9:36Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

This is what Joyner is probably refering to 1 Corinthians 3:10-15

"10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames."

2010/6/10 10:40Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i can hear your opinion based on ignorance (without reading the book)and i hear people yelling crucify Him...all of your fury is misplaced...the book 2 trees is a great book and not an alagory like the vision.it compares the tree of the knowlege of good and evil(RELIGION) with the tree of life (relationship with Jesus) thru the scriptures.jimp p.s. he is at the Bema seat judgement

2010/6/10 10:43Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:
by snufalapagus on 2010/6/10 10:08:26
I've read two of Rick Joyner's book entitled, "The Vision" which encompassed two of the books, "The Final Quest" and "The Call".

I enjoyed the readings. I gleaned what I saw as truth.

Hi,

I have read the whole "Vision" trilogy (the third book is called "The Torch and the Sword" and was very impressed by them, but...

I read these books at a time before I learned the importance of true biblical discernment, and had a firm understanding of the kindness and severity of God. I cannot tell you, from my own experience, exactly what it is about Joyner's books that I take issue with, but I know that I feel at danger when I consider some of the things that I was exposed to through them.

I will, however recount something that I heard Art Katz say when he was in Australia. He talked about Joyner, in his characteristic way of using him as an example, without actually saying who he was talking about, but if you knew the story, you could figure out who it was (there were other times during the conference that he named Joyner by name, but this wasn't one of them).

He spoke of a certain "man of the hour" who wrote of meeting the Apostle Paul, in a vision, and that Paul expressed to him the things that he had gotten wrong, in his own life, but then assured the author that he would get those things right, in his place. Katz sighted this as an example of how those of the modern "apostle and prophet" movement subtly set themselves above reproach, by endorsing each other in a "incestuous arrangement", whereby the prophet declares the apostolic calling over the apostle, who then endorses the prophetic call by apostolic decree.

There is much presumption in the Vision trilogy, even insinuating that the is a "second prize" heaven for those who fall short, and redefining the function of the "sword of the spirit", as a something other than a weapon. While I agree that there is much insight to be gleaned from Joyner's books, one must ask themselves "At what cost"? I can receive spiritual input by reading any book, even the works of Karl Marx, Anton LaVey, George Orwell, and Steven Hawking, for example. But the question is, would I recommend a book like the "The Communist Manifesto" for someones edification? Of course not. Can I trust that the person that I recommend such a book to will apply the necessary scrutiny to not be tarnished by such a work? If I can't, then the responsibility for the harm that would be produced by reading such a work would rest squarely on my shoulders.

As mentioned earlier, there are many that have dealt responsibly with the theme of the two trees in the garden. Art Katz had two sermons that dealt with the same theme that Joyner presents in his book, which are very good.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3340]There were two trees in the Garden - Part 1[/url]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3341]There were two trees in the Garden - Part 2[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2761]Be Ye Perfect[/url]

Why would someone want to choose to drink from a stagnant pool, when there is a fresh stream nearby? I hope this helps.

2010/6/10 11:20Profile

Re: The fruit of the harvest is the fruit of the two trees.

RICK JOYNER - MORNINGSTAR MADNESS

Video made by vinnieActs2030: [ search you-tube and launch]...beware...very disturbing stuff.

You decide which tree Rick Joyner may have been eating from.

2010/6/10 12:25

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy