SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : There were two trees in the garden?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

There were two trees in the garden?

Has anyone ever read "There were two trees in the garden" by Rick Joyner? If so could you give me some feed back my dad just read it and said it was amazing and a must read.

2010/6/8 1:35Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: There were two trees in the garden?

I have heard of the book, but never read it.

I have read another book by Joyner that someone gave me.

It ended up in the trash.

2010/6/8 3:20Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Could you give me the reason why it went into the trash?

2010/6/8 3:55Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I can't exactly remember the title of the book, either 'The Sword and the Torch, or vice versa.

He was talking about visions that he had, and used very little scripture to verify what he was saying.

I mean, how can you verify a vision anyhow?

He spoke like God had shown him things that no one else, not even the apostle Paul knew about.

I just saw it as fiction. And I've read better fiction than that.

Besides, I had a bias against Joyner before I was given the book. Which the sister that gave me the book obviously did not know, or she would never had given me the book.

Don't think this helps, but, that's why I threw the book away.

2010/6/9 11:14Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Art Katz has a sermon titled, "There were two trees," I encourage you to listen that one.

First, Zac Poonen says that anyone who sells anything we need to be wary of them and Mr. Joyner sells quite a bit from his ministry. Secondly, I've lost a LOT of respect for Mr. Joyner since He said Todd Bentley was a-ok and ready to preach again; ALL WITHOUT ever really saying why he was put under a restoration process in the first place??? Was it the adultery or the angels or all the shenanigans?

I had a friend that had a great ministry but she got into the middle of a church split and I had to ask her, “The Lord wants to know why you’ve taken sides.” She couldn’t answer and the church split ensued. I never sat under her ministry again.

I'm just very wary if I even think a ministry is tainted and (for me) Mr. Joyner's already got two taints against him.

You have to do what the Lord tells you to do, Matt!

God bless you,

***edited for clarity

2010/6/9 12:39Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

Rick Joyner endorsed Todd Bentley, need I say more?

2010/6/9 16:52Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/joyner.html

Copy and paste in the address bar it will take you a website that has done an analysis of Joyners teachings....

2010/6/9 17:56Profile

I've read two of Rick Joyner's book entitled, "The Vision" which encompassed two of the books, "The Final Quest" and "The Call".

I enjoyed the readings. I gleaned what I saw as truth.

Enid, the first poster of this thread said that there was little scripture used to support it, I beg to differ. Chapter and verse may not be mentioned but in reading it you do see it.

As the book your looking into, "There were two trees in the garden", I have not read it.

The website you posted about deceptions in the Church, you have to take that website with a grain of salt. Not everyone that they say is a heretic is a heretic. But it's good to have that information all collected at one place for one to come to their own conclusions.

Here is an excerpt from Rick Joyner's book "The Final Quest". In his vision he is walking through a hall where he stands before a selection of ministers that have died in the Lord to speak to him about the ministry, their failures and shortcomings.

He is speaking to a man that he greatly admired. He enjoyed his writings and gleaned much from it, but he said that he missed God on many occasions and pride rose up in him and in the end lost his reward but was saved just the same. He continues......

"Had I sought the Lord Himself instead of the knowledge about Him, I could have successfully led many thousands which would have resulted in many more millions of being here now. Anyone who understand the true nature of authority would never seek it. They would only accept it when they knew they were yoked with the Lord, the only One who can carry authority without stumbling. Never seek influence for yourself, but only seek the Lord and be willing to take His yoke. My influence did not feed your heart, but rather your pride in knowledge"

Joyner says, "How can I know that I am not doing the same?" I asked as I began to think of my own writings.

"Study to show yourself approved unto God, not men," he replied as he walked back into the ranks. Before disappearing he turned, and with the slightest smile offered one last bit of advice: "And do not follow me".

Every time I read that I always think that he was speaking to Matthew Henry.

2010/6/9 22:08
jimp

hi, your dad was correct.jimp the perfect among us need to read it for sure.

2010/6/10 1:04Profile
Theophila

Like others, I've read some of Mr Joyner's other books but not the one you ask about.
Here's what I think:
He's got some grains of truth. However, there was such disquiet within me after reading his books that I thought it best to 'let sleeping dogs lie'.

May the Lord continue to lead you and all of His own. Amen

2010/6/10 8:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy