Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : answer to Anonymous

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tincture

answer to Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,
In answer to your comment on my post;

Hi Tincture, just thought I'd let you know that the members on this site may not receive your latest thread because when you incorporate a movie as a revelation from God, the questions that will be put to you is why are you watching television?, why are you getting your revelations from a movie and why aren't you reading the bible? These are questions that you may get. These are not my questions because I believe God can use any medium to speak to us, but a lot of people who are legalistic in their ways do not share those views. So brace yourself.

I would like to mention that you were the only one who gave me a comment at all. In all honesty I was in a state of deep sleep, backslidden from the point that I was not seeking God everyday with my whole heart and soul when I got that revelation and it took that to wake me up.
Have you ever heard David Wilkerson's message on "IRON CHARIOTS"? It can be found on page 12 of his audio sermons from this site. He brings out so incredibly how we Christians, like in the time of the judges, are prone to backsliding and God has to continually raise up voices and strong words to deliver us. Many of us are living on the mountaintop with God but we do not live in the valley with him. God wants us to conquer all of the land for Him. Those children of Israel are us!! All of our problems can be found with them and in God's dealings with them in the Old Testament and Psalms. My eyes have only recently been opened to this fact and as much as I hate to admit it, I am no different than they were. Now that I know this, I pray that God will join me to the company of Deborah to pick up "sword" and take the valley too, with it's iron chariots, for God!
I am sorry if I exposed you in anyway to this site but since you were anonymous I don't think you can be hurt. I only included your message because I had no other way to respond to you.
I have come a long way in my battle with t.v. and movies since then. They are definitely the devils heroine. One program or one movie is enough to put me to sleep again so I am avoiding them like the plague. It is hard when you live with someone who is caught up in them and addicted to this drug of satan's choice.

2010/6/5 10:58Profile

Re: answer to Anonymous

I question New Testament backsliding in relation to Old Testament backsliding. It's not the same.

Back in that time everything that was to be done for the Lord was by means of the flesh. Before the law came, faith was the manner in which a man was justified, when the law came faith was put on hold until Christ.

I have said this before and will say it again repeatedly, sin is not the issue any more. God is quite content with the sacrifice of His Son Jesus and the shedding of blood that was shed "once for all" time. The "sin" today is the KNOWINGLY rejection of God, especially His Son Jesus Christ. This is the one sin that is not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. This is the unpardonable sin. Many people ignorantly reject Jesus everyday. But we are not talking about this group. We are talking about a people that KNOW full well who Jesus is and purposely reject Him and not only that but block the way to Him. It's these people that God refers as the "Wicked".

New Testament backsliding is one who KNOWINGLY chooses to obey a set of rules for their righteousness instead of putting their complete trust in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, even though they admit that grace saves them, yet through their works they deny Him. Hence, "Having a form of godliness but denying the power".

When we sin, it's under the blood. It will always be under the blood, even though that poor believer is caught up in a circle of sin repent sin repent. At least he knows who to run to when he does sin, the Lord Jesus. He is still under the blood. And God has no trouble forgiving that person.

It's Satan's business to hold our understanding in complete ignorance of what the blood has done for this world and especially those that have been enlightened. Very few believers understand the truth about what the blood of Jesus has accomplished and did for all of humanity and especially for the household of faith. It was a once in a lifetime event, which is everlasting in design and will continually cleanse us from all unrighteousness to any of us who will continually run to the Lord for help.

Paul said, "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound"

He said that because that is how grace continually abounds because of sin, but we know he stopped the mouths of lions by saying, "God forbid".

We have got to remember that not every believer has the knowledge that they are dead. Yes, Paul certainly mentions it, but to apply that knowledge is scarcely available. Therefore it must come by revelation.

No one instantly walks in the shoes of Leonard Ravenhill overnight.

When Jesus said the labourers are few, He knew what he was talking about. The labourers are few indeed.

Did you know that in our Churches today, hardly anyone has enough of the love of God in them to call or visit believers that have stopped going to Church? We are so busy with our own lives that we stopped loving God's people.

Oh yes, we know how to defend what we believe, but we don't know how to stand with a believer that has a problem with sin in their life, so they are left alone. This is a HUGE problem in our midst today.

2010/6/5 14:18
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
New Testament backsliding is one who KNOWINGLY chooses to obey a set of rules for their righteousness instead of putting their complete trust in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, even though they admit that grace saves them, yet through their works they deny Him. Hence, "Having a form of godliness but denying the power".

Scripture, please?

Faith is obedience, based on the Word of God, the leading of the Holy Spirit. Anything less is an act of iniquity, or as the NASB calls it lawlessness. Matthew 7:23 NASB. Luke 13:25-27. Obedience ocurs out of a love and reverence for God. Always.

2010/6/5 14:53Profile

Re:

Quote:

A lot of denominations, Pentecostal, Baptists, even JW's speak of grace and Jesus Christ, but are dead to faith.

Gal 3:3

Hebrews 6:1-8

Romans 1:18,19,32

When we choose our set of laws as our righteousness, all manner of sin will manifest in our flesh. Romans 5,6,7 reveal bring that out beautifully. But if we know that our righteousness comes from God and our works is but filthy rags, that is the first and foremost important remark one can make regarding our faith. The Spirit will keep us morally right.

It's as you said, Obedience occurs out of a love and reverence for God.. Always.

2010/6/5 15:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy