SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : More Please!?!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

More Please!?!

After listening to just thirty minutes of the Leonard Ravenhill interview I am deeply convinced that there is something deeper to this Christian life and its something completely foreign to me. This doesn't deminish my joy I have already obtained but gives me great hope that there is somewhere further to go than where I am currently at. I am seeking what I feel I am missing but am not entirely sure what it is. Has anyone ever had this feeling of there is something much bigger going on that I don't know about? If so did God ever reveal it to you?

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/6/4 20:31Profile

Re: More Please!?!

by mguldner on 2010/6/4 16:31:38

"...Has anyone ever had this feeling of there is something much bigger going on that I don't know about? If so did God ever reveal it to you?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEP! & NOPE!

All i ever see are very small, teensey-weensey, tiny-winy piece-meal sleight glimpses of something so huge and mega-awesome, this is way beyond my scope of vision.
( His name is Jesus.)

CIAO!
g

2010/6/4 22:36

Re:

Amen Planetheus.........brother Frank

2010/6/4 22:37

John 10:10 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I find two wonderful aspects in this verse.

First the general life that all believers receive. The second is having this life "More Abundantly", that is most foreign to me. I don't a single soul living today that lives this life more abundantly. That doesn't mean there is none, I am just saying, I never seen one that is.

This is the complaint that I hear amongst my brethren locally, "Where is this abundant life that Jesus spoke of?".

They are not talking about the riches of the televangelist or how to succeed with Joel Olsteen, none of that trash. But the overcoming abundant life of living above sin.

Interesting topic, a topic that I have often wondered about.

2010/6/4 22:48
mguldner

Kansas

Yet another reason I love Jesus and His Word, He is deep very very deep. Deep calls out to deep so if I want to go deeper there is always that infinite possiblility that I most certianly can and should. :)

2010/6/5 1:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy