SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : desperate prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: desperate prayer

Not sure how familiar you are with history but if anyone understood faith in Christ, it would have been Martin Luther. Let me suggest you read something by him. Here's his commentary on Galatians.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/luther/galatians.iv.html

This is a quote from the introduction.

"In my heart reigns this one article, faith in my dear Lord Christ, the beginning, middle and end of whatever spiritual and divine thoughts I may have, whether by day or by night." - Martin Luther

I pray God will bless you through the reading of His words.

2010/7/4 0:29
CeaseNot

I will be praying for you brother. I too, experience great hardness of heart at times but let me tell you the Lord is faithful- believe that He is able to "call that into being which does not exist"- in this situation, a hard heart. Remember always that what is impossible with man, is possible with God.

2010/7/4 10:39Profile
Chicku

Bangalore

Dont worry friend.... It might be your testing period...
Just cling on to God.. He will deliver you from all your problems....
Our God is soo great.....

2010/7/5 7:34Profile
Ce4

Re:

Man!!! I have been trying to get on here for a while and my computer wouldn't let me log in.

I would like you to pay close attention to me because I know this will help you to make it through.

I see that you have posted here many times and that in on of your posts that you have even led bible study, so it is safe for me to assume that you have a good and strong knowledge of the bible. Please I beg you to pay close attention. Because this has helped me going through the same situation.

From reading all your messages on this thread I see two things that I can see where most of your struggling is coming from.

In Fox's book of Martyrs before Peter was going to be Crucified he had a vision and in which he saw Jesus, and it is interesting and a powerful help to you what he said. He said Jesus where are you going? Here he is about to be killed and he dont ask Jesus what do I do, what to do, or anything but Jesus where are you going?

In order to walk this life of faith we have to train our fallen nature to see Jesus. Never ourselves. My friend try everything in your entire might and then some to see Jesus at all times, never yourself. You know Jesus in Matthew Mark Luke and John. And from all you personal experiences with him and his Love. You know his teachings. See Jesus never yourself, the fallen nature tries to look at self and try to fix self by our own works. But it is not by works that no man can boast. It is by seeing Jesus and not letting go of Him! Do not look to yourself and pay one bit of mind to it. We all are filthy rags, dont look at the rag look at Jesus then my friend you will be changed. Not by might nor by power but by the Spirit. 2nd Peter "his" divine nature has given us the power to live godly. Looking at yourself and trying to fix yourself is a mild but deadly form of pride that strips the power of Jesus right out of us.
In Genesis the first thing Satan did to Adam and Eve was to get them to look at their self. You are worthy Jesus has made you worthy. You I see already keep up with repentance, stop looking at your flaws none of us not one can live Holy Enough to make it. Jesus did that for us. But very important here: We keep our mind on Jesus then we are changed from glory to glory. Hang on!!! Your fallen nature will distract you from seeing who he is into seeing your failures, weaknesses and countless distractions from the enemy who hates you and is attacking you. We overcome by the Blood of the Lamb. Everything is in him focus on him "never" self.

As time goes by you will see the pride fall to the wayside because everything is now by seeing Him, living in Him, Breathing in him. I am the Lord who "makes you holy" Not I am the Lord "make yourself holy" that never works. Obedience is only found is Viewing our Jesus. When terrible things happen or you mess up Look at Jesus, if you look at yourself then you can fall into mild self hatred and unforgiveness towards yourself. Look to Jesus he will never not forgive you. He never leaves us or forsakes us. Just see Jesus. When you live like this you will see many sins illuminate and then we repent and move forward. Never I mean never keep your eyes on yourself. If you trust Jesus and I know you do, who "He is" will get you through.

I just want to say sorry for repeating, but it helps to retain. I just want to say this before i'm out. I have fell many times because I didn't learn the Basic foundation and it is, you guessed it Jesus. The Rock, he is the rock.
Soak in the Gospels let Jesus pierce and penetrate you and dont get overwhelemed you cant live it. But as you keep your heart and Love focused on who he is and who he going to be and hold on to that with everthing you have, you will not only make it. After a season his glory and power and Holy Spirit will fill you so full of might so full of power so full of his Love and things will be easier. So hand on in the dry seasons because sooner or later it will rain and you can float in His river. No doubt why the highest command is to Love the Lord God with all our heart mind soul and spirit. His highest command!!! Is to focus on him. And you will soon see how much your fallen nature wars against it. And you will smile and bask in who "He" is.

Now back to the beginning Jesus told Peter I am going to be crucified again, so peter understood his destiny and went with power and asked to be crucified upside down on the cross. Love ya Bro hope this helps..

2010/7/6 0:15Profile

Re:

It does make sense to me and i believe Charles spurgeon was saved by looking unto Jesus. I have tried to do that and when i try i start getting attacked with doubts and unbelief, and worst of all the last few months a hardening heart and almost like i am being blinded from what i originally believed. The more i have cried and prayed out to God the more these attacks got worse and my hardening and almost blindning has got worse and worse. i will be the first to say i have never wanted this. I have wanted the Lord so much and it seems after i have gotten out of sin and sought him more than ever knowing the truth now, i having the hardest time to get to him. I don't want to continue on with this, but just keep praying that i can see Jesus alone for my salvation because satan is warring strongly at me. Thanks bro for that. Te bible study is tommorow.

2010/7/6 18:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy