Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wilkerson and the charismatic itch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Wilkerson and the charismatic itch

I have been trying to get around to downloading that particular sermon, does anyone know what its about exactly?

2010/6/3 10:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Wilkerson and the charismatic itch

The Charismatic Itch by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15227&commentView=itemComments

2010/6/3 11:15Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

Thanks Greg, but there was no comments. Hence my question.

2010/6/3 13:23Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

What I got from it is a rebuke to those that move from big movement to big movement seeking only the blessing of God through Miraculous signs and wonders, only seeking to praise but never to intercede. Like when Peter, John, and James saw the mount of transfiguration but then couldn't stay away for one hour to pray with Jesus. Very good I would definitely recommend it.

2010/6/3 14:09Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

Thanks for the info, I am definitely going to check it out.

2010/6/3 14:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
What I got from it is a rebuke to those that move from big movement to big movement seeking only the blessing of God through Miraculous signs and wonders, only seeking to praise but never to intercede.

What really is wrong with that?

(mguldner, I am not responding at you per say, just that your words were thought provoking, so this is NOT directed at you)

In our day and age, there be FEW miraculous signs and wonders, what is wrong in wanting to see that?

I would love to see a miracle, man alive it's not like we see arms and legs appear every day of the week or someone being raised from the dead, in fact this never happens at least here on this western continent. I "hear" a lot about miracles but it's all talk or it was done when no one was around to witness it or fabricated. Big signs and wonders posters litter the city for the power of God services to be held at the arena. You go expecting, and nothing happens, a lot of fire and brimstone and hooping and hollering, and many KFC buckets get passed around. People come out saying, "Oh wasn't that something, Oh I felt the power of God". I walk out of there thinking, "What was that all about?" "Where were the signs and wonders?"

Hey, I would love to get more blessings from God. What I get is chastening, judgments, admonitions and warnings. Though these are considered blessings in themselves, but for someone to seek the blessings of God, hey I am for it.

Jesus had compassion on the crowds and fed them, though he knew they were there to see the miracles and not Him, but God was still being praised. It's the perfect will of God that we believe and hear the Son, but even Jesus said, if you don't believe me, believe for the very works sake.

John 10:37,38 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

So I don't know.............SIGH!

2010/6/3 18:54
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I believe he was more directly refering to your example of oh what a wonderful meeting, and feeling the nice warm feeling on the inside and seeking simply those warm feelings instead of actually seeking God for who He is rather than what He can do. It was in support of biblical revival that isn't just about the emotion and feelings of the meeting but the Love and Power of God moving on the hearts of men and women to repent of their sins and be swept into the kingdom. Wilkerson makes referance to what causes Heaven to rejoice being one repentive sinners and us having the same exact goal of rejoicing that when someone comes to Christ in true repentance we should be rejoicing about that but to many meetings are focused on "miraculous wonders" rather than seeing people come to repentance. You should listen to it for yourself though and come to your own conclusions me being a male I have the tendency to space out sometimes and miss things which is why I often relisten to sermons to see if I missed something important.

2010/6/3 19:21Profile
Giggles

Re:

Wilkerson makes some good observations in this sermon, but some of his interpretations of scripture to support his position are a little stretched. Look more for a burdened spirit than good exegesis proving these movements to be false.

2010/6/3 19:42Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

John 2:23-24 (NKJV)

"The Discerner of Hearts"

Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

2010/6/3 22:44Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

Giggles,

Good observation on your end, I will make sure to look out for what you said. Thank you.

2010/6/4 8:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy