SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Special Bulletin by Rick Joyner, Mike Bickle, and Jack Deere re: Paul Cain

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
But that Rick Joyner, Mike Bickle, and John Deere are being held up as any kind of authority for the church.... here? On SI?

I really don't agree with those men either mrs fred, I think its all in confusion that movement in christianity and is leading many astray. This article just shows the inconsistency and the danger of all that is happening. I dont trust any of these guys farther then I could thrown them. Lets get back to the word of God.

2004/10/21 18:37Profile
PastorEdP

Clinch Mountain, Virginia

Re:

And that is the bottom line, Brother Greg. I couldn't agree more. Self-declared prophets make me nervous because I have seen too many charitans at work. Where these people are fallable, the Word Of God can always be trusted. Look not to others for the definitive Word, brothers and sisters, but to Christ.

2004/10/21 19:27Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
Self-declared prophets make me nervous because I have seen too many charitans at work.

PastorEd, who, exactly, is supposed to "declare" someone a prophet? Are you saying there aren't any in the body of Christ today? Having listened to alot of Rick Joyner's teachings, I believe you all better watch who you speak against. This man is full of humility. I understand he has people around him who aren't, but he is. We wouldn't want a she-bear to come out of the woods, now would we?

2004/10/21 20:06Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
I dont trust any of these guys farther then I could thrown them.

Greg, what's that about? Have you listened to any of Rick Joyner's teachings?

2004/10/21 20:09Profile
PastorEdP

Clinch Mountain, Virginia

Re:

God chooses His prophets, Spitfire, not man. There are no self-appointed prophets. And a prophet, if he is truly of God, is right 100 percent of the time. So bring on the "she-bear." I'm wearing the full armor of God. If I believed everything Rick Joyner declared, I could no longer believe that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I think, therefore, that I will stick to the Word of God and make sure that those I harken to have stuck to it as well.

2004/10/21 20:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
who, exactly, is supposed to "declare" someone a prophet? Are you saying there aren't any in the body of Christ today?

No I think PastorEd is saying that being a prophet of God is self evident and its God that clearly calls a prophet and it will be somewhat obvious to all. For someone to say im a prophet and speak as a prophet but be speaking from his own mind that is problematic, many chapters in jeremiah deal with that sort of problem. There definetly has to be a prophetic voice somewhere but God doesn't always choose to trumpet it out int the open. Prophets are men that are consumed by God and follow His directions.

Quote:
Greg, what's that about? Have you listened to any of Rick Joyner's teachings?

I have heard enough things from him and others around him to stay well clear. Just taking a quick look at his website: www.eaglestar.org shows the very dubious nature of this man in his books, articles, teachings: "overcoming the spirit of poverty" is there such a thing preaching by the apostle paul? God forbid. And what prophet sells land: http://www.eaglestar.org/pages/realestate/property_map.html

Read hebrews 11 they were destitute, afflicted, they had no place to lay their head, they were not worthy of this world, please count me with this crowd and I will forfit the comfortable house on the property of a prophet.

2004/10/21 20:40Profile
moreofHim

Re:

This is what i feared might happen under this thread. please let's just preach Christ, and if we do, then the false will be exposed. This is not an opportunity to smear. We will all be held accountable for our words and actions, let us each worry about our own words and actions. Let's focus on Christ and what's is true than focus on what is not true and not Christ-like. The more we preach the true Christ, the more the false shows itself.

God Himself is exposing all that is unacceptable. I think He is capable of doing His job. Let's keep our eyes (and tongues) on all that is good and pure and of good report. Believe me, I am speaking to myself here as well.

In His love, Chanin

2004/10/21 20:48Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
No I think PastorEd is saying that being a prophet of God is self evident and its God that clearly calls a prophet and it will be somewhat obvious to all.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. What do you mean "self-evident"? What do you mean "somewhat obvious to all"?

Quote:
I have heard enough things from him and others around him to stay well clear.

Have you listened to any of his teachings? I just think it is not wise to speak against someone you don't know.

2004/10/21 21:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
God Himself is exposing all that is unacceptable. I think He is capable of doing His job. Let's keep our eyes (and tongues) on all that is good and pure and of good report. Believe me, I am speaking to myself here as well.

Very true sister Chanin you know for the most part God has called me at SermonIndex to let the true light shine and not to name the darkness or to point fingers at it. But sometimes there is a time and place to lead people right and point out an obvious dangerous spiritual situation. What I quoted about Rick Joyner is something that should make people thing twice. I don't want to quote too many details but it should be obvious that people like Kenneth Copeland and himself that teach prosperity doctrines are in falsehood and need to come to the truth of the gospel. With that said you are very right Chanin that there really most of that time needs to be a focus soley on Christ but wouldn't you agree that sometimes the sad fact of false teachers needs to be pointed out and exposed? I see that in the bible where there is a small emphasis on that and I should follow suit? I would love more of your thoughts on that principle?

Quote:
This makes absolutely no sense to me. What do you mean "self-evident"? What do you mean "somewhat obvious to all"?

Meaning that a prophet will be either stoned or his words will be accepted as from the lips of God. Its a holy calling and demands a very strong gravity and seriousness at all times. Bearing the word of God to a wayward people cannot be accompained by frivilous laughing and jesting. A prophet is a holy man of God that causes and brings a sense of Gods fearful holiness upon him.

2004/10/21 21:31Profile
moreofHim

Re: God exposing false

ok, since you asked my humble opinion :-) I think just posting the article was a good way of "exposing" the truth. It was out there on the table for all to see. To me that is acceptable. You only put out there what was already said and people will decide (with the help of the Holy Spirit) what to make of this mess.

This is such a delicate situation because we cannot go around bashing people. I know what you mean about feeling a sense of responsibility but the people I have learned the most from and have had the greatest respect for (Oswald Chambers for example) just preached the truth which left all that was "untruth" out in the open for me to see as untruth. I think also you have to be careful because of the rest of the sheep, we do not want to cause anyone to stumble over somehting like this. Some people are at different stages and still need more meat to grow on before their own eyes are open to all the truths that our eyes maybe open to.

I believe it is better for someone to have the Lord open their eyes for themselves after a continuous diet of pure milk and meat and say "aha! I see because now I know what truth is and now I can see that maybe some of what i thought was truth, may not be".

I just keep thinking that the Lord holds me accountable for what I, myself, say and do. So I am going to worry about that. I am not accountable for what anyone else does. I have sinned, I have fallen, I have said things that i thought were thoughts from God but my feelings and emotions got mixed in there too. I cannnot say "oh, that terrible man!" because sin is sin and I would be a hypocrite myself. I think it's ok to make people aware as you did, but to continue to knock them and smear and tear down- personally I am uncomfortable with that. I know, that's just me. :-) But, hey, I am learning slowly and patiently to be more Christ-like (I hope).

I don't know, I guess I am mellowing with age and learning what's really important without letting the lesser stuff get my goat. :-) I want to grow and change into His image and going around griping about people just doesn't seem to fit that image. :-P

There are so many things to argue about anymore that really don't make much of a difference in the long run. Only Jesus matters. Him and Him crucified. Oh, His wonderful, marvelous works. Isn't He awsome?! :-)

p.s. this is only my own humble opinion and maybe where the Lord has me at this time :-?

In Him, Chanin

2004/10/21 22:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy