SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : You shall not fear the face of man

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

You shall not fear the face of man

"Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it."
- Dueteronomy 1:17(KJV)

...ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's:

In this passage, and in this phrase in particular, you have(I believe) what is the essential nature of that which is prophetic in judgment - declaring the mind and will of God in His judgments without partiality, adding to or taking away anything from the whole. It is saying exactly what God has said or is saying on a matter, nothing more and nothing less.

Judgment here(in this context) is to be understood as making a determination about something, deciding between parties, answering questions about the Law and in a wider scope it is to decide according to the mind and will of God on any subject and matter of life that is before us.

Declaring the mind and will of God is the essential nature of the prophetic in judgment, and the essential need of judgment that is to be prophetic is that it be altogether true, and whole- in its entirety from God.

It is the quintesence of what even the adversaries of the Lord Jesus said of Him in coming to ensare Him, that He was true, and taught the way of God in truth, that He did not care for or respect men's persons in His judgments.

When God called Jeremiah and set him to be His prophet, He said to Jeremiah

'Be not afraid of their faces'

And when Jerimah answered the remnant of the people that came and sought a word from the Lord, his assurnace to them was

"...whatsoever thing the LORD shall answer you, I will declare it unto you; I will keep nothing back from you."

The essential nature of that which is prophetic is to show forth what is the mind and will of God in His judgments in any matter of life that is before us. And the essential need of judgment that is to be propehtic is that it be wholly what God has said, without addition and without loss, and without respect to or fear of the response of man, for that is what is most signified in the saying of God to them through Moses: you shall not be afraid of the face of man.

And that should be the essential character of any man or woman and their message that would claim to a prophet or prophetess of God.

Psalm 82:1-8, John 8:26

2010/5/29 10:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy