SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anybody go from being a bad seed to a good seed, parable of the sower

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Anybody go from being a bad seed to a good seed, parable of the sower

I just wanted to know about the parable of the sower. You here about the seed that fell on stony soil, got caught in thorns and bad soil, then the one who got caught in good soil and produced continual fruit. Now my interpretation of this scripture is that the ones who fell away were not truly saved but came close and then the one who is the good seed was truly saved and had true repentance. I have a brother like that, his name is Robert and this man reminds of the early christians from the scriptures even though i never saw them but what the scripture speaks of the fruits a christian should have he has it, i am being truthful about it, i never seen such a godly man, it is hard for me to be around him because he is real and i just feel so fake. But anyways my question is their anyone here on sermonindex who can openly confess that at one time they were a bad seed who would hear the word of God and rejoice and even obey it at times and loved the Lord but would be overcome and fall back. But then later on in their life they became truly a good seed and were assured of their salvation and repentance to true saving faith. Is their any here who knows that was them at one time, i am not talking about the false conversions of asking Jesus into your heart but those who experienced Christ and fell away but came back to truly be a good seed to produce thirtyfold, sixty etc. My brother with joy was able to tell me he was that good seed i am guessing because of his confidence of what the Lord did to him. Yes i am asking this to be encouraged by someone because i need it and i need more hope for myself.

2010/5/28 23:53
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Anybody go from being a bad seed to a good seed, parable of the sower

Look at the passage about the seed that fell amoung the weeds. The scripture never says the plant itself dies it just doesn't produce fruit because its choked out by the weeds. It grows and looks just like the plant that fell on good soil minus the health of producing Fruit. What can we say about the weeds what were they? According to 13:23 in Matthew it is the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches. The Weeds distract a man/woman from the true meaning of Christianity and choke out its fruit. Jesus is very clear that anyone that doesn't hate his father, mother, sister, brother, wife and children even their very self is not worthy to be His disciple.

So what happens to these plants (converts) that are fruitless? The scriptures that are very clear that anyone that doesn't produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire, So even a man or woman that looks as religious as can be can still be cast into the fire because the Cares of this World, Man's opinions, wealth, etc are what are on their mind and by doing that Choking out any true fruit of Repentance because the persons focus is still on themselves.

But Brother I take great pride in my weakness that I was once a fruitless plant and by the grace of God Jesus the perfect and Just gardener opened my eyes and pulled the weeds around me through the Holy Spirit and me forfiting my will for the will of the Fathers. If You repent and submit and trust in Christ Jesus HE is faithful and Just to help you remove those weeds one weed at a time if that is what it takes. Is it fun? No but knowing that Christ dyed on the Cross for me to be freed from the weeds pushes me to want to produce fruit worthy of His lips and so as He removes the weeds that I sometimes clinge to I have to remember to submit and trust Jesus for He knows just what He is doing and everything that He does He does because He Loves Me. :) I hope that this brings encouragement to you I will continue to pray for you.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/5/29 1:38Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

The parable is explained by Jesus to
say the seed is the Word of GOD.
When it is received in a willing heart;
watered with His grace, nurtured by
the light of His love, it will bear
much fruit!

2010/5/29 10:15Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I was also going to comment on that, the Seed is and remains Good no matter what the circumstances it is all dependent on the type of soil it lands on. So in reality we shouldn't call it bad seed vs good seed but rather bad planting condition vs good planting conditions. The best part about this is that the soil can be changed rather easy by grace and through grace that God so freely gives.

2010/5/29 10:28Profile

Re:

The seed is the Word of God and not a human.

There are actually six types of ground, which represents the various areas of each persons heart: three fruitful zones, and three that are unfruitful. There is good soil and bad soil in each and every one of us, however, there is one soil type predominant in each individual.

It is good to identify them and find just what type of soil is most prevelant in our heart.

In ministry, when proclaiming and explaining the Word of God, these after effects, just as Jesus revealed, are seen clearly, very clearly. Every one who ministers in God's kingdom in the evangel message of Jesus Christ crucified and risen can expect no more or no less.

To get the best picture of what Jesus is telling, look at it synoptically: Mk. 4:1-20; Lk. 8:4-15; Mt. 13:1-23. Please pay special attention to what it says in Lk. 8:8, as this was exclaimed intermittently throughout the parable.
(Please note also:
In Matthew's account, the parable of the wheat and the tares follows right on the heels of this parable. In Luke Jesus follows with a key to friutfulness (Philemon 6 NIV ), and then who really is, or is not, in His family. In Mark, the parable is suceeded with Jesus casting out demons. All these things are quite important and relative to the parable preceeding these things.)

In ourselves, we can see how we either choke out, or prosper the Word through what we do after having recieved the Word of God.

In the middle-east at the time of this parable (and sometimes even now), the tilling of the soil was done after the sowing.

This is the work of the Holy Spirit.

If we think of the tilling in any other way, we contradict other passages relative to God's Word, such as Is. 55:11. Though we are to sow/scatter the Word of God everywhere, it is the sending and prospering of this that remains in His hands.

Our part in all this is quite simple, but very few of us uncompromisingly follow through---> Is. 55:6, 7, 8, 9

We humble ourselves and then God looks upon us. We pray continually to know His activity in our living (Lk. 18:1-8). We must forsake our own thoughts and ways, and rather seek God's face. We do the best we can in this one, and He takes care of the rest.

Let go, and let God be God, cause He sure ain't gonna' force Himself on ya'.

II Chron. 7:14-15

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

p.s. 'FRUITS' from our soil/heart stands in direct correlation to all we say and do. Though we cannot clearly see even into our own heart, because it's very nature is wicked deceit, we can also look at the fruit of our own lives and recognize them as checkpoints of how much of the life and nature of God manifests from them.

edit

2010/5/29 10:52

Re:

They were thrown there, would to God that they were all thrown into good ground, but who's fault is this?

I mean really, the seed that is thrown into an area where thorns thrive, the seed hasn't got a chance. It's like planting corn under a canopy of trees, without the Sun they haven't got any hope of sprouting.

Where thorns grow is usually dry ground to begin with. The seed has no hope of getting into that ground unless it's trampled on.

I would have to conclude that it was the will of God that that seed be there and God will tend to that seed, whether it's salvation or judgement. See Romans 9:21

2010/5/29 13:37

Re:

by snufalapagus on 2010/5/29 9:37:38

I would have to conclude that it was the will of God that that seed be there and God will tend to that seed, whether it's salvation or judgement. See Romans 9:21

------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes i wonder about the thorn/stone/cares/habits/wayside/deceit/etc. issues myself.

i'll just scatter.

Where it falls shouldn't be my concern, but result from 'the wind' and the direction i am facing. i still can't seem to always remember this. i wonder what is going to happen.

It has been seen that at times, the results are not observable til' years later, or never at all.

No telling where the seed may fall; or whether God at the time of reception, gives mercy through grace, judgement, and/or righteousness.

It's recognized what will happen, but often it's so surprising with whom the Word of God takes root and grows and prospers, and to whom it does not.

Expect the unexpected it's supposed.

After the scattering, all that can be done is interceed by and in the Spirit.

...and even though these things are done, it's still wondered ...or why God at times puts a quick halt to sowing, pulling weeds, or picking fruit.

It's kinda' like, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

g
Acts 20:32

2010/5/29 14:44
JoeGrey

South Africa

In 1992 I radically came to faith through God's working in my life. For long after this newly found faith, joy flooded my heart, I had a deep desire to witness to others about what had happened to me. I lived in victory over the sins tha ruled me before. Later I entered full-time service.

In 1999 I backslided from the faith and from the Lord. I went back to all my old sins like drugs and immorality.

After some years in sin, God once again worked in my life. In about 2005 I repented again from my sins and trusted God. Ever since I have entered full time service again.

The seed is the Gospel and Word of God. Powerful and lacking nothing. The power of God unto salvation.

The ground is our hearts. It has the potential to bear much fruit, like the one part of the parable that Jesus told. But in the other three parts of the same parable we see that it is prone to be the greatest disasters.

If I look at myself I see no hope for fruit-bearing and no good fruit in my life. But if I look unto Jesus, trusting, hoping and leaning on Him, I see fruit.

My dear friend. Only God knows! It is for us to use every means to seek Him and obey the Gospel. Love nothing more than Him - Hate nothing more than sin and you will be surprised at what God can do for you, in you and through you!

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9

2010/5/29 15:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
Love nothing more than Him - Hate nothing more than sin

I like that saying very much.

2010/5/29 19:02
crusader

Australia:

Love and Greetings all
I don't post much these days but I saw this post and it caught my spirit. I have just spent a long time seeking wisdom in this very parable. It was quite a large study and it may take me a lot longer to fully complete but I will try to explain my conclusions in short.
In my walk with God I have seen amazing things with the Lord some by my hand some by others. I have been fortunate to have been given a good mentor to train me in how to chew the cud and test everything as to whether it is of God or Not. Yet during this walk I would fall quite quickly which lead to frustration and depression. I would feel that my spirit had died and felt powerless and didn’t know how to get back to spiritual revival. I would repent with tears, clean my household of anything that God may find offensive, by spiritual and put myself before him hoping that God would have mercy on me. This has been the common pattern in most of my Christian life (20 yrs) and many times suicide was in my thoughts during the spiritual death.
The other day my foundations were rocked from a friend and the Holy Spirit lead me to this understanding through the bible.
In my heart, I had never cleared it of covetness; I never thought about it or had much understanding of it. This covetness would come out in my life when I least expected it and I would permit it to pleasure my thoughts which would lead to the fruits of the flesh stated in Galatians which, in turn would lead to spiritual death. It is my heart that is full of these things and it is my heart that needs to be washed and cleaned in this area so that it becomes good ground. This is what King David did after realising his sin with Bathsheba. It doesn’t sit well in my spirit to say that this is a once off occurrence, I think that we are to continuously check our ground (heart) for stones and thorns as well as making sure we do not disregard any of the lords words. These are devices that the devil uses to attack Gods people whenever the opportunity arises.
Just my thoughts on the matter,
Love Crusader

2010/5/29 22:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy