SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What or Why?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

What or Why?

I have been thinking about a lot of things lately, But something that I seem to keep asking myself is questions that start with What rather the infamous Why, Through the years I have also been a What asker, as oppose to a Why asker because when someone asked me to do something I would generally want to do what was asked and so ask What is being asked and What exactly does this look like. The more and more I pray about this and study the word I have become very discontent with the Stats Quo of the Modern church, a place I feel looks to heavily on their man made doctrines rather than look directly at the Word of God. I have begun asking very important questions that we all seek to find the answer to but the one that has been burning on my heart is What does Love look like? In persuit of answers I have gone to the Word and have seen and found Jesus Christ, He is not only the Full Expression of God's glory but He is the Full expression of God's Love. It seems the more and more I read the Word the more I find I look nothing like Jesus. This is in contrast to the spirit in which I worked in in the past the dreadful spirit of the Pharisees where the Word simply justifies on the outside but never goes to the root of the problem or goes any deeper.

As a husband and father of two and looking at Jesus Christ as the Author and Finisher of my Faith I found that I don't biblically Love my family as Christ Loved His church. In an emotional prospective and human understanding of the word love yes but in actuality and held up against the Word of God in comparison, then no.

I suppose we are all on a quest to be this kind of person that looks and acts like Jesus Christ in thought and attitude and action but this most certianly looks like an uphill climb both ways in ten feet of snow with no shoes on. At this I must again express my gratitude for the gift of the Holy Spirit and the Mercy and Grace given to me a wretched sinner. I also thank you all that though at times we don't agree or see eye to eye we can sharpen each other and encourage each other to continue this walk towards Christ and His glory.

What if we as a Church began to tear away our pet doctrines and looked at What Jesus Christ said and told us to do. What if we dropped our preconceaved notions and religious action and just simply looked at the bible and Christ Jesus for the answer and example to follow. What would happen? Would there be an actual expression of Christ's Church?

2010/5/27 2:15Profile
HeartSong

Re: What or Why?

We can not do this ourselves - not in any way, shape or form. He does it all. All that we must do is to continually turn towards Him and He will perform all that is needed.

Recently I heard someone say something to the effect of "will you believe God's Word no matter what? Even if the whole world, or the whole church, or everyone you know, disagrees with what He is saying to you, will you believe? Will you seek only His counsel in all things?"

This is what has been on my heart lately, and I must say, I long for the actual expression of Christ's Church - where we will all be as One and love will be the only outflow of He that is Love.

2010/5/27 3:08Profile

Re:

Thank you for the faithful counsel youz guyz.

Time for another exam by Dr. Jesus.

On a similar note, i usually ask, "How come..?"
...because 'enquiring minds want to know.'

How come there are two words, enquiring and inquiring...or is that merely a hook like to an advert?

g

2010/5/27 8:29
Benjamin7

Québec, Canada

Re:

"We can not do this ourselves - not in any way, shape or form. He does it all. All that we must do is to continually turn towards Him and He will perform all that is needed."

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2010/5/27 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy