SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Stealth Evangelism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Stealth Evangelism

Anyone ever heard of "Stealth Evangelism"? This is a fairly new concept where someone enters into a cultural situation with "secular" people... never mentioning a word about the Lord... and then show them Jesus by love and acceptance. The idea is that these "secular" people will suddenly want to know about God by what has been lived out in front of them.

Anyone see anything wrong with this?

Krispy

2010/5/24 16:29
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Stealth Evangelism

I don't find any Biblical basis for this.
If you are really saved; your life will
testify to the truth and saving grace of
GOD and bear witness to His love and His
Spirit!!

2010/5/24 16:50Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I get the love and acceptance part. We are to love and accept people just as Christ did. While we were yet sinners He loved us and died for us.

When does the "punch line" get delivered. If they don't know I am a Christian, and if I have never mentioned Christ, how are they to know to ask me about he God I serve?

Living it in front of them without continually preaching at them I understand. Loving and accepting I understand. Never mentioning Christ I don't understand.

2010/5/24 16:52Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Question: "Anyone ever heard of "stealth evangelism"?

Answer:

No... I haven't even read about it in the Scriptures or heard Jesus talk about it??

Maybe it's a "stealth" Biblical Method???

2010/5/24 16:53Profile
Jimotheus

Re:

Greetings to all:

We have to remember that the Gospel is not a message of attraction; it is a message of confrontation. Men and women must be confronted with the truth; the truth about God; the truth about themselves, and the reality of judgment to come. Our evangelism must not be focused on the practical, or, felt needs of the people as such, but rather on their standing before God. The issue facing men and women is that they are under the wrath of God because of their sin, and evil. Sin is an offense to God. This is why the world is in a desparate state. People need to be convicted of their sins before a holy and righteous God. We must bring them to Mount Sinai before we bringing them to Mount Calvary. This means that our gospel is not man-centered as in the case of this so-called, "stealth-evangelism" but God/Christ centered as it is in the Holy Bible. God has already given the Church the message and the method: "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. . ." This is God's method and the message is, Jesus Christ.

2010/5/24 17:25Profile
shadyg

I was asked to deliver a message to a group of students about how to be a silent witness. The only problem with this is I don't believe you can be a silent witness. You can be a living example of what a Christian that isn't pattern his/her life after the world looks like, but to witness requires opening your mouth. Too many people use that idea as an excuse not to share. And that is unbiblical. When it comes to evangelism Silence is a Sin. Romans 10:14-15

Wonder what they are going to think when I deliver a message calling Silent Witnessing a Sin?

2010/5/24 18:49Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Come now this has been happening for years now except there has been opposite effects. Many MANY Christian plunge themselves into secular groups and often times are converted. I understand what they are trying to do but history proves it doesn't work. I suppose now we have a name for it though.

2010/5/24 18:54Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

One needs look no further than the life of Christ to realize that his perfect life would have been meaningless without his doctrine. In contrast, his doctrine would have been meaningless without his perfect life of faith in his Father. Jesus is the balance.

2010/5/24 19:06Profile
scotsbaker

England.

Hi Krispy,

one problem I see with stealth evangelism is that YOU get all the glory.

Rather than them thinking "there's something special (i.e. Christian) about this guy" they're in actual fact thinking "Krispy is a really great guy".

God doesn't share His glory with anyone, so in a sense you're in danger of usurping the Lord's credit in favour of yourself.

2010/5/30 17:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy