SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : If I Love God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

If I Love God

Based on what the Spirit teaches us in James 1:12, fill in the blank: “If I love God, then I will _____!”

_________
My first thought was "If I love God I will obey Him." and I still think that is a good answer but it doesn't seem like it is all. As I have prayed and meditated on this its seems God is showing me something more and deeper???

God Bless
maryjane

2010/5/24 10:54Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: If I Love God

“If I love God, then I will _____!”

Humble myself, repent of my sins and praise His Name and do His will!

2010/5/24 11:47Profile

Re:

God set the standard Himself pretty good in John 14:15
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. (NASB)

For myself I honestly think it's best to leave it at, "If I love God, then I will." I'll let Him fill in the blank.

2010/5/24 19:53
MaryJane

Re: If I Love God

I was thinking about the verse James 1:12 and how to fill in the blank while considering what it says, "blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.

For some reason the word endureth is confusing me, I guess I would have thought it would say resists temptation. Maybe I am not understanding???

I think filling in the blank with seeing our need for Jesus and seeing ourselves for what we are as sinners is a vital answer also. I think obey is huge answer as well, if we love Him we will obey Him. I am wondering though is endureth there to perhaps reveal an attitude of what our hearts should be?

Thanks for considering though and responding
God bless

2010/5/24 20:49Profile
rbanks

Re:

Be able to overcome the trials and temptations of this life and receive a crown of life as the Lord has promised.

2010/5/24 20:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy