SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Bush & Kerry - message of US immigrant to the US church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
All4Jesus

Bush & Kerry - message of US immigrant to the US church

Greetings US believers in Jesus, and the bible.

One of the saddest things I experienced coming to this nation, was realizing that the fellowship I have enjoyed in other nations with the church has been not always the case here in the USA. I have sadly found that there are people here in the USA who consider themselves true believers, and yet seem more devoted to America than to the Lord.

I read where Jesus was more concerned with the kingdom of God, than this world's kingdom. I read how he showed they were opposites. I read of how satan tried to tempt Him with a position of global power, and Lord was not interested in it.

People tell me that America is a "Christian" nation. I think it is a pagan nation. The education system here is pagan. Muslims call this place the great satan. Europeans, and Africans have lost respect for this nation.

The reason is that the church got caught up in materialism. It began to backslide. Sin began to encroach. The salt began to lose it's saltiness.

Thankfully there are people here in the USA, a remnant, who are true to the Lord. Some of us know what a set up this whole political thing is. Some of us have lived through things like Zimbabwe, and know the backstage view of the New World Order. Sadly many of my Christian friends here have yet to have their delicate man made world views shattered.

It will come. And the remnant with have to work hard to rescue the rest. This world has been judged. We best rescue ourselves from this present deception and turn to God with our whole hearts.

They overcame him with the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony and did not love their lives even unto death. Remember that in Rome, when Paul said people had to say "Jesus is Lord", that it was a statement of defiance against the pagan government. It could have cost them their lives. It may yet get like that here in the USA. Been there done that - Zimbabwe.

We have much to rejoice for in God.

Beloved, keep yourselves from idols!

2004/10/20 10:53Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re: Bush & Kerry - message of US immigrant to the US church

Welcome, and well put. Pls fill in yr profile...

Agreed. When the church gets itself in order, then it can judge the Supreme Court, Kerry, reservists in Iraq refusing orders, and even Rbt Mugabe.

2004/10/20 11:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Beloved, keep yourselves from idols!

Brother welcome to SermonIndex, let us know abit more about yourself if you can. I am glad God led you to this site and I encourage you to listen to some of the audio sermon messages perhaps starting here: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt[/url] by Paris Reidhead and [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2903]Revival Hymn[/url]

2004/10/20 11:38Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Quote:
One of the saddest things I experienced coming to this nation, was realizing that the fellowship I have enjoyed in other nations with the church has been not always the case here in the USA. I have sadly found that there are people here in the USA who consider themselves true believers, and yet seem more devoted to America than to the Lord.

Your words are convicting. Please hold on to your faith in Jesus, if it is strong. Don't let American church doctrines confuse you or take away what you know and believe about Christ. We Christians in America are blind to our own faults. Pray for us that God will break our hearts. Find ways to share what you know with the people God brings you.

I'm assuming you yourself are a born again believer in Jesus?

Mrs. Fred

2004/10/21 14:10Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Can a nation be "Christian"? Yes, our country was founded and started with some good Christian principles, but humanism was mixed right in as well.

You made a good point about some Christians being more loyal to America than to God. Like I posted in some other political based topic, God isn't on anyone's side. He's not on a political side, national side (besides Israel), denominational side, etc. He doesn't promote [i]our[/i]interests. We need to be promoting [i]His[/i].

It has been a joy for me to meet Christians from other parts of the world, who aren't corrupted by American Christian culture. It's a sweet thing. It is true, we are capable of not being corrupted. May God set us apart for His purposes day by day!

Oh, by the way, welcome to the site! Hope you are blessed!

2004/10/21 14:55Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

People tell me that America is a "Christian" nation.

Show me a christian nation, It'll have the god of heaven as its head. not fighting about keeping his ten commandments out of court. or prayer out of schools,or his name not use because we might insault some ones else's belief. holidays have had there names change wouldn't want to push our belief on anyone. and yet others have more rights then the christians who won't stand up for their rights.
Welcome to the mud pit's lets make brick's and build something.

2004/10/21 23:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy