Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : 

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
allensmith

2010/5/22 11:24Profile

Re: talk is NOT cheap!

You need to read the book of James over and over, at least 5 times, then come back, and edit your post accordingly.

As well, consider your own words:

"So speak BE VERY SLOW TO SPEAK. SPEAKING IS EXTREMELY RISKY WHEN WE ARE NOT CAUTIOUS. Paul exhorts us numerous times concerning our Speech..." in light of James chapter 3 and Jas. 1:19,20,21

Faith is filth without Jesus as the author (aka:originator) and finisher (aka:completer) of it.

From beginning to the end of what 'the faith' is, believing and speaking are two of several aspects of what faith is.

------------------------------------------------------------
i can say i am sick and believe it a thousand times

...i tried it... and it does not work, even when i thought the symptoms were coming on and got really excited about it... I can't get sick. (Actually, i thought about it alot over the weekend from friday till the morning after Labor Day trying to get just one more day off of work (4 days into 5), and probably said it 1000+ times.

Why are you trying to present something so prevelant amongst the new agers and cults (new thought, positive affirmation, christian science), etc???

...and don't you even wonder why there has been no response?

Rom. 1:17 ESV

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/5/22 19:39
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I will add Jesus Himself tells the story of a man telling His two sons to go do something one said I will not and later changed his mind and went and worked while the other one said I will and didn't ever go and work. This sets up Action as a higher level of response rather than speech.

2010/5/22 19:51Profile

Faith(fulness) is:
-trust (resting your confidence) in Jesus;
and,
-obedience to His Word.

Heb. 11:6
Mt 7:21,24

The word faith in the New Testamnet Koine Greek is the word 'pistis' and when used it implies faithfulness if it rendered as the word faith. When it is translated as faithfulness, faith is implied.

(It's all about covenant with El Elyon (God Almighty) -through His son Yeshuah (Jesus), then following Him-
walking in accord with the Father in this relationship: Jn 17:3)

2010/5/22 19:55

Re:

by mguldner on 2010/5/22 15:51:18

I will add Jesus Himself tells the story of a man telling His two sons to go do something one said I will not and later changed his mind and went and worked while the other one said I will and didn't ever go and work. This sets up Action as a higher level of response rather than speech.

i'm the one who said i will not, and then later changed his mind...
baaaah.

g

2010/5/22 19:58
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I was the one that said I will or even I have yet in reality I hadn't, I put up a great front that made it look like it did, kind of like a kid cleaning his room but throwing everything in the closet. :) Thank God He was a faithful and Good Father to check the closet!

2010/5/22 20:04Profile

Quote:
THIRDLY IT IS NOT TRUSTING

Actually it is.

Trusting is the most hardest thing that man can do.

I can't even do it in my own self, that is why it says, "for by grace are we saved through faith".

Grace enables us to trust. It helps us.

In the King James the verb "ETH is used to mean "continually", never stop. In the other translations, this very important verb is missed entirely and rendered to just "believe" and that is not enough.

"He that believeth" is saying, "He that continually believes and puts their trust in Him".

This trusting alone will work out all things for our good. If we endure everything that comes to us, we can be sure that that faith will grow from faith to faith.

2010/5/22 20:15

Re:

by mguldner on 2010/5/22 16:04:49

I was the one that said I will or even I have yet in reality I hadn't, I put up a great front that made it look like it did, kind of like a kid cleaning his room but throwing everything in the closet. :) Thank God He was a faithful and Good Father to check the closet!

i knew we had something in common.
Neither of us did what we said.

My youngest hides her whole room in her closet and wifey is none the wiser; but dear ole' dad always checks.

I didn't hide things in the closet.

Cleaning my room was always a quick negotiation process:
"do i need this to stay alive?" and in the trash it went.

Can't tell you how many hide tannings it took for me to get with the program cause i don't think i could count the 'chastisement' on 10 hands.

A sheeple
who tried
to pretend
to be a goat,
g

p.s. baaa

2010/5/22 22:00

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy