SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Slimy Frog

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
buttermilk80

Ohio

The Slimy Frog

(This post is not connected with the post entitled, "The Wrath of the Lord is Peaceful". I enjoy the fact that Iron sharpens Iron. Peace to my brothers and sisters in Christ.)

Run over a bulgy, slimy, croakin frog with your car and what do you get? Why, ya get a flat frog! That's what ya get. He was doin quite well before you came along. But since you were in your car you hardly noticed the slight vertical jolt. Perhaps you were talking to someone
beside you. Or maybe you were admiring the lovely swamp scene. Or(perhaps the best case scenario) maybe you squished em while avoiding that gator.

How many of us are, spiritually speaking, prettier than a bulgy, slimy, croakin frog? And how many times have we been run over by a distracted Christian? Don't it just flatten our hearts to be hurt by someone who should have loved us? And don't we go off cryin to our Father that we don't feel so good? Now, mind you, I'm not making fun
of taking our troubles to our Heavenly Father.

Notice in the story of the flattened frog I presented reasons we would all excuse. We wouldn't blame the driver for what happened. Not that very many really care about frogs anyway. But just as a matter of sincerity. Ok, we got hurt. It is possible our pain is being misdirected. Remember His words: "Father, forgive them. For they
know not what they do."

By His Grace, and with certain joy.

2010/5/20 15:24Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: The Slimy Frog

Spiritually speaking I am much uglier than a dead frog, infact without Christ Jesus I am dead in my trespasses and sin. :)

2010/5/20 18:21Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

yep yep

Gives the fairy tale of the frog and the princess a new meaning..... LOL

2010/5/21 14:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy