SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hiding our light... to reach the lost? What?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Hiding our light... to reach the lost? What?

Quote:
The stated goal of management is to #1 be the best rock station in the city... and #2 reach the lost.

And here lies the problem. These two things are knocked out of prospective Reaching the Lost should be number one priority if that in fact is one of their goals.

I think Paul said it quite well in Galatians 1:10 "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

I don't really think that some people have grasped the concept that when you speak the truth in Love you will be hated and presecuted.

2010/5/18 20:02Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Hiding our light... to reach the lost? What?

I actually tried to do this very thing and even tried to live like this for a while! I was talking to a lesbian I know about God and everything went great for about 15 minutes UNTIL she stated, "Well, there's many roads to heaven."

When push came to shove, I had to stop trying to be all things to all people and speak the truth to her. In my gut I felt it, "There's only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ alone."

She said, "Well, that's cool that's your belief." I looked her seriously in the eye with love and I said, "That is not just my belief, that is the truth of the ages; I'm not trying to manipulate you but I have to tell you the truth... Jesus Christ is the only way to get to God and heaven."

thingsabove very wisely said: "Faith comes by hearing the word of God, not carefully veiled phrases of men." That manager will have to decide one day to speak the truth of the ages to the masses!@!

To God be all the glory!!

2010/5/18 20:05Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

I know that when a person really gets saved they can't help but tell others about it. Imagine if God had been silent about it because some would not understand it. We would all still be lost. But thank God that it is Good News- the Gospel. It seems to me that maybe the station leadership etc. is more concerned about what others think about them than what God thinks. Of course, salvation would help cure that. Satan tries to keep the message silent or obscured. He does that by influencing God's messengers to not be clear and distinct in the message.

2010/5/18 21:58Profile

Re:

How can anybody or anything
be considered Christian
without revealing Him
in His way
through what they say
and do?

Everything Jesus did was towards
proclaiming and teachiing
repentance
and entrance into the
Kingdom of God.

2010/5/19 3:46
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Wonderful testimony Lysa, and God bless you for having the boldness to tell this woman the truth.

We cannot hide our light, and because we are of the truth, we recognize that we are compelled by our Father to declare it.

2010/5/19 5:15Profile

Re:

This has sparked a great conversation. Very cool everyone.

Man on his own can not understand spiritual things. Thats what the Bible says. Only when God chooses to reveal truth to a person's heart can they understand. Dumbing down what we say, hiding our light and trying not to offend is actually disbelief on our part. It's taking something out of God's hands and saying "let me do this for you, God... I don't believe you are capable of revealing the truth to this person."

Thats what it is.

We should not go around purposely offending people and being obnoxious. We all agree on that. But we should speak the truth boldly, and understand that if someone gets offended and walks away... it's because God has CHOSEN according to His perfect will not to reveal the truth to them at this moment. But seeds may have been planted...

When we look at it from this Biblical perspective it sure takes the pressure off us!

Krispy

2010/5/19 8:55
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

Quote:
It's not really hiding the light; but presenting another light; a light in which permissiveness is the order of the day, there is no sin, and god is love...the kind of love that accepts you forever just as you are.

Exactly! I just left my church after feel the Holy Spirit guiding me out and after much, much praying. My only reason for leaving was the prompting of the Holy Spirit. However, there were some things that I can point to and say, "This is one reason". One of the associate pastors had bought 3 flat screen tv's for the new men's ministry room. The fact that they bought 3 bugged me but what really got me was that they were tuning them to sports channels on Wednesday nights to attract men to the church. They would turn them off to begin service, but they had them on in the first place. I don't think it's a good idea to get people to church using something that's keeping them from God in the first place. It's like handing out shots to get the AA crowd in. How bankrupt are we that we must resort to offering that which we should be standing against, just to get people in the door?

2010/5/19 12:58Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I would also like to suggest, on principle, and not as it pertains to this particular situation. But that it may not be an issue of "hiding the light" as there is a real probability is that there is no light to hide, and that the day star is not even rising in the hearts of those who claim to be doing God a service.

Romans makes the case towards the end that we, as gentile believers have got to take seriously the fact that we are only "grafted" into the tree. And one of the great indictments against the Jewish nation was that they failed to be the light to the gentiles, so in essence the torch as been passed for a time to us. I would think that when the light of truth is veiled behind worldly methodologies, we could be doing the exact same thing Israel did by mixing idols and gods in with temple worship. Thus signifying that the light is not hidden...it just simply may not exist. Because we have failed to apprehend our responsibility to follow the captain of our salvation as he expects us too.

I would like to emphasize that each one of us is responsible to carry this torch. As little lights in a darker room that begin to fade as the day star arises by literally applying the exhortations in II Peter Chapter 1.
The problem as I see it, is a result of exactly why we all love Ten Shekels and a Shirt so much. Dry theological orthodoxy has promoted a view that spirituality is measured by ascent to truth...rather than actually becoming that truth ourselves.

Even the demons believe...

I pray that God raises up a generation who has the discernment to recognize the principalities for what they are, and for how they are influencing us to Natural behavior...rather than supernatural.

2010/5/19 13:25Profile

Re: If the light in you be darkness; ..HOW GREAT IS IT?

"Dry theological orthodoxy has promoted a view that spirituality is measured by ascent to truth...rather than actually becoming that truth ourselves.
Even the demons believe...

I pray that God raises up a generation who has the discernment to recognize the principalities for what they are, and for how they are influencing us to Natural behavior...rather than supernatural."....Areadymind.

If there were a scripture that may epitomize this reality, and the leaven of "accommodation" it must be Matthew 6. It is the wicked lie that God's desire is to accommodate your every desire in order to satisfy your ascendancy over life. "You shall become like God!", Satan said.
Genesis 3:5
"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
..............and.........
Matthew 6:21-24

21. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

24. No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

THIS SCRIPTURE DIRECTLY RELATES THE NATURAL WORLD, AND OUR LUSTS FOR IT, WITH EVIL.

Christ in us is our only hope for the Glory of God, not this life.
Matthew 10:38-40

38. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

40. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

We are in the last days.

2010/5/19 14:13
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Brothertom

Tom, you Iced the cake I pulled out of the oven very very noicely. Thus the conclusion we may propose through this line of reasoning, which I believe to be right, is that a natural means of promoting a spiritual kingdom is absolutely fundamentally and diametrically opposed to the purposes of a Spiritual Kingdom which can only have an entranced gained through its expectation being meet which is "Spirit and Truth."

A Babylonian promotion of a heavenly kingdom will always result in tyranny and confusion...

Let us build a tower ourselves! Let us not acknowledge the Creators right way of doing things! Us Us US US US US US!!!
The footsteps of pride echoing from time immemorial till it comes to rest on the very ones who claim that they are servants of the Most High God. Nimrod is not so dead as we think.

This is almost enough to make my head as waters...and my bones as of flame. Yet I falter in my heart wondering what can even be done about it. Sometimes knowing the truth hurts more than the comfort of ignorance. The concern in my soul over this has no real practical outlet apart from prayer and protecting the flock I love, as it does not really directly affect me or my family...yet I know this insidious leaven affects the minds of friends and acquaintances. And those only a few degrees of separation away.

Amen BruthaTom

2010/5/19 14:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy