SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do you feel the Warm Tinglies?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I can totally understand what you are saying Robert. And my purpose for bringing it into the discussion is not to make those judgments against others, but as my habit always is is to evaluate my own activity. I believe it is important for me to work these issues out in my own salvation. I must recognize that I do have the capacity to try to convince others of biblical principles in the power of my own soul and flesh.

The one to whom God looks is the man whom is humble and of contrite spirit, and lets the sword of the Spirit puncture and divide his own soul from the Spirit before they even remotely consider bringing it to others attention.

I recommend it only insofar as it is not used as a point of debate or division between us but for each of us to consider for our own selves how we may fall into lying signs and wonders.

We have been warned about them, so it is helpful to know the difference between a lying sign verses a real one.
I have been Michal, and I have been David, and I would much rather maintain the latter, but even more I would look further to the activity of the Body of my Lord in the function and power of faith and trust in my Father through the power of the Spirit. That I may to say "I have done all that you had for me to do."

2010/5/18 15:48Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

to EverestoSama:

that link you gave to The Latent Power Of The Soul online is an extremely abridged version of the book (only 14 pages long). Here is a link to the entire book:

http://afolkey2.net/Projects/Bible_Files/Assorted/WatchmanNee/PDF/The%20Latent%20Power%20of%20the%20Soul.pdf

This site has other Nee titles which are listed here:

http://afolkey2.net/Projects/Bible_Files/Assorted/WatchmanNee/PDF/

2010/5/18 16:27Profile

Re: Do you feel the Warm Tinglies?

There is certainly nothing wrong about feeling tingly and warm and fuzzy. I get those when I get a hug or looking over the bay on a windy day. That always comes when something feels or sounds good. Lets not get all sanctimonious and forsake all emotion as "not of God".

I remember when my Pastor wanted to buy an old theatre in the uptown core of our city. When he told me, I got all tingly about it. I was excited about the prospect. But he was a careful man of faith, though he had a desire for such a venture, he also wanted to make sure it was from God.

Emotion plays a part in our spiritual makeup. Some, unfortunately have made even the Pentecostal infilling of the Holy Ghost to be an emotional roller coaster, usually among women, and I have found some men who can be just as crazy emotionally.

Jesus had compassion on the people many times during his ministry. Jesus wept. Jesus got angry. He might have even laughed at one point. I would like to think, Him being found in the form of a man, got goosebumps and fuzzy wuzzy and tingly when He was transfigured on the mount of Olives.

The Spiritual Blessing are those blessings that are found in Christ Jesus our Lord. Ephesians 1:3

The Soulish Blessing, if there is such a thing would be when our soul benefits from the Spiritual Blessing.

2010/5/18 20:09

Re:

Quote:
that link you gave to The Latent Power Of The Soul online is an extremely abridged version of the book (only 14 pages long). Here is a link to the entire book:

HAHA, thank you. I was wondering why Areadymind was so surprised that I had finished it already.

2010/5/18 21:04

Re:

Quote:
There is certainly nothing wrong about feeling tingly and warm and fuzzy. I get those when I get a hug or looking over the bay on a windy day. That always comes when something feels or sounds good. Lets not get all sanctimonious and forsake all emotion as "not of God".

This is an excellent point. Also, because of the fact that we are human, subject to emotions (which were created by God), it's only rational to say that sometimes one will follow the other. This is only natural.

Many times when The Lord speaks to us and challenges or convicts our spirit, or emotions will be affected in turn.
"The warm tinglies" as they're being called here, are many times the physical result of when our spirits are spoken to by God. Many times when God moves or speaks our emotions will be overcome by just the incredible power of God, and we will have an emotional reaction. Be it joy, "warm feelings", or even the feeling of being literally crushed by conviction. These are all good things, we just have to view them in the light of the fact that they are NOT the validations of The Lord's Hand, merely one of the results.

Our emotions are not the litmus test for truth. Only the Bible is. As long as we keep that in sight, I don't find anything wrong in someone saying they did receive an emotional reaction from the Truths of God.

-edited for grammar

2010/5/18 21:20
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Our emotions our not the litmus test for truth. Only the Bible is. As long as we keep that in sight, I don't find anything wrong in someone saying they did receive an emotional reaction from the Truths of God.

AMEN!

Scripture has the power to evoke all kinds of emotions. The emotion that occurs usually is the result of where you are in your walk with the LORD.

God is so good, yet I know that when I will see him, I will have to fall at his feet, knowing he is so holy and I have failed so much. Maybe this is the time when the scriptures say that "he will wipe the tears from our eyes". Revelation 21:4.

ginnyrose

2010/5/21 10:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy