SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do you feel the Warm Tinglies?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I just found a PDF of it online.

http://lovestthoume.com/PDF-Files/LatentPowerOfTheSoul.pdf

Is it the same one that includes The Christian and Psychic Force and Spirit Force vs Psychic Force? If so, I'm down to read it and discuss it.

2010/5/18 9:13
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Yup Everest. It talks about those issues. I hope you enjoy it. And learn from it.

2010/5/18 9:21Profile

Re:

Thanks, I'll start on it tonight.

-Grant

2010/5/18 9:25
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree wholeheartedly Robert, my concern isn't to judge people but to point to talk about something on a wider scale, the use of emotionalism and manipulation for "conversions" or a larger alter call. But since we don't have a clear understanding of Soulish Blessing and Spiritual Blessing then the average individual doesn't know the difference. For me the mark of conversion is a changed heart and life, I have heard of great emotion and no emotion at all at conversions, who am I to put God in a box? People however begin to base their conversion not on a changed life but on how many tears they cried on the alter, or how much they laughed that day. The true fruit of repentance is a changed heart and mind and ultimately life.

I also wanted to point to the fact that many people are going to church simply to feel these warm tingling feelings rather than simply conform to the image of Christ, and the Presense of the Lord isn't determined by changed lives but by how many tinglies I could get during worship and the message, this is quite contrary to the Word.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/5/18 9:51Profile

brother Robert

you prophesied:

"Too many Michals around"

" Let God be God."

"What matters is a new creature."

"They were needing the Joy of the Lord. It's what we all need."

in all humility, i say, the Kingdom of Heaven is near you, because this Godly Knowledge could only have been given by the Holy Spirit, and i thank God you brought this forth.

much love in Jesus, neil

2010/5/18 9:58

Re:

Quote:
Yup Everest. It talks about those issues. I hope you enjoy it. And learn from it.

Alright, just finished it. Good read. Whenever you'd like lets discuss.

2010/5/18 10:26
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

You read the whole 86 pages that fast?

2010/5/18 10:30Profile
Becca2010

Florida, USA

Re:

Another link to Watchman Nee's book: http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/nee/5f00.0634/5f00.0634.c.htm

Haven't read it, so I can't verify that this link has the entire text.

2010/5/18 14:06Profile

Re:

Robert writes.......

"Too many Michals around. What did God do when she rebuked him? God shut her womb up. Why? Because God made sure that spirit never saw the light of day. Be careful how you judge people experiences. God is watching. You may end up with a barren ministry. Why? Read about it. It's VERY serious business."

"If we form an expectation then we will lean that way. Let God be God"

Totaly agree with that Robert.

I think the early church saw God in everything and the church of today see very little of Him in anything. There is much soulish activity in the church, yet, the very real danger, as Robert points out, is that we throw it all out and we end up with barrenness. One may argue that we, the modern day church, is barren and for that very reason........brother Frank

2010/5/18 14:49
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

As I read through this thread I was very concerned because we are really discussing the interaction between God and man. When we begin making judgments of peoples experiences we need to be careful. John Wesley talked about being, 'strangely warmed'. It is not for me to duplicate his experience, but it is not for me to try and assess whether it is spiritual or soulish. When were talking about the concept of latent powers of the soul we are not even speaking of phenomena that can be biblically verified. These are theories.

The risk we run is what is typically found among biblical scholars. They sit around and talk about this type stuff until they sift their own faith and come away as confused as a termite in a yo-yo. If God is dealing with a person we need to be very careful how we speak into that situation.

2010/5/18 15:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy