Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Learning Christ - Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Learning Christ - Sparks

May 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me. (Matthew 11:29).

The great business of Christians is to learn Christ. This is not just a subject to study. I want to ask you: What is the greatest desire in your life? I wonder if it is the same as mine! The greatest desire in my heart - and the longer I live the stronger it grows - is to understand the Lord Jesus. There is so much that I do not understand about Him. I am always coming up against problems about Him, and they are not intellectual problems at all, but spiritual ones: problems of the heart. Why did the Lord Jesus say and do certain things? Why is He dealing with me as He is? He is always too deep for me, and I want to understand Him. It is the most important thing in life to understand the Lord Jesus. Well, we are here that He may bring us to some better understanding of Himself. The material of the Word will not be new - it will be old and well-known Scripture. Perhaps we think that we know the Gospel by John very well. Well, you may, but I do not. I am discovering that this Gospel contains deeper truth and value than I know anything about, and I trust the Lord will make us all see that as we go on...

The one business of disciples is to know Him, and to do what He called His disciples to do: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me" (Matthew 11:29). Jesus came to bring heavenly knowledge in His own person, and in His person we come into heavenly knowledge. It is not just what He says: it is what He says He is. Every true teacher is not one who says a lot of things, but one who, when he says things, gives something of himself.

2010/5/11 6:41Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re: Learning Christ - Sparks

Had I read your post before I posted my own, I might have simply said "Amen" to you. May God grant His people that specific boldness He promises.

See you in Heaven, brother.

By His Grace.

2010/5/12 5:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy