SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Lord is Quick to Appreciate and Slow to Criticise by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I agree with you on your discernment Hiswill.

Brenda

2010/5/8 1:29

Re:

2010/5/8 4:41
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
As of this minute, 11:45 pm Friday night, cfcindia has not posted this on their website although it is in my email inbox!

Was it from cfcindia or from sermonindex?

The article in question was sent out by cfc through email and Greg reposted it here, he does that with every week's email. And he posts Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening and with Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest and maybe some others.

Think whatever you like but Greg will not argue with you. My opinion is (I do not personally know Greg but) I think he believes you are entitled to your opinion and to take it up with cfc.

The way that Greg and the mods run this site [b]reminds me[/b] of the economic term, "laissez faire," in the context of "non-interference" and "the unseen hand!" They "watch" to make sure we all stay and behave Christian towards one another!! LOL If we aren't, then the "unseen hand" comes out and warns or after many warnings, gets kicked off SI. That's my defense of Greg and sermonindex!

About cfc, when I have emailed cfc, (someone else may have a different experience but) I don't think they don't have a computer guy that answers questions johnny-on-the-spot, my answers have always came from one of their elders and it took a week or two. So that patience thing really comes in handy while waiting!

God bless you, William!!

edited to remove the dark room statement!!

2010/5/8 8:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
The article in question was sent out by cfc through email and Greg reposted it here, he does that with every week's email.

You weren't very specific, Lysa. Were you sent the email directly from cfcindia or was it sent to you from sermonindex?

Quote:
Think whatever you like but Greg will not argue with you. My opinion is (I do not personally know Greg but) I think he believes you are entitled to your opinion and to take it up with cfc.

Who's arguing? I only asked question and pointed out the corruption in an article which Greg posted. To attempt a defense of 'someone you don't know' through the tactic of implying that this thread is argumentative is a weak attempt at diversion. Please don't do it again.

Furthermore, I'm not speaking opinion. I'm speaking the truth.

Quote:
The way that Greg and the mods run this site [b]reminds me[/b] of the economic term, "laissez faire," in the context of "non-interference" and "the unseen hand!" They "watch" to make sure we all stay and behave Christian towards one another!! LOL If we aren't, then the "unseen hand" comes out and warns or after many warnings, gets kicked off SI. That's my defense of Greg and sermonindex!

This has nothing to do with the way that Greg and the mods run this site. This has to do with the spirit which Greg posted in, as well as the dangerously unbalanced article which was snipped from here and there out of a previously written book.

By your defense of Greg, you've actually done more to damage his credibility than he did by posting such of an obviously flawed piece without any warnings about it, a piece with an obvious agenda behind it.

If Greg was truly a mature, right-hearted man of God he would have spoken for himself. A true man of God would never want someone else to defend him over something such as this. Neither would a true man of God allow the appearance of evil to stand without addressing it. After all, all he had to do was simply say that it was an article that was sent to him by cfcindia.com. By not saying anything, he has given the appearance of cowardice and damaged his witness in the Lord by allowing the scent of corruption linger.

But then again, it's really hard to stand speak against the truth without making one's self appear even more foolish.

Greg is a grown man, let him speak for himself as a servant of the Lord should.

2010/5/8 12:54
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Friend, what is your purpose here? I see that you are instigating something very ungodly here, the spirit of which is apparent to all who read your posts. Greg has no reason to answer your charges, because no matter what he says you are clearly set on a fight.

Take this fight out the doors. I ask that you not post in this thread any more nor create any new ones if this sort of confrontational behaviour will be your trademark. Remember that with all your demands on Greg and insinuations of cowardice that you are still a guest here. PM your host in the spirit of humility if you are in fact concerned with the issue. Or contact Zac Poonen's ministry, though I'm pretty sure they'll discern the spirit and avoid you as well.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Bro. Paul

2010/5/8 13:57Profile

Re:

PaulWest,

You testify something that should be seen more so than the witness of HisWill_i_am.

So Will is a guest? I know Him who holds the Book of Life.

He rebukes publicly with Honor towards God.

He IS part of the Body, although He is still immature in ways. The Lord still works through Him, maybe listen, instead of locking your doors because of his own 'righteous anger' and belittling him.

For we will know our brothers and sisters by their Love for God!

:)

2010/5/8 16:02
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

this is the official word for the week sent out on a weekly basis from cfc india. Greg has as of late has much on his hands and might not have so much time browse through all threads and reply to all questions. If you have any concern about the content of this article you should contact cfc. Greg has not altered it from the mail that was sent out.

2010/5/8 16:07Profile

Re:

hmmhmm,
Cool screen name. If more people looked right and left before crossing the road, they wouldn't get ran over.

Looks like to me, Greg chose to use the 'christ-mass-mailed' sword that evidently was blocked by a warriors 'Shield-Bearer'.

Do look both ways before crossing the road ... Why did the chicken cross? ... To get ate by a 'Terrier'.

2010/5/8 16:36

Re:

Quote:
Friend, what is your purpose here?

It should be obvious.

1. To deliver the message of the Lord.
2. To speak the truth.
3. To reveal the darkness which is being promoted as light so that those who follow and take part in it will turn away from their sin.
4. To bless you.

Quote:
I see that you are instigating something very ungodly here, the spirit of which is apparent to all who read your posts.

Then you see through a corrupt filter and need to learn to recognize the Spirit of the Lord. Do you people think that you are above rebuke? Just because the Lord has used some of you as His trumpets, even some of those who He's revealed parts of His plans to are amongst the ones who are in need or correction, rebuke, and removal.

You're right in saying that the Spirit which I speak from is apparent. If he and his peers would listen to the Lord themselves, He wouldn't have had to send me.

Quote:
Greg has no reason to answer your charges, because no matter what he says you are clearly set on a fight.

Actually Greg has many reasons to both answer the questions and charges posed to him and also to avoid doing so. Both of which reveal the spirit which he walks in.

Quote:
Take this fight out the doors.

There's no fight here. Simply an emissary delivering a message.

Quote:
I ask that you not post in this thread any more nor create any new ones if this sort of confrontational behaviour will be your trademark.

If I'm sent to confront, I will confront as boldly as necessary. How the recipient reacts is for the recipient to worry about.

Quote:
Remember that with all your demands on Greg and insinuations of cowardice that you are still a guest here.

I've made no demands and would make no demands other than those which the Lord would send me to deliver which is simply, repent.

Quote:
PM your host in the spirit of humility if you are in fact concerned with the issue.

Apparently, you have no idea what humilty is. Godly humility is simply understanding who one truly is, no more and no less. I know exactly who I am. The problem is that vast numbers of 'christians' have been falsely taught/programmed that a person of humility must always be soft-spoken. This is not the case. The only thing that I'm guilty of is being direct.

For everyone's information, I actually already have given Greg opportunity to speak to me or test me privately. His mode is like the very system which many on this forum rail against, avoid and close the doors in hopes that it'll go away. If he or anyone was truly speaking by the Spirit of the Lord, they'd be able to put everything which I've done or said to shame. There wouldn't be any avoidance.

Quote:
Or contact Zac Poonen's ministry, though I'm pretty sure they'll discern the spirit and avoid you as well.

Like I stated earlier, I already have. Perhaps they will answer and perhaps they won't. The truth is that it doesn't matter. Especially since no one has been able to speak against ANYTHING which I've been directed to say as error. Instead, the best that opposition could come up with was to attempt to justify and divert attention.

With all of that being said, you may do as you will. But regardless of how you regard the things which have been pointed out and shared, know that the truth has been spoken and the darkness has been revealed here. You can't escape it no matter how much damage control is attempted.

Feel free to ban me, but one day the truth is going to have to be dealt with and there won't be any escape from it.

William Floyd
restorethechurch.org

2010/5/8 18:01
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I am not impressed by the "protector of righteouness" banner you purport to labor under. The bottom line is that your spirit is wrong, and it is clearly discernable. I understand the need to challenge error, and I also acknowledge that we at SermonIndex are certainly not infallible nor beyond reproach; however, if you are going to set someone straight, make sure you are under the authority of God to do so. Otherwise it causes you to look foolish and immature, which is what you are doing to yourself here.

The bogus cavalier "feel free to ban me, I don't care because I speak the truth" attitude you've adopted also does nothing to improve your maturity stature. Please note, I am not saying you are wrong or right in critiquing Zac Poonen and/or Greg Gordon; I am merely saying that the spirit you are doing it in is wrong, and thus God has lent no authority to your words.

I am therefore obligated to ask you to move on, to please take your contention elsewhere on the internet.

Thank you for understanding,

Brother Paul

2010/5/8 18:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy