Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Houston

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Robert_79

Dallas

Houston

I am looking at possibly moving to Houston in the next two or three months. Does anyone know of any solid churches in the Houston metro area? I would be particularly interested in house churches. Also, does anyone know of any biblical outreach ministry going on to the Muslim community in Houston? Thank you for your help. May the Lord bless you all.

2010/5/6 10:10Profile
5nva

Re: Houston

Robert:

I've never been to this church but Bob Phillips was with David Wilkerson for a few years at TSC in NYC. He is now the pastor of a church in Houston called the Encourager Church. I have been blessed by his teachings over the years.

The church website is http://www.encouragerchurch.org/

God bless,
Mike

2010/5/6 10:22Profile
co-crucified

I have visited Encourager Church and the teaching seems relatively sound, but there does seem to be some kind of
'kingdom' emphasis developing there of which I am not too sure.

Bro. Bob is a genuine servant of the Lord but was involved
with the Brownsville School of Ministry for a while.

There were clearly some vague Word of Faith influences there.

2010/5/6 11:02Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Talk to Doug Cook you will be Blessed here.
Mr. Bill

http://www.emeraldministries.com/EMBiblestudy.htm

2010/5/6 14:18Profile
1ofHis

Robert I would definately advise the Encourager Church,in fact if I lived there that is where I know that the Lord would want me.I went there in 2010 because I was really wanting to visit there so me and my wife and son took a road trip and went houston.When we got there and I was walking in the sanctuary I just began to weep because the Spirit was so heavy and a very nice lady came and asked if we would like to sit with her on the second row just behind Bob Phillips.After he preached we went up to talk with him and he prayed for my 13 year old son,Bob remembered me from the past way before the David Wilkerson days.He is one of the few ministers I can actually trust or listen to anymore.Listen to a couple of sermons on this web site"from famine to feasting"and "the book of zephaniah"some really good stuff.Blessings!

2012/9/17 12:06Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

there are a wonderful group of house fellowships in that area of houston that you could consider being involved with. I will email you that information.

2012/9/17 12:09Profile

Hi Robert,
We are involved in a house church here in Houston reaching out to Ethiopian and Eritrean immigrants...also Nigerian and Indians (we are the only white folk...lol). We would love to visit with you when you come to Houston and help you reach muslims with the gospel. Contact me via email contact@sleepersawakened.com or on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sleepers.awakened

Yours in Christ,
Mark M.

2012/9/18 1:02
jimp

Re:

hi, joel osteen has a big churchin down town houston.could not resist..jimp

2012/9/18 1:53Profile
allaboard

Re:

I went to Encourager church 3 years ago or so and it is definitely getting weird. Bob and his senior Pastor and Youth Pastor all visited Todd Bentley and in Florida when that was going on and had muted but encouraging remarks. Shortly after just before worship, female dancers would start convulsing like they were having epileptic fits down in front and people saw it as a move of God.

Doug Cook who calls himself the Apostle of Houston has left town in an RV and not told his followers where he has gone. He left to prepare for the tribulation.

2012/9/25 1:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

allaboard, I was a member of Doug's home church until it started getting way out there, he also brought Todd Bentley into a church my daughter and grand kids attended and I was really upset at him for this. I would like to at some point in my life if you know how to get hold of Doug, see how he is doing. Doug respected me very much, and wanted me to be a part of his ministry, but after the Todd Bentley thing I bailed out. Doug is a good man, he I feel just got bored with the word of God and needed more, so like many that have fallen for the likes of Todd Bentley, Doug did the same.

2012/9/25 20:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy