SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some of the evidence of Salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Some of the evidence of Salvation

Not praying is a clear proof that a person is not yet a
true Christian. They cannot really feel their sins. They cannot
love God. They cannot feel themselves a debtor to Christ. They
cannot long after holiness. They cannot desire heaven. They
have yet to be born again. They have yet to be made a new
creature. They may boast confidently of election, grace, faith,
hope and knowledge, and deceive ignorant people. But you may
rest assured it is all vain talk if they do not pray.
... J. C. Ryle (1816-1900), A Call to Prayer, published in
the 1850's as a pamphlet, p. 1

2010/5/6 8:25

Re: Some of the evidence of Salvation

The one who cannot bow their knee to their (re-)Creator certainly is not hearing from God. Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice."

There are many many many who think that they are even in and doing the work of God, yet all the extra activities are wood hay and stubble and shall be consumed in the raging pillaring fire of His presence if there is not even belief in Him enough to talk to Him. Good works are not good works if he is not the director of the show.

How can anybody say they are following His direction if there is no prayerful communication???

How many are even training their ears to constantly hear His voice?

How many cannot even see that God is the one who let's them live this day?

How many cannot even listen to hear him say, "You know all the things i bless you with? They have been provided to you to advance MY kingdom. I shall establish my covenant in this earth...with or without you. Join me."

Not giving is a clear proof that a person is not yet a true Christian. They cannot really feel their sins. They cannot love God. They cannot feel themselves a debtor to Christ. They cannot long after holiness. They cannot desire heaven. They have yet to be born again. They have yet to be made a new creature. They may boast confidently of election, grace, faith, hope and knowledge, and deceive ignorant people. But you may rest assured it is all vain talk if they do not give.

g
Acts 20:32

"The kingdom then is not for weaklings, waverers, and compromisers... It is not for Balaam, the rich young ruler, Pilate, and Demas... It is not won by means of deferred prayers, unfulfilled promises, broken resolutions and hesitant testimonies. It is for strong and sturdy men like Joseph, Nathan, Elijah, Daniel, Mordecai, and Peter... Stephen... and Paul. And let us not forget such valiant women as Ruth, Deborah, Esther, and Lydia"
~William Hendrickson~

edited for an oopsy

2010/5/6 9:10
enid

Nottingham, England

I've read A Call to Prayer by J.C Ryle more than once, and it is truly a call to prayer.

If one is not praying, then how are they any different from before they got 'saved'?

Our trust and confidence needs to be in the God of His word.

And His word tells us 'when you pray', not if.

God bless.

2010/5/6 9:32Profile

Not talking to the Lord, not desiring heaven, believeing that one is saved by a legal fiction, not knowing that they owe everything to Jesus, not knowing that you have been forgiven such a great debt that one could never demand payment from another, these are all signs that someone has not had a radical encounter with Jesus that changes them forever. Salvation is the revelation of Jesus..........brother Frank

2010/5/6 9:37

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy