SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Marrying an Agnostic ..is this ok? or is this sin!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Marrying an Agnostic ..is this ok? or is this sin!!

I wouldn't say it's sin, but I would say your brother is getting himself in a quite a perdictement by doing so; for what does a believer & an unbeliever have in common? It is better to marry one that has the holy virtues we ourselves are trying to attain to, than marrying an unbeliever & desire the benefit thereof friend.

2010/5/6 12:17Profile

Re:

I am married to an agnostic. I was married for nine years before I became a Christian. She is a beautiful woman and very moral. She is often mistaken for a Christian. Yet, when push comes to shove, she is an enemy of the Gospel. This has raised its head so mnay times in our marriage, especially with the raising of our children and so on, many mixed messages sent, quite a bit of undermining and so on. So, take it from a brother that loves his wife deepy, heed Scripture and do not be unequally yoked, it will lead to countless problems over the years and be very complicated............brother Frank

PS she used to be an athiest so we are moving in the right direction :)

2010/5/6 12:19
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Thank you for your heart felt reply appolus.

I would agree and say that you should not marry a non-believer in general IF you are a child of God.

2010/5/6 13:14Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I would also quickly add that a christian should desire to marry someone that will be a friend to all their virtues as well; such as holiness, a tongue that refrains from evil speaking, etc. We are apt to become ensnared & enticed as well to various worldly customs when we are living with unbelievers. We must guard our hearts for out of them flow the issues of our lives.

2010/5/6 13:19Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

How many times does God have to say it in His Word to make it truth?

2010/5/6 18:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Patty,

I greatly admire the stand you are taking on this issue.

This thread should encourage you...at least I hope so.

God bless you and keep you. May his face shine upon you and give you peace.

ginnyrose

2010/5/6 19:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
PS she used to be an atheist so we are moving in the right direction :)

Frank that was a powerful little testimony. What breath of fresh air.

You see it for what it is and yet will not agree with it, but at the same time, if it happens it can still be worked on, nothing is without redemption.

"She used to be an Atheist", excellent words.

"Such were some of you".

God is good.

2010/5/6 22:21

Re:

Quote:
How many times does God have to say it in His Word to make it truth?

Until it becomes real within you!

Reading the bible will do nothing for the soul until the light is turned on, until understanding has been given.

2010/5/6 22:27

Re:

Hey Snuff, after being saved for a while I read the Scripture about the unbelieving spouse being sanctified by the believing spouse. Now, I knew what sanctified meant, I knew it came after justified, and I knew my wife was not justified, not saved. After many years I figured it out. If you hang around with Jesus, you become like Him. Jesus has been hanging around my house for many years, and slowly she has been changed, to the point that she is mistaken for a Christian. Now, for sure she is not, but it is awesome to see some of the more complicated Scriptures play out in your life. So any of you praying saints out there, her name is Angela. She had a childhood that would make most people's hair curl, she is a survivor, and I have felt the depth of love that Jesus has for her. So many times , so many times He has reached out to her and held her up through difficult trials. One day her eyes will truly open and know that Jesus has carried her this whole way and she will be overwhelmed at what Jesus did and has done for her. What a glorious day that will be..........brother Frank

2010/5/6 23:48
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

quote]How many times does God have to say it in His Word to make it truth?

The answer is once. God's truth is truth whether we understand it, believe it or accept it. It is truth regardless of our "feeling" it. And if God said it, that settles it. Too many people get themselves into trouble because they want to do something bad enough and then expect God to get them out of it. We all learn this the hard way sometimes. When God put restrictions on believers marrying unbelievers, He did it for a reason. He knew that marriage is so intimate of a relationship that each one has such a strong influence upon one another. Many times the ungodly one bears the stronger influence. Thank God that sometimes the unbelieving one comes to Christ. Marriage will not convert someone. Only Christ can do that. Marriage to an unbeliever, as many will testify, has caused the believer to compromise their soul. What about offspring? A house divided against itself cannot stand.

2010/5/7 7:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy