Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rocklife

usa

Prayer request

Please pray for me to stop being so quick to talk sharply. I have repented, asking forgiveness to offended parties, and apologizing to God. Please support my prayer and help me. I am weak in this area, picking up a bad habit from family.

Lord Jesus, thank you for forgiving my sins. Please change me and help me in times of weakness. Help me not call people dumb and talk bad of people. Help me not judge. Lord, please give me wisdom and discernment, but help me be slow to speak and longsuffering. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayers and answering according to Your will. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

2004/10/18 18:03Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re: Prayer request

Of course I'll pray; thank you for your honesty and humility.

I also am too swift to wield my sharp tongue, and sometimes wind up having to repent and apologize (though I remember one time when, the next morning when I apologized, the person I had hastily rebuked had come under conviction and was no longer particularly upset with me, God is gracious and will use even our mistakes).

The sharpness of a sword isn't the problem, though, but rather how it is used. To cut out the cancer of prolonged unrepented sin, sometimes you need the sharpest of words, but if one runs around with the sword out all the time, someone's going to get hurt unjustly.

2004/10/18 19:34Profile
dohzman

I'll also pray for you.Just a thought though---Peter was quick to speak in anger---John and James--the sons of thunder---and lets not forget Paul.So brother you're in good company, be encouraged in the end, we'er all works in progress.God Bless

2004/10/18 19:39Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

"picking up a bad habit from family."

is it your sin or theirs? I pray that the God who chose you gives you strength. his ever listening for your cry, and while you yet speak he is answering. He will not let you be ashamed, having done all stand.

2004/10/18 19:55Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Thank you for the perspectives. It can be easy to blame myself for all things. Thank you for reminding me. I admit my part and my failings, but yes, there is sin all around that needs rebuking. I am slow to see what God is revealing sometimes. As I apologize for my failings, I am happy to see the offenders apologize also, while accepting the correction.

When I rebuke, in love, sometimes I feel I am too harsh. But I learn from scripture sometimes Jesus was harsh in His zealous love for God (whip the money changers out of temple). I am also reminded of Paul saying he was sad to send harsh letters, but happy that there was correction and godly repentance followed. I am weak, a work in progress as a brother reminds me. Thank you for reminding me. I needed some encouraging and prayer support, thank you guys for your help and encouragement. I praise God for His great and gracious family.

2004/10/18 20:57Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: The root of things

Quote:

rocklife wrote:
I admit my part and my failings, but yes, there is sin all around that needs rebuking.

There is two ways you can pray:
Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. Luke 18:10

1)The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: `God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

2)"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, `God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

If you can sort out where you are coming from in your heart, I am sure than when you say anything it would be the correct thing at the correct time
God bless,

2004/10/18 21:36Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Yes, I am sinner, thank you for the scriptures.

Just to clarify, I meant there is sin all around this whole world, in all of us, all over the place. It is in me, against my will too. I did not mean to just accuse others of being sinful. I am sorry for my miscommunication. Please continue to pray for me, to get logs out of my eyes and do the will of our Lord Jesus.

Lord Jesus, please help me by sympathetic, be compassionate, be merciful, be loving. I am so weak. Thank you for hearing my prayers. Please continue to be with me and guide me on the narrow road, the way of life. Please help me examine myself and accept correction. Lord, please keep me rooted in You, Your Spirit of truth. I do not want to be chasing after every new teaching and be easily swayed by men, but I do want to be teachable and accept godly instruction. Thank you for the love of Your family and Your Son. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

2004/10/18 21:45Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Will pray for you about this and will pray that the Lord will give you hatred for your sin, that's been my prayer of late. Lord I need a holy hatred of my sin and believe me He will grant your petition.

Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

2004/10/18 22:13Profile

Bless

Lord Jesus,
you see the heart of this saint, you see the struggles, you see the yearning, you see the crying out to You, and that blesses Your heart. Abba, I ask You, bless this precious child of God, bless us both tonight while we sleep, please Lord, give us visions of the land beyond the Jordan. Take our cares and worries, and let us place them at Your feet, O Precious Savior. In Your Holy Name we pray.....amen.

2004/10/19 1:00
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Bless

The things you wrote sound familiar. Though Christianity fails to rebuke and chasten in a godly way, I too often rebuke and chasten in an ungodly way. Just, without thinking, speaking out my thoughts.

The thoughts self may not even be bad. They may even be very true! But sometimes it isn't the right time to share them. I shouldn't only consider my thoughts, but also (and most importantly) my heart, intentions and the situation.

Some verses I try to learn from are the following:

[i]"He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit" (Proverbs 17:27)[/i]

[i]"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in full knowledge and all intelligence" (Phil 1:9 - DARBY)[/i]. In my translation "intellegence" is translated with [b]"sensitiveness"[/b]...

Someone once told me: "Let the words of God go from your head to your heart and then through your mouth. Let not the words of God go straight from the head to the mouth!"

But men...this really is difficult!

[i]"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (2 Tim 2:24-25)[/i]

We won't become meek and humble after a one-time-experience...this is a process. More and more we are being conformed to the image of Christ (Rom 8:29).

Let us learn Christ! He was meek and powerful, He was tender and straightforward, He had compassion but hated hypocrisy, He comforted but revealed sins, He was humble yet without compromise.

A work in progress....

Paul

2004/10/19 7:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy