SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I want an unexplainable Joy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
I just listened to a message by Brother Zac Poonen on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Could you give me the link to that message I would like to hear it as well. It would be appreciated Thanks

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/5/5 8:26Profile

Re:

Many think that when they are first saved that they have recieved the Holy Spirit when in actuality they have recieved Jesus with "the seal" of the Holy Spirit.

There is quite a difference between having the Holy Spirit's presence within and His outpouring. The outpouring comes from this Baptism->(immersion). This is becoming "clothed" in the Spirit; or as the English Bibles usually put it, "endued" with power.

Here's an example to help clear up confusion:

Let's just say that someones comes to your home, and although you let them in, you do not really understand their purpose for coming. They are there with you, but you do not really 'recieve' them, because although you let them in, you really do not know them, nor truly understand their purpose for coming.

Until you begin to commun(e)icate with them, you two are not fully in fellowship with one another.

When you do 'share' together, this other persons begin to become part of your experience as well. Becoming more familial with them, you finally do 'recieve' them.

You become 'immersed' in their presence.
(with another human this is limited to our bodies, but with God, the body is no limitation because of Jesus Christ's finished work on Calvary. This is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit we speak of and know.)

--------------------------------------
Walking in the Spirit:

An integration occurs where you like to do what they want you to do. Your thoughts and understanding becoming like theirs, but now, if you continue to live and move in their presence, in the same way they would do, you are walking 'in their spirit'. (Jesus is our example and this life, who while on earth, was given the Spirit of God without measure.)

Because of our nature (to sin), though the sin-nature generator has a fuse that is taken out because we recieve Jesus into our heart/home to fix our lives, we are still able to go get the fuse and screw in right back into place. We should never do this, but, sad to say, we all do. When we do this, we are walking in the flesh.

The solution is to return to the finished work of Jesus Christ, denying your nature to sin by taking up His cross as our own. Doing this we will walk in the Spirit of God. See Romans 6 and 7 which details this out.

Worship of God is truthfully walking in His Spirit.

It takes form in different ways in our life:

-bowing down our purposes to
let His purpose become ours = serving Him (in thought,
word, and deed
-adoring Him who saved us = praise
-talking about He who saved us = glory (bragging rights)

In these things we honor Him above all else, and in glorifying Him through this, comes the joy of the Lord.
In this joy, His power comes.

There is more to it all than what has been explained, but these bare bone basics should give you a clearer picture towards what you can know by experience.

The details beyond this fill themselves in when walking in these things.

Agapeo,
g
Acts 20:32

(read John 14:15-16:28)

edited

2010/5/5 9:27

Re:

brother Frank

"the truth and experience are not mutually exclusive. Just because there are bad and counterfiet experiences out there should not mean that one does not seek an encounter with the living God."

Yes exactly but may we seek the baptism of the HOLY Spirit and not some other spirit which does not reveal truth to us and just gives a sensory event.

2010/5/5 9:39

Re:

Yo! Frank,

Don't have to be on site yet because materials have not yet arrived, so i'm waiting 4 now.

At the onset of getting saved, i was so love with Jesus and the scriptures, i was always trying to find any place that fellowshipped in Christ. I was telling what Jesus had done in me in all these places. I was so consumed with Him, i tried meeting with other believer's wherever whenever they were meeting.

One later Sunday afternoon after a Bible Study in John 14, i began wondering about what we had just covered. I called the leader-(the Captain of the Salvation Army in that town),
and he explained to me how comforter is the word parakletos, meaining "one called to your side to assist as your advocate." He then explained to me the Baptism of the same, and how he would fill me completely and pour out from within.

Without giving him any chance to explain further, i said, "ok, i want to know God as best he will allow. How is this done. I thought somebody has to lay hands on you."

He said, "go to your room, and it will help if you have a bit of uninterrupted time, Just pray to God for His Baptism in Jesus name and he will answer your prayer.

That is what happened, and His pouring out was so powerful and filled me with such joy that i could hardly speak to him in grattitude ...and what was spoken didn't seem to make sense to me anyway.

Time stood still. To this day it is not known how much time passed, but His presence so overpowered my body that at what could be done to praise Him ended in total repose.

There were/are gifts that were given me in this, and through walking in the Spirit, He reveals when, where, and how these gifts are to be used.

Everyone who takes part in this is given gifts, however, failure to use the stifles our experience of Him in joy and of power.

As Brenda has stated, the truth and experience are not mutually exclusive, yet there are many who walk in the Spirit, avoiding the baptism due to not understanding it's purpose. Whether by misinformation or being uninformed, their faith(fulness) is limited to what they are willing to recognize.

Just recieve whatever God desires for you from the Bible's pages and you will never be sorry. According to our faith(fulness) in Him and what He says, all these things become reality in our lives.

Some think that to know is to believe.

If you recieve His Word to you, and in trusting love towards Him do what he says, wisdom and knowledge far far far beyond what you think you understand in your head is given into you by God, along with what is promised to be.

(was there a failure to mention excitement and happiness coming with this heart knowledge?)

Love the Lord our God
with your whole heart
and your head will follow.

Hebrews
10:
...35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

11:
1 Now faith is the substancea of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Agapeo,
g
Acts 20:32

"The kingdom then is not for weaklings, waverers, and compromisers... It is not for Balaam, the rich young ruler, Pilate, and Demas... It is not won by means of deferred prayers, unfulfilled promises, broken resolutions and hesitant testimonies. It is for strong and sturdy men like Joseph, Nathan, Elijah, Daniel, Mordecai, and Peter... Stephen... and Paul. And let us not forget such valiant women as Ruth, Deborah, Esther, and Lydia"
~William Hendrickson~

2010/5/5 10:50
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: which spirit?

Quote:
krautfrau wrote:
Yes exactly but may we seek the baptism of the HOLY Spirit and not some other spirit which does not reveal truth to us and just gives a sensory event.

This is the thing, people need to be strengthen in their faith that if they ask God for a loaf of bread to believe that God won't give a rock!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11.1

It's based on walking in faith toward something we cannot see! The mountain of the Living God!! Hallelujah!!

God bless you Brenda~~

2010/5/5 12:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy