SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I want an unexplainable Joy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Love all the Scriptures and sharing. That was awesome singing in the store! Glory to God!!!

2010/5/2 3:22Profile

Re: I want an unexplainable Joy

Richard

You are in a blessed place because the Holy Spirit is dealing with you and opening your eyes to your position, whereby you are dwelling in a strange land, by the rivers of Babylon, having hung up your harp on a willow and are wearing sackcloth and ashes.

But the Lord wants to put a new song in your mouth
where :

Lo the winter is past : The rain is over and gone : The flowers appear on the earth : The time of the singing of birds is come : The voice of the turtle is heard in our land : The fig tree putteth forth her green figs : And the vines with the tender give a good smell. Song 2:11-13.

If you stand in the Light and do not turn away from it, or try to sooth those feelings through ACTIONS or FALSE ASSURANCES then the Lord will perfect His work in you.

You are blessed because many are poor and blind but do not see it, but the Lord has given you the sight to see. The Light must burn away the darkness first though, so abide in it and listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit which will convict you of your sinfulness, which will hurt for a while but is much better then to reason your way out of the place you are in. The only safe place for you is to put a wall around your mind enclosing the words of Christ alone, and refusing any voice that is not His as many will try to turn you away from your journey. The path is steep and few there are that climb it but if you wish to live in the presence of the living God then you must climb up.

Brenda

2010/5/2 6:42
Richard365

USA

Re:

Thanks Brenda for the words of encouragment. I am grateful that the Lord is showing me this area where I lack. Just the other day I was listening to a Brother who has been a Christian for some time, but just recently recieved some awesome revelations on His word. And sitting there listening to how excited he was, how he spoke about the Lord and the obvious joy he had in his heart...almost depressed me. I sat there asking myself why I didn't have the same joy. I was jealous, but later realized that I was very happy for him. Happy to see a Brother in the Lord excited and joyful in the new revelations he was recieving.

I know I'm sitting at a crossroad. I can either ignore this pain in my heart and give myself some reason to rationalize it, or I can ever lean on God for more revelation on myself. I know I can't turn my back to God anymore. I've tasted His Grace and peace in my life and I feel in my heart that I can't retreat. But Lord, I need help to figure out what it is within me and why I lack this unexplainable joy that my Brother has.

2010/5/3 6:38Profile

Re: 1st things 1st

by Richard365 on 2010/5/3 2:38:19

"...to figure out what it is within me and why I lack this unexplainable joy..."

That is not how it works.
Prov. 20:11-12,24
Jer. 17:10
Jer. 10:23

Recieving His salvation, then thinking something is still wrong with ourselves is actually saying, "God, You killing your Son for me was not good enough. I will find my problem and fix it myself."
Jer. 33:2,3

Some think they are being humble when actually their heart is lifted up in pride because of self-deception.
(Pride has two sides.)
Jer. 17:9

WE can't look two ways at once.
Rev.19:10

Worship Jesus.

Reread Joyful_Hearts posts, and think seriously about the part "turn your eye's upon Jesus." Then reread all the others and think about it. Then do something about it.

The joy grows.

When revelation comes, i do get happy and quite excited, but that is hardly the joy experienced living focused on Him.

...a chorus?
"i sing because i'm happy.
i sing because i'm free;
for His eye is on the sparrow
and i know He watches me."
Mt. 6:33

g
Acts 20:32

"The kingdom then is not for weaklings, waverers, and compromisers... It is not for Balaam, the rich young ruler, Pilate, and Demas... It is not won by means of deferred prayers, unfulfilled promises, broken resolutions and hesitant testimonies. It is for strong and sturdy men like Joseph, Nathan, Elijah, Daniel, Mordecai, and Peter... Stephen... and Paul. And let us not forget such valiant women as Ruth, Deborah, Esther, and Lydia"
~William Hendrickson~

Heb. 11:6

edited: for content and clarity

2010/5/3 7:44
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re: I want an unexplainable Joy

Richard, it's so obvious that the Lord has His hand on you and your desire for Him is so refreshing to hear. I can relate well to what you are going through.

I see something of myself in your story and it wasn't until I got baptized in the Holy Spirit that I was overcome with this unspeakable joy and full of fire. This was a definite experience which changed me completely. I believe you would do well to seek out someone who will lay hands on you or pray for you for the Baptism. There are many scriptures in the Book of Acts that attest to this experience.

God Bless in your seeking Him.

Linda

2010/5/3 10:12Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: joy

I have to agree with Linda. This is what the word says about the baptism of the Holy Spirit:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Is God still calling people? Well then the promise is still good. It will revolutionize your life. I have just been reading about the revivals in China by Marie Monsen and the revival in Korea, by Goforth and the Holy Spirit is what turned lives around and delivered them.

Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

2010/5/3 22:40Profile
Richard365

USA

Re:

Thank you all for the words of encouragment. I will keep pressing towards the goal. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

2010/5/4 3:19Profile

Re:

Richard

I would caution you to be wary of who you seek help from at the moment and who you allow to lay hands on youself. The answer you are seeking is within, be led by the Spirit and wait for the voice of Christ. Many are not discerning the spirits and pass on those which are not from God.

The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee is useful in explaining how believers get trapped into working in the flesh, and struggling with sin when what is required is faith that it has been dealt with on the cross. I do not recommend other aspects of his teaching but in this he is good and the book was instrumental in my sanctification.
When I read this truth, and the Lord applied it to my heart, I was overwhelmed with joy unspeakable. It is the truth which sets us free not some experience.

Brenda

2010/5/4 3:23

Re:

HI Brenda, the truth and experience are not mutually exclusive. Just because there are bad and counterfiet experiences out there should not mean that one does not seek an encounter with the living God. One must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. I wholeheartedly agree with discerning who to allow to lay hands on you. You wrote........ "I was overwhelmed with joy unspeakable. It is the truth which sets us free not some experience."

To be "overwhelmed with joy unspeakable" is an experience, it is an encounter with the living God and all Christians should be encouraged to have such an encounter, not once but continullly seek God's face in their walk with Him. Of course there will be seasons in all of our lives, but we should never cease to press forward and press in and draw near to Him, when we do this, He will draw near to us. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. This is the written Word of God and is the Truth. God bless you and Richard and all hungry and thirsty brothers and sisters, let this be all of our cry "As the deer panteth for the waterbrooks, so my soul longeth after thee." ..........brother Frank

2010/5/4 9:44
Richard365

USA

Re:

I agree with what you are saying. I just listened to a message by Brother Zac Poonen on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and I think I'm coming to an understanding, but I'm waiting for revelation about it.

One of the things Brother Zac mentions that just made me sit back and think was how many of us see Jesus. That most of us see Him as our "forgiver" instead of our Savior. We always go to Him for forgivness, instead of salvation from our sin. That's the first promise in the N.T. was that He would save us from our sins. Jesus means for me to have total victory over sin.

I'm seeking and thirsting for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and will praise Him while I wait. Thank you all for the words of encouragment.

2010/5/5 5:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy