SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request for Ron Bennett

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gideons

Virginia

Prayer Request for Ron Bennett

There was a man named Ron Bennett, who came to our church last week and our pastor gave a brief testimony about him today.

Ron is an average guy by all respects. He's always been a blue collar guy and the pastor's description of him reminded me somewhat of Archie Bunker (before Christ came into His life). He had a tremendous amount of hatred and racism in his heart at that time.

He was working on a house and fell off and he became paralyzed below the neck. His prognosis was poor but he surrendered his life to Jesus and walked out of the hospital less than a week later. Although he had little money and had no theological training, God led him to go to Uganda and build an orphanage. Uganda has been ravaged by AIDS and there are many children who literally have no one.

Ron not only did this but he adopted four Ugandan children and brought them back to the United States and continues to run the orphanage, although most of his time is spent in the states.

The power of Jesus to change the human heart is beyond me, but it is so awesome.

Ron is facing a triple bypass surgery tomorrow morning. The Lord has some type of divine purpose in this but I ask you, would you spend some time in your prayer closet for Ron's sake and what the Lord wants to do in his life during this difficult time.

Thank you for your prayers.

2004/10/17 20:35Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Prayer Request for Ron Bennett

Hey Ed,

What a guy! Will keep him in my prayers and thoughts, keep us updated brother.

2004/10/17 22:12Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Ron is facing a triple bypass surgery tomorrow morning. The Lord has some type of divine purpose in this but I ask you, would you spend some time in your prayer closet for Ron's sake and what the Lord wants to do in his life during this difficult time.

Lord Jesus touch this man and be with him and the doctors, guide their hands and minds. Be glorified through all these adversities and troubles, in Jesus name, Amen.

2004/10/17 22:15Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Praying with you Ed, Mike, Greg and the rest...

...for His name's sake

2004/10/17 22:32Profile
dohzman

Re: Prayer Request for Ron Bennett

I will

2004/10/17 22:45Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Thank you for your prayers. Brother Ron should be released today, Lord willing of course.

Just a FYI because I'm finding out more about this dear brother, he was working on the National Cathedral when he fell off some type of scaffolding. As he was descending, he prayed that God would change him and use him how He saw fit.

He spent the next few months in a body cast in a state of repentance. I'm praying I get to get to spend some time with him once he recovers.

2004/10/21 8:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy