Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Dearly Loving Jesus' Family

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Dearly Loving Jesus' Family

One reason Jesus loves so deeply, and we can “love one another deeply from the heart”? As He looks down at this planet, at all of these teeny-tiny little people scurrying around—He remembers that **Adam came from Him,** and therefore these, that is, we, are all **His offspring**... “‘Has the LORD deserted us; has the Lord forgotten us?’ Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for a child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you!” (Isa. 49:14-15). As you look around today, as you consider both Believer and those that have never had a Chance... love them like Jesus does. Love because we are family. These guys are part of You! Build wisely, but love deeply, from the heart... Soften your eyes to see His way. His little family, much estranged at times, but dearly loved and missed. “COME HOME!,” He cries. Not all will, but we must CARE as He does... Loving one another isn’t hard when we see through His eyes—and through His blood for you.

Felt very encouraged by this devotional and thought I would share it here with some few. Learning to love others outside of myself and caring for them more then myself has at times been difficult for me, but then when I think on how much Christ suffered, and how much the Father loved me; then I realize it is not so difficult after all.

God Bless
maryjane

2010/4/29 11:10Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Dearly Loving Jesus' Family

Quote: '...when we see through His eyes-and through His blood...'

His blood.

But for His blood, where would we be?

For God so loved the world...

God bless.

2010/5/7 4:10Profile

Amen Maryjane. Without Love we have nothing......brother Frank

2010/5/7 8:56
Joyful_Heart

Amen Mary Jane!!!! Glory to God!!!

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Cor. 13 - Love
1 Cor. 14:1 - Pursue Love
Gal. 5 - Fruit of the Spirit

2010/5/8 11:52Profile

Re:

Nice!!

2010/5/8 17:52
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks for the reminder, that we are called to speak the Truth at all times but it must MUST MUST be done in Love. But Who can fathom this love? How deep, how wide is it? May we seek to know how deep it is, and may we search our hearts to see if the Love is there.

2010/5/8 19:32Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I love 1 Cor. etc. and Gal. 5. It helps me so much when I am tempted to be offended or to pray when I am being falsely accused or to pray for my enemies or when I give to be a cheerful giver. etc. Or when something comes up and because of these Scriptures I have a choice knowing what the fruit of the Spirit is - and I can make a choice. And I need help. So I am so thankful for these Scriptures and with the Holy Spirit reminding me of them quickly I can do what the Lord wants. God tells me to hide His Word in my heart so I wont sin against Him. I could never do it without His Word and the Holy Spirit. These Scriptures are life for me and I love the Lord so much for them and the Holy Spirit to help me. The last year the Lord has put me in situations so I can become the person the Lord wants me to be and I am so extremely thankful for growth.

This is love from God - giving us the Scriptures so we can be the person He wants. I just wanted to share as I have been blessed by them so much.

2010/5/9 11:04Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re:

Though I understand that unworthiness is not necessarily the message the saved need to hear on a steady basis, it is the message the unsaved need to hear. It's possible that the preacher was targeting the unsaved in his messages.

When I preached I found myself debating who I was talking to. It seemed I was torn between delivering the message of hope or the message of imminent doom. It's a serious challenge for man to deliver the message of God. Perhaps that's why no one can do anything without Jesus. God alone knows the hearts and needs of those who come to listen.

As for what Jesus preached, we find Him teaching more on the consequences of sin than the hope extended for those who believe. Consider, there are far more sinners going to hell under false assumptions than there are those accepting the word of hope and living so as to not bring shame to the one who extends the olive branch.

By His Grace: http://buttermilk80.wordpress.com/

2010/5/9 11:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy